Sign in to follow this  
Josuhacalvert

Thallspring Scout On Independence

Hello fellow Inde Wurms.

Our Scout has arrived in your lands and we have to say first reports are damn impressive. The spectactular mountain that dominates is noted many times.It appears our Scout is in awe of this particular landmark.

Anyway we hope to see more of your lands, if our Scout does not perish, or is lead astray by nymphs!

Please say hello if we meet.

Book 1

1 - 27 Episodes

Wurm Year 1102 to 1110

Scout Deaths

💀 EP5

💀EP10

💀EP12

💀💀 EP25

Book 2 (Can't wait to visit again)

Edited by Josuhacalvert
Death Update
  • Like 5

Hiya, 

Luv'd your first episode. Sorry to have missed you travelling through my neck of the woods . Was great to see you tour a few of my deeds (Port Onody, Cluedo, Fight Club, Zed Zed Nine Plural Zed Alpha, Dragon Fang Market) , as well as my closest friends and neighbours places. (Freedom Harbor, Atrestos, Sandie World). We've been neighbours for many, many years, and are all still active. You just happened to go by the one night I / they were not online.

A little info to go with your tour. The champ deer and champ unicorn, I breed and set free to run loose around the area for decor and atmosphere. They're pretty much confined to the end of the peninsula, where a few of my deeds are. Occasional they make their way out into the wild.

Cluedo is a working copy of the board game from childhood. It's currently in the testing stage, with plans to open up in the near future.  I really liked the game as a child, and thought it could one day soon host groups to come and play.

Dragon Fang Market is a project that will never end for me (it's actually my mining deed). I've lost track of the number of dirts I've added to the southern face. But it's a place I can go to pass time experimenting, or what ever. The HotA dragon there is a tribute to the black hatchling I baby-sat on Xanadu server for approx. 5 years, by the name of Charcoal I. She was hatched from an egg by Zalifear and it was my honour to house and feed her. She escaped from her pen a year+ ago and eventually met her end when a couple of hundred dragon slayers gathered to do battle. It was very impressive. I carry a small piece of her hide with me. DFMarket also has the Deathscalator. It's a horse/cart path shortcut down to Crystal Lake. And a slide down for those on foot, like you're on an escalator.

The "bridge" you were trying to cross that originates at that temple in Sandie World (Diddyness and Sandie live there), traverses 3 deeds. As such it crosses two gaps where the perimeters touch. Unfortunately the flooring at the top of those towers in perimeter that connect the bridges, do wear out due to off deed decay. We try to keep them in place. Sorry it's not been fixed in far too long. Will get on that tho. The Sandiway connects the Temple in Sandie World, to the bar at DFMarket, for after mass gatherings. The construction design and main builder of the Sandieway, was Diddyness herself, and is a tribute to the ancient Roman aquaduct.

Best of luck with your tour, I'll def. keep an eye out for you in Local. 

Stay safe.

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 6

Hi Gumbo,

Thank you so much for the information, it is great to get to know the history of places. It was an absolute pleasure to see and as you could probably tell i was quite taken in by Dragon Fang Market. (New Holiday go to spot!)

The mountain was just insane and i never knew how large that was and how it dominates the land, scary yet absolutley beautiful.

Loved  Sandies place and having re watched the stream i can now see the roman styles you mention.Intresting about the floors on the bridge, that clears that mystery up.

Many thanks for the info

Take care

• Like 1

Zorako lived across from the tribute, where the trebuchet was. He was loved, as you can clearly see.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Josuhacalvert said:

Hi Gumbo,

Thank you so much for the information, it is great to get to know the history of places. It was an absolute pleasure to see and as you could probably tell i was quite taken in by Dragon Fang Market. (New Holiday go to spot!)

You can thank Champagnedragon for the prank she played on me a couple of years ago, with a "midnight donation" of all the Nymph statues at the DFMarket deed.

:)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gumbo said:

You can thank Champagnedragon for the prank she played on me a couple of years ago, with a "midnight donation" of all the Nymph statues at the DFMarket deed.

:)

I was decorating your deed for you!!

• Like 2

I will have to watch your vid when I get home from work today (I am band width limited at my Paramedic day job) to see if you got up to Dragon Climbers Base Camp where adventurous souls thrust sanity aside in their attempts to climb to the top of Dragon Fang Mountain.

No Spirit Templar but the cart parking area up there is Guard Tower protected and an Off Perimeter "Camp Ground" where folks can drop their tents is being developed.

Cheers, Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

On 8/4/2021 at 8:38 AM, ChampagneDragon said:

Zorako lived across from the tribute, where the trebuchet was. He was loved, as you can clearly see.

He was indeed well loved by all who knew him.

For our videographer's benefit...

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/163676-zorakos-burial-service/

Zorako's most lasting contribution's to Wurm and Indy was being one of the co-developers of the Named street lamp spacing etiquette for main road and highways that is still in use today.

Thank you for showing the world and the gaming world our memorial to this fine gentleman and a fellow vet friend.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction
  • Like 1

The abandoned Oak Wharf deed was mine. I've decided to move to Deli, but forgot to unlock the gates before disbanding and locked myself in, thus the 1 gate that was down at the waterline :) . Oak Market is not mine, but is part of my alliance. The abandoned deed to the east of the Market with the colored colossus is the old Nysa (then Oak Grove) deed. Such a beautiful area of Indy. Glad you had an opportunity to visit!

• Like 2

Really enjoyed your 1st video last night when I got home from work.

We do understand why you are not using the "community maps",  to make your exploration a "blind, unguided, follow you nose" exploration.

But I kept waiting for you to mouse over a street lamp on the main highways so I could read the road name on it and get a better idea of where you were.

Looking forward to your 2nd video this evening when I get home from work.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
grammer

So the old Nysa deed was mine. Before it was Nysa it was Geldi Prime, and before that Atrocious (sp?)

There's a lot of screenshots of it when it was done, except the farm. The whole center was a 1200 tile farm.

• Like 3

Hello fellow Inde Wurms.

Our scout has been given a mission from the Mayor.

A big thank you to Kaitlin for answering our questions about Crystal Mountain. It was a sight to behold! Apologies for completely messing up everyones names later on , kaitlin and Hughmongus to name a few.

• Like 3

Thank you for exploring the top of Crystal Mountain and The Crystal Spike Tunnel that gets you up there.  Nicely done vid and lovely shots of Oak Harbour.

That thin spike BTW is NOT a video Glitch. From my archives...

http://prntscr.com/1qdeawo  The Ultimate Tall Rock Spike, up on top of Crystal Mtn.

It was made some 5 years ago by a player who has since moved on.

http://prntscr.com/1qds3wg  A nice surprise for Scout Two is in the Safety Hut when he wakes up for the next stage of his next Indy walk about.  His ribs were starting to show so I did some cooking for him.  He should be able to Pick Up.

IF you wish to explore inside the deed before you go, the deed's mayor granted you access so you can have a look inside (including some buildings) before you head out to explore.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

A big thank you Hugh, i hope to be back soon to continue the Scouts adventure, which is really turning out to be quite an experience!

• Like 1

And we are back on our journey, a mysterious stone walled structure catches our eye and a swim to Maple Island.

• Like 3

Am just now watching the video from today, the one where your scout swam to Maple Island. 

Wonderful views, excellent capturing of the experience!

It was my first experience with any of your videos and I have to say I'm very impressed.  Thank you for sharing and please don't hesitate continuing the series! 

I'll likely never take that trip, not even by boat and hiking that trail, so I'm very glad to've been able to experience the journey through the eyes of your scout.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 1:35 PM, HughMongus said:

Thank you for exploring the top of Crystal Mountain and The Crystal Spike Tunnel that gets you up there.  Nicely done vid and lovely shots of Oak Harbour.

That thin spike BTW is NOT a video Glitch. From my archives...

http://prntscr.com/1qdeawo  The Ultimate Tall Rock Spike, up on top of Crystal Mtn.

It was made some 5 years ago by a player who has since moved on.

The spike is considerably older than 5 years. It, the tunnel, and the terraforming are the work of Tripletake.

• Like 2

Thank you for corrected info Schiann.  My source told me it was at least 5 years old but was not sure how far back in time it's construction was.

Happy have hosted your over night stay Scout Two.  Very much enjoyed the video tour of the north side of Maple Island.

Looking forward to the next one.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy 

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction
  • Like 1

So be prepared on this one as we experience a bad situation, so close yet so far! *Gasp* Glug*

We climb high and see some rather awesome deeds.

Thank you you to everyone we spoke too.

• Like 3

We are off to Mount Himmelspforte, passing through some more stunning deeds and take in some epic views while fighting off vertigo.

Independence continues to amaze.Hope you enjoy it as much as i did being there.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 2:04 AM, Josuhacalvert said:

So be prepared on this one as we experience a bad situation, so close yet so far! *Gasp* Glug*

I did not want to do a "spoiler" until you posted the link, as I caught it nearly "live" right after broadcast..

... next time you are at an embankment and out of stamina, open your character window and right click the little person figure at bottom left and try "Last Gasp", which will let you attempt to climb out of the water before you will drown.

I was watching muttering to myself "Use Last Gasp", "Use Last Gasp".

Also following the Cats Eyes will lead out of of a deed with out having to go cross country and take up Base Jumping. 😄

Nice to see you again as you passed through the Public Docks at Haven's Port (twice).

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy 

Co-Leader - The Albia Consortium

• Like 1

The old motto of "Die and Learn"... 🦆

And how the Ducks laughed at us!

Edited by Josuhacalvert
  • Like 1

A friend (Rowina) told me about this and I started watching your vods on Twitch, quite entertaining. :) 

Very cool of you visiting our deeds on Indy, nice to see the appreciation for the work and effort we put into them.

Thanks for visiting and you are always welcome. I'm more than happy with visitors stopping by. I definitely have plans to do more. 😃 

Edited by Nightz
  • Like 2

hiya! Thanks for streaming parts of my deed. i really enjoyed seeing you walk through Peak View and my Vynora colossus dirt pyramid.

and yes i opened the gates to my castle for you the day before you streamed it after we talked.  and yes Nightz  is building impressive buildings! he is too modest too

good luck with streaming\

Rowina

• Like 2