Sign in to follow this  
Vooch

New Festival Cove Halloween Haunted House Impalong 2021

14 hours ago, Vooch said:

@Ayuna - We do offer Ship imping!  The Shipbuilding Station is located next to the "NewFC NE Guard Tower".  You will see a sign there that says, "Shipbuilding Station".  Moor your ship there and someone will imp it to 70QL for you!

Nvm, found it

Edited by Ayuna
  • Like 1

Just arrived at the impalong. Lots of work to do, nice prizes, a cozy bed, nice food and a well organized event. Especially at this time of the year, there is no excuse of not being here, so get to this cool event!

• Like 1

@crimsonearth- Wagon and cart imping will occur near the new NFC Jail, which is West of the NW Imping building.  Thank you for offering to help imp carts and wagons!

@Erhid- Can you elaborate by what you mean on "Any chance for pay panfilling service there?"

Thank you,

Vooch

Can put me in for leatherworking(96), cloth tailoring(78), carpentry(85), fine carpentry(70), fletching(70), masonry(72).

• Like 1

And leaving the event heading home. Many thanks for the nice hours I had over the weekend at your place. It was a pleasure to imp some tools and gain a lot of skills and also fun to participate in the games. I normally never had luck in games, but taking two shiny rare gauntlets home. The staff was fixing every problem very prompt and there was more food than you actually can it. Highly recommend it and hopefully see a lot of you at some other events soon again!

• Like 3

Thank you for the impalong Vooch and everyone. Had fun, won prizes, fed everyone human meat pizzas without their knowledge, Good times. Praise Libila!!!

• Like 8

TY Vooch and Co.  Enjoyable time!

Nobody wanted to try out Chaos, but perhaps next time might find some folks that want something a bit different.

Edited by Spacy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Morrowen said:

Thank you for the impalong Vooch and everyone. Had fun, won prizes, fed everyone human meat pizzas without their knowledge, Good times. Praise Libila!!!

I knew there was a secret ingredient!!!

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

After last year's first New Festival Cove (NFC) impalong 2020, I asked@thicket, "Was it worth it?", (I was burnt-out after working so hard and long, and @thicket worked as hard as me.), and he looks at me and says, "I'm already working on next year!".   I never forgot that conversation!  That kind of dedication, of hard work and friendship, forged our gaming relationship to new levels.  My virtual Wurm gaming buddy, I never met in real-life, kept me focused on the NFC Impalong 2021.

This year, I am bewildered by the amount of hours, materials, and items that hundreds of players put in to make this 2021 event a success.  People calling in sick at work, delaying jobs, taking vacation... Around-the-clock dedication...  I mean, I've never seen anything like it in a virtual game, and I've been a gamer since 1976, when console gaming came out.

Last year, we hosted the New Festival Cove Impalong for 5 days and gave out about 300 gifts and prizes.

This year, we reduced it to 4 days, and gave out way over 100 more gifts and prizes, through many collective contributions and distributors in the community.  Many hours of advice to newbies, fellowship, hard work, and pure fun.  And, to top it all off, devs and community managers pitched in to add some extra fun to take the event over the top.  I've learned @Nirav has a new liking for seeeeee serpents.  You can seein  the link to our Discord channel where there's many sea serpent pictures in the #images channel,   I've got to admit, they are fun to see!

Near the end of the event, we had this Firework's Show:

Fireworks Show - NFC Impalong Halloween Haunted House 2021

This year, I now share that same attitude my friend,@thickethad last year at the same time, and it continues to this day.  We are already planning for 2022!

So, I ask all of you that attended, "Was it worth it?"

Any suggestions for improvement are welcome!  I will be working on these improvement projects now.

Love you all,

Vooch

• Like 6
  • Cat 1

10 hours ago, Vooch said:

Near the end of the event, we had this Firework's Show:

Fireworks Show - NFC Impalong Halloween Haunted House 2021

OK, I'm glad you had this in there so I could see the show.  I was working 3 fireworks boxes, so they would all get shot off, and I missed a lot of the display :(

I didn't even know there was a dragon until I watched the video and looked at the pictures!  It was certainly something worthwhile and unexpected!

I know the impalongs are a ton of work and I do appreciate everything people put into them.  I try to add as much as I can while I'm there, and I have to say this one felt so well organized, there weren't many extra places I could lend a hand.  That is nice on the one hand, and a little disappointing on the other.  I guess that just means I need to step up my game for contributions! :)

The main issue I could note would be maybe having some kind of bell or audible signal for the fighting?  I wanted to participate a bit more than I did, and honestly I just never really knew when things were going on.  I don't always pay attention to the chat in local (doing the afk thing oftentimes!), so a bell or something that would grab my attention would be nice.  Some areas are close to the fighting so I could hear it, and that just wasn't the case this time with some of the buildings being a little further away. 

I hope the newer players do enjoy the events, and I'm sure those of use that have been around for a while enjoy them for the sheer fact of finally being able to share skills with those that can appreciate them.  I will probably never get my WS up to any workable level, so I'll always show them the love!  Thanks for the good times, and I love my rare two handed sword!!!!  I really did want one and had debated buying one a month or so back.  This one is much more sentimental to me, and I know I'll keep this one! 💜💜💜

Jingerjas

Edited by Jingerjas
spelling
  • Like 1

Hello all,

Thank you to those who attended!  I hope you had a great time!

I updated the priest list, imper list, gift list, and donation list for historical purposes.  Over 400 items were given away this year!  A new record thanks to all of you!  You can view it in the spoiler section of the first post to this thread.

@CalebXephrime - Thank you for the kind words!

@Etherdrifter - Added you to priest list last week, but I  didn't get time to respond.

@Shrimpiie - I was late to adding you to the imp team.  I uploaded the imp team update for historical purposes though.  Thank you for coming, again!

@Morrowen- Thanks for coming!  You did a great job and we now have a new building at NFC... "Pizza Palace by Morrowen"

@reddragon6450- Also, a shout out to Reddragon for serving drinks during the impalong!

@Spacy- - Thanks for coming and the tremendous feedback.  We'll be working on everyone's suggestions for improvement over the coming year.  There's so much to do now! 

@ChampagneDragon- Thank you for the wonderful pictures!

@Jingerjas

The main issue I could note would be maybe having some kind of bell or audible signal for the fighting?  I wanted to participate a bit more than I did, and honestly I just never really knew when things were going on.  I don't always pay attention to the chat in local (doing the afk thing oftentimes!), so a bell or something that would grab my attention would be nice.  Some areas are close to the fighting so I could hear it, and that just wasn't the case this time with some of the buildings being a little further away.

Thank you for the feedback.  Noted!

@Jingerjas

I hope the newer players do enjoy the events, and I'm sure those of use that have been around for a while enjoy them for the sheer fact of finally being able to share skills with those that can appreciate them.  I will probably never get my WS up to any workable level, so I'll always show them the love!  Thanks for the good times, and I love my rare two handed sword!!!!  I really did want one and had debated buying one a month or so back.  This one is much more sentimental to me, and I know I'll keep this one! 💜💜💜

You can thank Hvergi for that rare two handed sword donation!  Hvergi donated a lot of items and also created events!

Keep sending the feedback, via this thread, PM me, or via our discord channel on the first post to this thread.

Love you all,

Vooch

• Like 1
  • Cat 1