Sign in to follow this  
Spacy

Chicken Cary Cage

Works like a regular horse cage, but can be carry in a persons arms.  20-35 kg (balance reasons, not cause that is what they weigh).  

2 versions:

1 with Fine Carp skill - higher QL, can be imped.  Less damage on use, no decay on deed.  Can be used with pheasant also.

1 with Thatching skill (think wicker basket).  Cannot be imped.  High decay rate off deed.  

Edited by Spacy
  • Like 4

I brought this up in Freedom in the first place, so +1

It's especially weird needing an entire cow-sized cage for a chick!

Maybe they could fit ducks too ;)

• Like 1

+1 I was thinking of a basket but small cages for fowl were quite common in medieval times and it is a bit bizzare leading a baby chick with a rope. Though hearing a newb laugh because they think I'm fleeing the chick I'm leading is quite amusing.

• Like 1

+1

but

please-pretty-please could you edit the spellings to 'carry' and 'weigh'?

I've been avoiding reading this post because, well, because my mind tries too hard to make sense of nonsense, by adding even more nonsense!

Spoiler

The Chicken Cary Cage Way:

SKmkaew.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Furohman said:

Maybe they could fit ducks too ;)

The invisible ducks go in the invisible cages.  Easy to carry, but VERY easy to lose if you put it down somewhere.  You have to try to follow the quacks.   A lot of people seem to lose them near water.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Drayka said:

please-pretty-please could you edit the spellings to 'carry' and 'weigh'?

That's what happens when you are doing 10 things at a time.  :D  

8 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

The invisible ducks go in the invisible cages.  Easy to carry, but VERY easy to lose if you put it down somewhere.  You have to try to follow the quacks.   A lot of people seem to lose them near water.

omg, losing my invisible horse is seriously becoming a thing now.

My friend could see it, so I transferred my pet to him and road HIS horse instead...

And he vanished too. I had to follow the horse he was leading.

When we got to water-level, I could see him - at swimming height, in riding pose.

The rest of the time he was under the terrain to me.

And no sign of my former pet at all.

6 hours ago, Spacy said:

That's what happens when you are doing 10 things at a time.  :D  

Thanks! Half the typos, half the madness. 😅

Definite +1 to the OP on QoL grounds.

I really like the volume balancing adjustment aspect.

And the addition to Thatching.

1 hour ago, Drayka said:

omg, losing my invisible horse is seriously becoming a thing now.

I haven't had that for a while, but it is seriously bothering.  I have gone into mines just to force a teleport in the hope of making it reappear.

I have a shelf unit in my Wurm house that is full of invisible gear.  A mortar and pestle is the only thing on it that is always visible.  I have to go shift the thing for everything to magically appear - which I do every now and then just to make sure I still have my stuff.

15 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I haven't had that for a while, but it is seriously bothering.  I have gone into mines just to force a teleport in the hope of making it reappear.

I have a shelf unit in my Wurm house that is full of invisible gear.  A mortar and pestle is the only thing on it that is always visible.  I have to go shift the thing for everything to magically appear - which I do every now and then just to make sure I still have my stuff.

Most of my tables and cupboards do this too. Must be those mischievous invisible imps. ;)

51 minutes ago, Katrat said:

Most of my tables and cupboards do this too. Must be those mischievous invisible imps. ;)

I blame the ducks