Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

Let us paint fountains.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I would love to be able to paint one of my fountains and since other stone items can be painted I figured why not fountains.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

I would probably just paint them bright green, but why not?

At least you would have the option. ;)

Yes I know but I want a specific color that I've created with a dye. Can't get that with the runes.

• Like 1

I can't think why it is excluded. Even if dyeing it does or doesn't change the visual colour of the water spray.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drayka said:

I can't think why it is excluded. Even if dyeing it does or doesn't change the visual colour of the water spray.

I agree.

no they look silly pink or red or blue maybe a small piece of outline  not the whole thing

10 hours ago, Drayka said:

Or COULD it?  Dye in the water; does it every time!  🤪

At this point even I don't know if I am joking or serious.

3 hours ago, christopher said:

no they look silly pink or red or blue maybe a small piece of outline  not the whole thing

Actually the color is gold but even if it was another color I think it would still be better than dull bland colorless grey. It's in a room with gold altars and since we can't use marble for another option I opt for gold dye.

Edit-I was just thinking that metal fountains would definitely work too.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

You could also have fountains in faux sandstone and faux slate, or make them look mossy with some green.  There is actually quite some scope for this.

• Like 2

I like the moss idea. I would love water lilies in a fountain base. Heck I would be happy just to see actual water in the fountain bases.  lol

• Like 1

Yes, why not.  Also I agree with @Draykaand @TheTricksterit would also be interesting to add some dye to the water to get a different coloured spray for a more subtle effect.  I suppose we could try to put coloured lamps in the fountain in the meantime.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Muse said:

I suppose we could try to put coloured lamps in the fountain in the meantime.

I've seen some very effective combinations of fountains and coloured lamps centred on the same tile. I wholeheartedly agree that people should experiment with this in the meantime.

20 hours ago, Muse said:

Yes, why not.  Also I agree with @Draykaand @TheTricksterit would also be interesting to add some dye to the water to get a different coloured spray for a more subtle effect.  I suppose we could try to put coloured lamps in the fountain in the meantime.

We do have a fountain with a blue aura to it from this and it does have a nice affect. I still would love a gold fountain though and I fear a yellow or gold lamp would just make it look like a urine fountain.