Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Keep targeted mob highlighted red

Even when not hovered over, keep it highlighted.  In the seas of rift mobs, maybe it'd help someone?

• Like 4

As someone who fights at rifts from time to time, I do like this idea.

There's a GUI device that shows the direction(s) from which you're being hit. Perhaps that could also be used to show the direction to your current target.

• Like 1

Hmm.

Only if you can tell me that if someone/something was targeting YOU or your mount, you would want them to have increased aggro range so as not to be able to lose you until local mouseover range is exceeded - basically making every hostile mob as aggressive as a hellhound.

The impact on PvP would be massive, and therefore it's only fair that the impact on the behaviour of PvE mobs should equal the buff PvP players would get against their enemies.

54 minutes ago, Drayka said:

Hmm.

Only if you can tell me that if someone/something was targeting YOU or your mount, you would want them to have increased aggro range so as not to be able to lose you until local mouseover range is exceeded - basically making every hostile mob as aggressive as a hellhound.

The impact on PvP would be massive, and therefore it's only fair that the impact on the behaviour of PvE mobs should equal the buff PvP players would get against their enemies.

Can't it just be a PVE only thing?

I’m thinking of this purely client side.  Simple in that whatever mob YOU target it stays highlighted red when on screen. That’s it, nothin server side.  It’s just so it’s easier to pick out when at events other mobs or people stack up on each other.  I don’t think it needs to really go beyond that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

I’m thinking of this purely client side.  Simple in that whatever mob YOU target it stays highlighted red when on screen. That’s it, nothin server side.  It’s just so it’s easier to pick out when at events other mobs or people stack up on each other.  I don’t think it needs to really go beyond that.

Clearly you've never been in a player versus player situation. LOSING your intended target in the chaos, or when they are going through thick trees, BECAUSE you have to keep mouseover to see them clearly, is a core skill - one I'm EXTREMELY bad at when trying to attack people, but has enabled me to escape on more than one occasion. (Because almost no-one can keep track of someone who can get THEMSELVES 100% lost in the forest.)

Personally I'd be for it, as I can't get any WORSE at killing other players than zero-success-rate unless they are completely ignoring me. But it would totally ruin the game for others as a client-side feature.

Thus I think it's only fair to put it in terms PvE players would understand: Imagine if the mobs could do that to YOU.

Would you be willing to consider it being implemented as a crutch/newbie buff feature that turns off at 50FS? I doubt it, as you didn't phrase it that way.

I think there's a difference between difficulty resulting from game design and balance decisions, and difficulty imposed by a poor user interface. And I think that this suggestion would reduce difficulty of the latter type. And (in case this needs to be spelled out) I think that that is a bad type of difficulty and one that should be removed wherever possible from games.

+1 for this, not concerned about the PVP impact as that's completely irrelevant to me.

On 8/2/2021 at 2:45 PM, Drayka said:

Clearly you've never been in a player versus player situation. LOSING your intended target in the chaos, or when they are going through thick trees, BECAUSE you have to keep mouseover to see them clearly, is a core skill - one I'm EXTREMELY bad at when trying to attack people, but has enabled me to escape on more than one occasion. (Because almost no-one can keep track of someone who can get THEMSELVES 100% lost in the forest.)

Personally I'd be for it, as I can't get any WORSE at killing other players than zero-success-rate unless they are completely ignoring me. But it would totally ruin the game for others as a client-side feature.

Thus I think it's only fair to put it in terms PvE players would understand: Imagine if the mobs could do that to YOU.

Would you be willing to consider it being implemented as a crutch/newbie buff feature that turns off at 50FS? I doubt it, as you didn't phrase it that way.

I have pvp'd many many years ago.   Remind me in my posts where it said target had to be a mob or player?  I set this openly as to incite discussion, not hostility, or sillyness.  A target can be anyone or anything, or even limited in scope as to maintain balance.  I agree in pvp it's a bad thing, so maybe simply only enable this on non-player entities.  Assumptions make an ass of you and me, I try not to assume too often, do you?  Again, I phrased this rather vaguely as you've noticed, so it can be expounded on and fine tuned by everyone as I surely don't know everything and do not assume to.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 11:54 PM, Nomadikhan said:

I have pvp'd many many years ago.

Dehorsing wasn't a thing back when you played huh? PvP was exactly like sparring and dueling was it?