Sign in to follow this  
Chihuahua

Coconut Tree!

New tree type: Palm tree, growing on grass near sands, but you could pick sprout and plant it where you want. 

https://imgur.com/a/i9uvmof

When foraging on this tile, you could get coconuts, and ofc make milk from them, or you can make coconuts grow on the tree during summer and just harvest them.

It will be ofcourse used in cooking and beverages, I know there is coconut already so it could replace this crafted one (which doesn't make much sense)

https://imgur.com/a/rX3uIqK

Also new wood type (maybe new texture is too much lol so just changed wood color)

Who needs coconut milk? Nobody, but palms will be freaking awesome, it will fill up the coasts and deserts, awesome addition to sandstone themed villages.

Edited by Chihuahua
  • Like 4

Yes pls, for the first time today i needed coconut and the way it is made didnt make mutch sens.

But i would like to harvest them.

• Like 1

+1 for palm trees

Would also like cocoa trees for easier access to chocolate.

• Like 1

..yeeeesss..... but FIRST, I want ironbark and scribbly gum and paperbark and white cypress and mango and macadamia and bunya pine......

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

..yeeeesss..... but FIRST, I want ironbark and scribbly gum and paperbark and white cypress and mango and macadamia and bunya pine......

Hey dont be greedy. 

You can say coconut doesn't fit I'm eurm but why? every server is island, I'm always living on the beach, there is 927km of coast in wurm, also they could spawn near small lakes on the desert... just imagine. Also making model and textures is super easy. Couple palm leaves and palm bark texture

And we could make Coconut Beverage Recipe's, Coconut Rum, Pina Colada's but that would require Pineapples.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chihuahua said:

Hey dont be greedy. 

You can say coconut doesn't fit I'm eurm but why? every server is island, I'm always living on the beach, there is 927km of coast in wurm, also they could spawn near small lakes on the desert... just imagine. Also making model and textures is super easy. Couple palm leaves and palm bark texture

😁   Oh, know that I am in favour of coconut palms,.  Very much so.  I just want those other trees MORE.  Pine is about the only tree in WURM that exists in RL for me (as in , exists where I live)  so I want something a bit familiar.  We do have coconut palms, so they are sure on the list.

Edited by TheTrickster

14 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

😁   Oh, know I am in favour of coconut palms,.  Very much so.  I just want those other trees MORE.  Pine is about the only tree in WURM that exists in RL for me (as in , exists where I live)  so I want something a bit familiar.  We do have coconut palms, so they are sure on the list.

You right, something like tree update would be cool but we cant even get smaller changes/ additions so I started with just one tree that would fit perfect imo and as I can see we got 100% players approve here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huserx said:

And we could make Coconut Beverage Recipe's, Coconut Rum, Pina Colada's but that would require Pineapples.

afaik we can make pineapples from pine and apple.. I like it cause its clever and funny, same with coconut from cocoa and nut, but this doesn't make any sense 

12 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

Nope

Thanks for smart constructive answer we need more feedback like this

• Like 3

Would be cool to have coconut trees on the beaches. Would be great for decoration as well as functionality if you make the coconuts harvestable. +1 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

Nope

Hmm. So clear what the problem here is.

Could we perhaps make coconut trees that are in-game for everyone BUT Dale?

e.g. an opt out feature where all players that subscribe to the list just see question bags where everyone else sees a coconut tree, and all the recipes pertaining to coconut tree products are unavailable to them?

😉

30 minutes ago, Drayka said:

Hmm. So clear what the problem here is.

Could we perhaps make coconut trees that are in-game for everyone BUT Dale?

e.g. an opt out feature where all players that subscribe to the list just see question bags where everyone else sees a coconut tree, and all the recipes pertaining to coconut tree products are unavailable to them?

😉

I'll plant this coconut trees all over his deed on Xanadu, then I'll trebuchet him with coconuts

I am sick to death of idiotic suggestions spamming this forum. I will not engage, but will object. If you want to engage in meaningless discussions, go right ahead, but I won't be dragged into this lunacy. There isn't a tropical biome here, we have no jungles, therefore no coconuts.

Edited by DaletheGood
clarity
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, DaletheGood said:

I am sick to death of idiotic suggestions spamming this forum. I will not engage, but will object. If you want to engage in meaningless discussions, go right ahead, but I won't be dragged into this lunacy. There isn't a tropical biome here, we have no jungles, therefore no coconuts.

And how is that a idiotic suggestion? 

Sir, you clearly dont know the game well, because there are coconuts, but obtained from crafting coco and nut (same like pineapple, guess the crafting for this one). Also I dont think palms are supposed to grow (mainly) in the jungle, THEY ARE, but they also grow in oasis? On the beach? Dont you got this in wurm? Well I'm super friendly user but I need to say that, only idiotic here is your comment. I don't blame you for not liking the idea, but I wanted to make it straight. Adding one tree type, which is not a big deal let's be honest, will change the look of deserts and coasts. I dont want to look like palm maniac but I was thinking about this for couple years, cause I always deed at ocean coast.

tl;dr you are wrong that there need to be "jungle" to make palms have sense.

1 hour ago, DaletheGood said:

I won't be dragged into this lunacy.

Sorry but, playing Wurm Online is practically the definition of intentionally and deliberately courting lunacy.

Wogic had a fleeting relationship with mediocrity, and thereafter decided it was far too boring and un-fun. 🤣

Edit:

Who is credited on the loading screen as saying "We will never add dragons." ?

Edited by Drayka

I love palm trees since I was a kid.  Please please please can we have palm trees.  

Would be great for the shoreline or making Egypt type towns with sandstone. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zexos said:

I love palm trees since I was a kid.  Please please please can we have palm trees.  

Would be great for the shoreline or making Egypt type towns with sandstone. 

That's right bby. Gosh I forgot about sandstone. Sandstone walls+ palms+ wooden walls, dude.

• Like 1

sandstone/rendered wall housing below ground.. and some large planters with palms... you do dream big

good luck

+1

• Cat 1

On 8/2/2021 at 12:06 AM, Chihuahua said:

When foraging on this tile, you could get coconuts, and ofc make milk from them.

Semi off-topic, but I just can't accept plant milk as a concept - it isn't milk.  It might look milky, but it is juice or water to me.  

Milk comes from mammals (and at a stretch, pigeons).  I have no idea how anyone milks an almond or a soybean - I mean where do you put the cups?

I do enjoy soy based beverages, I don't do almond ones because of the environmental issues, haven't tried oat beverages but wouldn't have an issue.  Coconut water and coconut "milk" are not to my taste, but I have no issue with them except for the "milk" label.  I like coconut, but basically just fresh or dried by itself.

hmm - green coconut and a reed - first aid?

Edited by TheTrickster