Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Keybinding for focus, ignores limit.

During combat UI focus button becomes inactive at some point and blocks ability to raise focus to higher levels, but when I use keybinding, I can still increase focus level.
Either button restricts my character too quickly (on too low level), or the keybinding ignores restriction.

Edited by Darnok

wrong...

I have numpad0 for focus.. it works as intended - you can not use it until the eye in the gui appears

if you're doing something else describe it in detail, if you want in pm to a dev, but focus keybind in a fight works as intended afaik, at the start of a fight there's specific time where you can not focus you're probably messing up in that and spam focus once that time is over, by that time the gui eye icon appears and you can either keybind or click focus from ui

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

wrong...

No, he's right. The focus eye was broken at some point and somehow still hasn't been fixed. It closes incorrectly at Focus Level 3 preventing you from focusing further, but the keybind can be used to focus as intended.

Another simple bug that they've known of for a while but still can't/won't fix it

is that against specific targets, I do not have the keybind working before eye opens

10 minutes ago, Finnn said:

is that against specific targets, I do not have the keybind working before eye opens

We're not saying it allows you to focus early. Once a fight has progressed enough that you can focus, do so. When you reach Level 3, the eye will close again, preventing you from focusing further even though you should be able to. However, you can then use the keybind to bypass the button not functioning.

Just now, Synjor said:

We're not saying it allows you to focus early. Once a fight has progressed enough that you can focus, do so. When you reach Level 3, the eye will close again, preventing you from focusing further even though you should be able to. However, you can then use the keybind to bypass the button not functioning.

OOOOOOOOOhhhh.. must be limitation by fighting skill or weapon mastery or w/e prevents it.. but keybind works than.. OK, I'm 97fs.. I can't see this at all, for me once it opens it's open season all the way to the end; good catch for noob balance

13 minutes ago, Finnn said:

OOOOOOOOOhhhh.. must be limitation by fighting skill or weapon mastery or w/e prevents it.. but keybind works than.. OK, I'm 97fs.. I can't see this at all, for me once it opens it's open season all the way to the end; good catch for noob balance

It isn't lol. Multiple 80+ Fighting and 80+ weaponskill toons experiencing this. Are you using the new UI or no?

new ui here

--event log
[19:28:58] You target an adolescent fat bison.
-- nothing else in event log

97.61FS / 27.30weaponless - fought a adolescent bison with no equipped weapon(lazy to go out and spend time to find a hell scorp or champ.. results will be relatively same, maybe more failed focus attempts with their hits stopping/delaying/ me, overall real fight simulation, normally not much can prevent focus on pve

--combat log & TL;DR 4 focuses 1 after another straight, 1 fail to focus and 6th try caps at level 5 focus--

Spoiler

[19:28:58] You try to hit adolescent fat bison.
[19:29:03] Your attack glances off adolescent fat bison's armour.
[19:29:07] Your attack glances off adolescent fat bison's armour.
[19:29:10] The attack to the left thigh glances off your armour.
[19:29:11] Adolescent fat bison takes no real damage from the hit to the thigh of the right hindleg.
[19:29:15] Adolescent fat bison kicks you hard in the stomach and slaps it.
[19:29:16] Adolescent fat bison takes no real damage from the hit to the calf of the left foreleg.
[19:29:18] You need to get into the fight more first.
[19:29:19] You need to get into the fight more first.
[19:29:20] Adolescent fat bison barely evades the blow to the chest.
[19:29:20] The attack to the left underarm glances off your armour.
[19:29:22] You need to get into the fight more first.
[19:29:24] You need to get into the fight more first.
[19:29:25] Adolescent fat bison takes no real damage from the hit to the stomach.
[19:29:25] You need to get into the fight more first.
[19:29:26] The attack to the left thigh glances off your armour.
[19:29:27] You need to get into the fight more first.
[19:29:28] Adolescent fat bison takes no real damage from the hit to the left hoof.
[19:29:28] Adolescent fat bison kicks you hard in the right thigh and irritates it.
[19:29:28] You try to focus.
[19:29:31] Adolescent fat bison kicks you hard in the stomach and slaps it.
[19:29:33] You balance your feet and your soul.
[19:29:33] Adolescent fat bison takes no real damage from the hit to the stomach.
[19:29:33] You try to focus.
[19:29:35] Adolescent fat bison headbutts you pretty hard in the right underarm and slaps it.
[19:29:37] Adolescent fat bison kicks you hard in the stomach and irritates it.
[19:29:37] You are now focused on the enemy and its every move.
[19:29:37] Adolescent fat bison takes no real damage from the hit to the stomach.
[19:29:38] You try to focus.
[19:29:42] You feel lightning inside, quickening your reflexes.
[19:29:42] Adolescent fat bison takes no real damage from the hit to the chest.
[19:29:42] The attack to the left underarm glances off your armour.
[19:29:42] Your attack glances off adolescent fat bison's armour.
[19:29:42] You try to focus.
[19:29:46] Your consciousness is lifted to a higher level, making you very attentive.
[19:29:47] Your attack glances off adolescent fat bison's armour.
[19:29:47] You try to focus.
[19:29:51] You fail to reach a higher degree of focus.
[19:29:51] Adolescent fat bison takes no real damage from the hit to the thigh of the left hindleg.
[19:29:51] Adolescent fat bison takes no real damage from the hit to the calf of the left foreleg.
[19:29:51] You try to focus.
[19:29:53] Adolescent fat bison kicks you pretty hard in the stomach and slaps it.
[19:29:55] Adolescent fat bison bites you very hard in the right underarm and hurts it.
[19:29:55] You feel supernatural. Invincible!
[19:29:55] Adolescent fat bison takes no real damage from the hit to the thigh of the right hindleg.
[19:30:11] Your consciousness is lifted to a higher level, making you very attentive.
[19:30:32] You feel lightning inside, quickening your reflexes.
[19:30:53] You are now focused on the enemy and its every move.
[19:31:14] You balance your feet and your soul.
[19:31:35] You are not focused on combat.

If something stops you at focus 3.. it's some kind of skill/stats,

good report to balance the new players/pvp alts from cheating with keybind if UI is blocked but keybind overrides it

--edit

one more time.. once on my side the gui focus eye opens - it remains open to the end of the fight/unless stunned and whole fighting ui is blocked/ 

Edited by Finnn

22 hours ago, Finnn said:

wrong...

I have numpad0 for focus.. it works as intended - you can not use it until the eye in the gui appears

if you're doing something else describe it in detail, if you want in pm to a dev, but focus keybind in a fight works as intended afaik, at the start of a fight there's specific time where you can not focus you're probably messing up in that and spam focus once that time is over, by that time the gui eye icon appears and you can either keybind or click focus from ui

You can use it even before the eye opens, but not in the first fight, only in every next one 🙂
You can raise the focus to the max level before the normal UI button during second fight would let you add 1 level to focus.

On 7/31/2021 at 12:37 PM, Finnn said:

If something stops you at focus 3.. it's some kind of skill/stats,

good report to balance the new players/pvp alts from cheating with keybind if UI is blocked but keybind overrides it

Again, it isn't a skill issue lol. Focusing past 3 was never blocked for me prior to the mini-update where they made the eye open and close to show if you could focus, and plenty of others have the same problem

It doesn't close for me, whatever causes it for you to close - isn't happening here or fight doesn't last that long to see it happen

changing target (having 1+ focus skips the timer at the start of combat, but the ui doesn't reflect that) having a focus action interrupted by damage or dropping focus from a big hit breaks focusing via ui. 0 clue what finn is on about as always

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Sooo this is still broken btw.

Can use the Focus button in the UI until Focus Level 3. The eye then closes and you cannot use it to go to Focus Level 4. If you use the Focus keybind while you're at Focus Level 3 it will allow you to go to Focus Level 4 at which point the eye will open up and allow you to use it to go from 4 to 5.

Edit

73 Fighting

Tested on nearly every mob (passive and aggressive)

Edited by Kellen