Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Buy individual item skins at deed tokens

Currently we can buy Jackal skins at deed tokens, but there are so many that we're unlikely to be happy with what we get. And we can also buy the "item of the month" skin, but only for the month that it's available.

So what am I proposing?

• In addition to being able to buy this month's skin for 4500 Marks, we should be able to buy previous months' skins for 6000 Marks
  • In addition to being able to buy a random Jackal skin for 3000 Marks, we should be able to buy a specific Jackal skin for 6000 Marks

Who would be happy with this? Anyone who wants to buy a specific skin (or who perhaps wasn't able to play during a particular month).

Who would be unhappy? Speculators who bought lots of skins in the hope of being able to sell them for a profit. They would still be able to sell them, but perhaps not for as much as they'd hoped.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 7

+1 we desperately need the old skin tokens back to buy

I will take anything for them to come back around, even as a rotation

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

reason for the higher price?

To offset the convenience of being able to get exactly the skin you want - something which we cannot do at present.

• Like 1

+1

See no reason why we cannot buy previous skins anymore.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

+1

See no reason why we cannot buy previous skins anymore.

same.. and it's not like anybody stocks on old ones.. no reason to raise the price imo, just expand the 1 item 'shop' into many item one..

--edit

while at it.. offer both pricings.. some kind of balanced silver / marks value for them all.. with or without more exclusive ones(costing more or less..)

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

Yes to both being able to buy any/all of the previous monthly skins and to being able to select which skin to buy.

As above - just have a whole skin shop hanging off the marks store.  I don't see the need to charge more for bygone monthly skins -  but I can see that a skin "lucky dip" would be cheaper than selecting the exact skin that you want.

Maybe have a random skin at 3000, and a specific skin at 4500 - don't put monthly skins in the random pool until 12 months old and then give them a lesser probability than jackal skins.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Speculators who bought lots of skins in the hope of being able to sell them for a profit.

Are there any?  This is a genuine question.  I have known some people to get an extra one or two, or like me just hold onto a Jackal skin they don't want or need.  But I have not seen anyone generally trading them.

3 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Are there any?  This is a genuine question.  I have known some people to get an extra one or two, or like me just hold onto a Jackal skin they don't want or need.  But I have not seen anyone generally trading them.

I don't know. I'm trying to think through the possible objections to the idea. I know that some players bought a lot of Marks (particularly on the Northern servers) and were then unable to buy the moon metals that they were expecting to be available. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those people spent a bunch of Marks on skins.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1

God, please. Couple good skins that weren't available at any point on NFI, and are practically impossible to find an unused token on SFI anyways. 

It's been stated that skins would come back around eventually, but... when??

• Like 1

A new trader that just offers skins...with updated skins added every month. Talk about a gold sink! The amount of money that could be made via this is insane. Selling cosmetics seems to always be a good money maker. It gets new things that the players want, require no balancing and people will buy more silver from the game store just to buy more cosmetics.

Forges

Ovens

Wagons

Carts

Animal Barding

Flags/banners

Hats and other clothing

Ships

Guard towers

The list goes on with what new skins could be added. In this day of micro transactions being king, I cannot believe that Wurm has not gone this way.

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 3

Yes.  This is how genuine F2P used to work (don't know if it is still the norm).  Cosmetic changes so that people can, for a price, heavily customize the look of pretty much everything around them.  

MOAR SKINS PLEASE!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gnomegates said:

A new trader that just offers skins...with updated skins added every month. Talk about a gold sink! The amount of money that could be made via this is insane. Selling cosmetics seems to always be a good money maker. It gets new things that the players want, require no balancing and people will buy more silver from the game store just to buy more cosmetics.

Forges

Ovens

Wagons

Carts

Animal Barding

Flags/banners

Hats and other clothing

Ships

Guard towers

The list goes on with what new skins could be added. In this day of micro transactions being king, I cannot believe that Wurm has not gone this way.

You're right. This is why I'm more optimistic about this suggestion than any other. It's an obvious money source.

I would like to get the longsword skin on NFI. Sadly its long gone.

so +1

Would love to see the old skins available!!!!!!!! I am still hopeful to find the ageless LMS skin!

I posted something similar to this, failure on my part to look past. For not just item skins but some (not all) past non craft able deco items, like gnomes, and the like.. 

Edited by Huserx
Can't type