Sign in to follow this  
Tomatoes

Why you should 'engage' with your toon.

oo oo, i know the answer to your question RainRain..   because with the new company of ownership, we no longer get regular updates, large parts of game are broken with no fixes, no news offered by dev teams, no major game anniversaries acknowledged, just the sound of crickets chirping among and a player-base deserted      ....it's just a question of how long each individual player will survive before giving up and moving on to other games

did i get it right?

Edited by MordosKull

8 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

oo oo, i know the answer to your question RainRain..   because with the new company of ownership, we no longer get regular updates, large parts of game are broken with no fixes, no news offered by dev teams, no major game anniversaries acknowledged, just the sound of crickets chirping among and a player-base deserted      ....it's just a question of how long each individual player will survive before giving up and moving on to other games

did i get it right?

lol nonsense?

are we derailing into fiction end-world scenarios?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beastwolf said:

i have many questions

also BEEEEEEEEEEAAASTTT welcome back, make us another video themed with this thread?

Hmm......This is sounding like that if I really immerse myself with my character then I could take on the traits of said character through my subconscious mind.

In other words: If in game, I never give up on a project and find ways to communicate and interact with players in game, then that may lead to those types of traits being passed on in a way, into my real reality.

A friend once told me that Virtual Worlds are like a speeded up version of real life.  So you could use Virtual Worlds like wurm to test out and explore different parts of yourself. You can be as lazy or as hard working as you want. You can chat or talk about mostly anything in any kind of style.  You can change your attitude and see how it effects not only yourself but the other people around.

Wurm can be a sandbox in the way of actually being a sandbox for your own growth.  If you really want to get that deep and involved with it. 

I think alts can also be a great way to play different versions of yourself and maybe interact with different kinds of people.  This is because after so much time, we create an image about who we are as our characters (Virtual and in Real Life)  and other people create images about us too.  Once the images starts to stick, it can be pretty hard to act in a different manner, even more so if other people are expecting you to act in a certain way.  This is why Alts can be so good for exploring different parts of yourself too.

Edited by Zexos
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RainRain said:

describe why you believe this game is a survival game

Wurm Online homepage, says 'survive' right there.

17 hours ago, Zexos said:

Hmm......This is sounding like that if I really immerse myself with my character then I could take on the traits of said character through my subconscious mind.

In other words: If in game, I never give up on a project and find ways to communicate and interact with players in game, then that may lead to those types of traits being passed on in a way, into my real reality.

A friend once told me that Virtual Worlds are like a speeded up version of real life.  So you could use Virtual Worlds like wurm to test out and explore different parts of yourself. You can be as lazy or as hard working as you want. You can chat or talk about mostly anything in any kind of style.  You can change your attitude and see how it effects not only yourself but the other people around.

Wurm can be a sandbox in the way of actually being a sandbox for your own growth.  If you really want to get that deep and involved with it. 

I think alts can also be a great way to play different versions of yourself and maybe interact with different kinds of people.  This is because after so much time, we create an image about who we are as our characters (Virtual and in Real Life)  and other people create images about us too.  Once the images starts to stick, it can be pretty hard to act in a different manner, even more so if other people are expecting you to act in a certain way.  This is why Alts can be so good for exploring different parts of yourself too.

Very good. and yes you could do this, however there is a 'catch'. If you give your 'alts' the same things you give your mains you are, in essence, creating multiple personalities on your own, for your self. And yes that CAN bleed through to RL. What happens when one 'persona' conflicts with another?

Edited by Tomatoes
grammar police

9 hours ago, KellyTxX said:

Are you the autistic fellow that plays in hots on chaos?

Yes, however we have our own PMK now, so its no longer hots