Sign in to follow this  
Tomatoes

Why you should 'engage' with your toon.

TL;DR: The experience of a lifetime! 

Why should you engage with your toon? And by 'engage' I mean become one with your 'primary' character in the game when playing. the answer will blow your mind: you are missing out on the experience of a lifetime!

lets break this down a bit: first off this is a Survival game. yes its touted as the Ultimate sandbox MMORPG, however people miss that this is a survival game as well. If you are not using all the gifts you as a person have, you are not really surviving, are you? 

yes its a sandbox game too: things DECAY. we pay upkeep for deeds to prevent that. It doesn't mean that destruction is necessary, its just accepted when the conditions are correct for it. 

Got a question? Ask away. 

• Like 2

Do you have any tips on how I can become one with my main?

Can you skip the process and just tell me the answer that will blow my mind?

If I have alts how can I prevent myself from parting from my main and fragmenting my mind between them all?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Do you have any tips on how I can become one with my main?

Can you skip the process and just tell me the answer that will blow my mind?

If I have alts how can I prevent myself from parting from my main and fragmenting my mind between them all?

ROFL: much as i know thats supposed to be trolling, and yes i expected the first post to be that, im going to answer your question anyways. 

What do you need to connect with your toon?

Imagination

Emotion

Reason and Logic: aka critical thinking

communication

Imagination is necessary in order to see things from other perspectives; emotion is necessary cause its part of your identity(same for imagination) and 'Want' is an emotion: Desire; Reason and Logic are necessary in order to understand the mechanics and look for adverse conditions. As for communication, well communication is defined by the exchange of information: input and output. without communication you wont get very far.  

I think reason and logic would be the thing that prevents me from immersion, I was genuinely curious btw but I don't think listing things I need helps me much, I was thinking more technique and process

• Like 2

Technique and process are all going to be individual. not everyone thinks the same, or processes in the same way. being an individual is all about exercising your emotions and imagination. the rest you will have to discover on your own. Also sorry for assuming you were trolling, my bad. :D

• Like 1

Well, I crafted my toon to be a greying, unkempt pale individual.  That's me making an RPG character that physically represents me.  After that I treat it as an RPG - notice the double emphasis there: "Playing" and "Game".  

Sure I engage, but I do not ever become "one" with an escapist avatar in an unreal context.  😉

Note that i said "when playing" 

as for the rest: in game and out of game personalities can be different, that's cool. Some(myself included) don't have the ability to be more then one person: Cosplay is hard. that don't mean its still not valid. 

as long as you are 'you' in game, you have connected: doesn't matter if its a created persona just for RPG sake.

Edited by Tomatoes
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomatoes said:

Got a question? Ask away. 

whats the purpose of this thread

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I do not have enough alcohol in my system to take any of this thread seriously

none.. how much are we supposed to drink to imagine we're 1 with the 1 character after pressing V twice than?

How does that work?

Tell us .. how do you connect with your pixie self, why is that important to spread to others?

What survival.. you fence a spot, deed it or not.. and you're safe to live off the fruits of your labor(warning:involves farming)

To help engange with my account, when farming in particular, I put on a farmers garb and talk with a strange Yorkshire accent. I also have this song on loop.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Madnath said:

To help engange with my account, when farming in particular, I put on a farmers garb and talk with a strange Yorkshire accent. I also have this song on loop.

More power to you. you are who you are, cant say any different. ❤️

I give verbal affirmations to my main at least once a week, that way he doesn't grow up hating me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnston3 said:

I give verbal affirmations to my main at least once a week, that way he doesn't grow up hating me.

Once a week? And only verbal? And this is your main???

• Like 1

I feel like I just opened a mail that tries to both sell me male potency pills and a video link to a motivational speech about self-actualization. I am confused 🥴

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aeris said:

I feel like I just opened a mail that tries to both sell me male potency pills and a video link to a motivational speech about self-actualization. I am confused 🥴

I know it sounds like its a motivational speech. and in a way you could call it that: however its actually true: using your emotions with your imagination and with your ability to reason and logic(no matter how great or small that may be) gives you a self-identity. 

the question most of you ask is 'Why should I?' The reason is really simple, DAMN ITS FUN!!!!

Just now, Tomatoes said:

(no matter how great or small that may be)

Hahaha I feel so dragged

But what if I do not know how to emote? What if it is too hard? Tell me, what do I do?

everyone has emotions, to some degree or another. you just have to find them yourself and practice with them. its the only way to be able to use them when you want, rather then them using you.

I am going to practice using my emotions on you, thank you for involuntarily volunteering for this!

Here we go:

🤩😴🥰😫🙄😃

• Like 1

I have to admit, while imping metal items, I usually do have Forged in Fire on the TV.  😛

• Like 2

nice thing is it don't hurt me here, so have fun :P

• Like 1

Wife makes fun of me for sitting in the chair naked… she doesn’t under stand run speeds are increased this way. :(

• Like 2

IRL, it turns out that the quality of the pickaxe makes no difference at all in the results of butchering a chicken.

24 minutes ago, Beastwolf said:

i have many questions

Ask away: If I don't have the answer someone will :P