Sign in to follow this  
ThatYoungLad

Marble/slate bricks

We pay more for a rare/supreme/whatever tool, because rarity is valuable due to efectiveness. Logic.

Marble and slate veins are also rare, actually its an adventure to find and while slate has no real use, marble is needed for baking stones and mortars and pestles. Anyway, they are very appreciated for their colours, but are as valuable as stone bricks which are as common as the leg of a table.

My question is: why? why is rarity added to price, but marble and slate stuff are an exception? (i know you can put yourself your own price, Im talking in general terms, what the average player does).

Supply and demand. Slate/Marble Bricks have been selling for 4-5s/1k on NFI whereas regular Stone Bricks are still just 1s/1k

Prices on NFI have been in the 4-5s/1k range for marble, slate and pottery now for over 8 months. I see people seeking to buy them all the time.

I think Kellen is a little low on his price for reg  stone bricks, those still seem to be going for 2s/1k and are advertised alot as well. 

Mortar has settled into the 4s/1k price and has been steady at this price for over 8 months as well.

hasnt marble/slate bricks been like 2.5/3s on SFI aswell?

They're normally still the 2s per 1k mark, due to the supply outweighing the demand for half a decade on SFI. 

Still seem a bit overpriced, I never found that marble or slate were that difficult to locate. Usually a quick question in gchat / kingdom chat yields a few locations and there's always prospecting to be done. 

If anything the only things that should be overpriced would be tin / zinc / copper veins to make high ql alloys for imping.  

Wait, can you prospect for Slate/Marble? o.O

Wiki just says ores and salt

Yeah, you can prospect for them and still plenty of everything around--even on Indy.