Sign in to follow this  
Braggi

Better content

How about when a deed fails due to poor maintenance, a Small deed (under 750 square tiles area STA) would spawn 33% Rats or 34-66% Spiders/65-100% Both. While the spawners are active the Spiders  would accelerate decay of walls and the Rats would accelerate decay of contents.  On a medium deed 750 to 1250 STA, would Spawn 50% Goblins, 45-75 Goblins with wolves / 76-90% Trolls with Bears / 91-100 Champion troll and Champion Bear with Goblins and Wolves.   While the spawners are active the wolves  would accelerate decay of walls and the Goblins would accelerate decay of contents. Add an independent 5% chance for a champion Goblin to rule them.  For deeds over 1250 STA, Make it Trolls 50% and Trolls with Bears 30% and add Ogre with Hell Horses 20%.

Might also consider a random Ghost ship that must be approached by another ship and grappled and drug to shore and have a diseased rat infestation. Maybe uncommonly skeletons or rarely a Vampire with rats. 

Lord... I could do this all day. Tell me what you think. 

Just to clarify some points raised. 

This is about a deed disbanding due to upkeep

Small deed = Total deed tiles under 750

Medium deed = 751 - 1250 tiles

Large deed = 1251+

I would not like to see this around FTP buildings or on recently disbanded deeds with buildings still standing.  I know it makes *logical* sense to have infestations then, but I believe it does not make good social or business sense, because it would be difficult for the player to deed or re-deed their plot until all mobs are killed.  I'm also in favour of the current slow decay system which encourages returning players who have been away due to ill health (or whatever reason) to claim their buildings back and re-deed - which is what we all want, right? :) 

It would, however be really good fun to have multiple sites of rat infestation away from recently active deeds and buildings though, I really like that part of your idea. +1.  It would be a community event in which even new players can participate.  Thanks for posting the idea.

Edited by Muse
added FTP buildings as well as returning players, to keep deeding as simple as possible
  • Like 2