Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

RoS on Xanadu "ninja'd"

Tonight, the RoS cast by Skar at 6.51 pm GMT came as a - for priests waiting for global spell participation, fairly unpleasant .-- surprise. Last RoS on Xanadu was nearly 100 days ago by Jpopuza, that one has been announced in advance in Freedom and GL, not sure about the forums. Maybe the caster and his or her companions were not aware of that good and fair practice, I won't accuse for evil intent. Somewhat overly self centered and inconsiderate was it anyway.

I just always check Niarja regularly. No one sent me a letter nor do I expect notice. It's players playing Wurm. Be happy there's an RoS. You can also track mission progress if it's that important for you to know in advance, instead of getting upset that others don't tell you ahead.

I just learned of it from your post, so thanks, and thanks to whoever Skar is for the 5hrs sb :)

Edited by MordosKull

When one does not understand global spell mechanics it is better not to post. Yes, I also check Niarja regularly for RoS or other global spells my priests may need. And I profit of course from the RoS as any other follower.

For priests needing the spell for benediction the situation is different. They may be waiting for the chance to participate for months. When a small band of priests steals the efforts of months of filling the pool it is bad for them. Thing is nobody gains anything by grabbing the spell without noticing possible participants. And a note, be it in the forums, in Freedom or GL does not cost much.

I was not harmed, my priests all have the goal for Benediction, grace to considerate and generous fellow players, but newer Vynora priests were. They have to wait for more months and hope the next priest or group of priests is more decent.

• Like 2