Sign in to follow this  
Archaed

Switch gaming

Been struggling with justifying my portable animal crossing  console lately, and would love to find some new games to jump into but so much of the shop looks a little lacklustre. 

So I've decided to make this post and reach out to fellow switch players, with the most important question of 2019:

What games are you all playing? 

27 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Been struggling with justifying my portable animal crossing  console lately, and would love to find some new games to jump into but so much of the shop looks a little lacklustre. 

So I've decided to make this post and reach out to fellow switch players, with the most important question of 2019:

What games are you all playing? 

No More Heroes 1 & 2

Splatoon 2 is also a really fun multiplayer game, has a nice singleplayer experience too and a good expansion

Edited by Madnath

• Pinball FX3: Base is free, I've bought a few other tables when they went on sale, great pass time if you want to try and set new high scores and complete challenges.
  • Raiden V: Director's Cut: If you like SHMUPS (bullethell sidescrolling shooters)
  • Two Point Hospital: Plays very good on the switch, has the expansions (not the latest ones tho). Basic hospital sim game.
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy: Just bought this one out of nostalgia mostly, because I played the first spyro the dragon game when it first came out like crazy. This remaster is actually very good.
  • Mariokart Deluxe 8: Fun driving against friends online, never gets old

Anyways, I advise to put the games you are interested in on your wishlist, and check it out every now and then to see if something is on sale.

You can save some serious amount of cash, if you arent in a hurry to buy a game.

AC:NH, Diablo 3 with my troll (Some of the features make it even easier than playing on PC, auto targeting for one). Terraria.

Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are easy recommendations for anyone really, if you haven't played them yet somehow.

Can second No More Heroes, as well as Spyro Trilogy if you want some nostalgia. No Straight Roads was decent, but being part rhythm game you'll want earbuds in to play on the go. Mario Tennis Aces and Mario Golf Super Rush are easy to kill 10 minutes with. 

Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles are great too

No more heroes sounds interesting! I picked up merchant of the skies too and I'm having fun with that! 

I liked the graphics in octopath traveller but the storyline felt a little lacking, does it get better? 

I quite enjoyed Rune Factory 4. It's quite an interesting take on the harvest moon formula, all the farming stuff is in there, interesting villagers/npcs to interact with and also an interesting story with dungeons to explore. If you like games like stardew valley or harvest moon then you'll likely like this one too.

1 hour ago, Ecrir said:

I quite enjoyed Rune Factory 4. It's quite an interesting take on the harvest moon formula, all the farming stuff is in there, interesting villagers/npcs to interact with and also an interesting story with dungeons to explore. If you like games like stardew valley or harvest moon then you'll likely like this one too.

I loved Rune Factory, already played it to death haha. I do prefer stardew valley over rune factory, but it's still a lot of fun

• Like 1

Advance wars 1+2 is comming back to the switch console in december 2021, orginaly  it was released for the GBA, already pre-ordered mine.