Sign in to follow this  
RainRain

A year in review.

Recommended Posts

omg how many of this discuissions do we need?

 

1. Wurm will never attract alot of new players

 - Becouse its to grindy and not mutch content after that

2. old game mechanic(yes ppl expectations has reachedf the sky, which i understand)

3. world feels deed from the beginning(how many new players havent i met the last year that is a 1 time logger?`well so many that i am supreise every time any1 stay for more then 1 day)

  - we all knew where this was heading when they decide to release even more servers with steam(good for the devs to grab some extra cash(bad from a player view) but i havent seen any of them reinvested in the game.

4. No communication from the devs

 - Can we have a roadmap or atleast some indication on what plans you guys have? Or what you working on?

 

Recommend everyone to just copy their post, make it easier to respond on the next topic regarding this thats comming soon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I forgot crez uses a wide variety of his alts to hide just how much he talks

Edited by Archaed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Archaed said:

I forgot crez uses a wide variety of his alts to hide just how much he talks

Only two of his alts are in the top 50, don't give him that much credit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Blazecraze said:

 

 

To some players, for sure. Its just insane how often we are missed when we aren't on, or how people make comments at how lonely the game is without us in GL ;) 
I'd support the removing of GL entirely too, if it meant IRC became populated again ❤️ 

 

 

I had no clue blaze still plays or chats in gl, that top spammer rank is fake

--edit

nvm I have it ignored

Edited by Finnn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stinboi said:

omg how many of this discuissions do we need?

 

1. Wurm will never attract alot of new players

 - Becouse its to grindy and not mutch content after that

2. old game mechanic(yes ppl expectations has reachedf the sky, which i understand)

3. world feels deed from the beginning(how many new players havent i met the last year that is a 1 time logger?`well so many that i am supreise every time any1 stay for more then 1 day)

  - we all knew where this was heading when they decide to release even more servers with steam(good for the devs to grab some extra cash(bad from a player view) but i havent seen any of them reinvested in the game.

4. No communication from the devs

 - Can we have a roadmap or atleast some indication on what plans you guys have? Or what you working on?

 

Recommend everyone to just copy their post, make it easier to respond on the next topic regarding this thats comming soon.

 

 

exploration update...

or w/e it was called in the map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I had no clue blaze still plays or chats in gl, that top spammer rank is fake

--edit

nvm I have it ignored

This time around its mainly conversation...you don't actually notice it, but you reply to people talking to me so often that leaves them quite confused lol

You also didn't kiss or tickle me back at the Impalong..so rude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Finnn said:

exploration update...

or w/e it was called in the map

 

so this is from the map posted a year ago or has there been any update from devs?

alot can change in a year so as long its been radio silence since then, i dont trust it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Archaed said:

That's because those five players make GL chat a dumpster fire to avoid 🤷

 

Then I guess deliverance must also be a dumpster fire since anyone hardly talks there in the kingdom chat. I guess trade chat must also be a dumpster fire since hardly 20 people post offers a day now. MR chat in epic must also be a dumpster fire since no one outside of alliance writes anything there... 

 

Need I go on? Statistical data from etherdrifter, common sense observations from dozens of players, really how much data do we need again?  

 

Or are we in that denial zone and we'll stay there?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Madnath said:

 

He did it, he did it again!

He did the "reeee vets!" again!

Lol- Amusingly, he called me, barely rid of the noob eggshells, "a vet": 😎

 

Compliment or insult?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blazecraze said:

 

 

To some players, for sure. Its just insane how often we are missed when we aren't on, or how people make comments at how lonely the game is without us in GL ;) 
I'd support the removing of GL entirely too, if it meant IRC became populated again ❤️ 

 

 

come join irc then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Lol- Amusingly, he called me, barely rid of the noob eggshells, "a vet": 😎

 

Compliment or insult?

It's an attempt to divert having to give actual logical reasoning or argument by presenting a boogeyman him and some others hate.

it's silly. take it as a compliment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Madnath said:

 

#005     858    3.24238531%    <Pandylynn>
#004    1064    4.02086010%    <Dumbo>
#003    1809    6.83621797%    <Grifo>
#002    2116    7.99637216%    <Madnath>
#001    2223    8.40072557%    <Blazecraze>

 

I understand and fully empathise

 

For madnath, global chat IS the game.  I preferred to get my drama second-hand from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

7 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Lol- Amusingly, he called me, barely rid of the noob eggshells, "a vet": 😎

 

Compliment or insult?

 

Could be taken both ways but right now its a loathsome insult for sure on my part and will continue as our population marches downward, anyone who wants things to revert or stay the same as it now is, to me is a pearl clutching vet regardless. I could be a vet via my multiple accounts over the years but I also don't champion horrible ideas on the daily that are anti new players just to keep my status quo for some weird misguided reason of wanting miles of empty space around me.

Edited by Jeston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Madnath said:

It's an attempt to divert having to give actual logical reasoning

Telling me I have no logical reasoning when I gave literally paragraphs on the last page to why you're wrong is just sad.

Edited by Jeston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2021 at 5:47 PM, elentari said:

Tbh if the money from the steam release wasn't enough to hire new full time devs, then yeah, wurm really has no future. It will survive, with around 100-200 die hard players, spaced across 15 servers. Wurm will survive, but it will not ever grow to a more "lively population".  



Yeah, this is where I'm at. I don't really have a direct grasp on the raw numbers, but even just assuming those 6k accounts had to pay 5$/mo for their monthlies (and that was all we had as far as population for the past year, and it all ended after that year- which it should be ending around black friday as someone else pointed out), we're still talking about something like 15k$/month for 12 months- which i'm pretty sure is less than half the actual amount of cash raked in.

Where did any of that go at all? I genuinely feel like this game is just clawing out what funds can possibly be taken (i remember something about the parent company having been paying off a 2 million $ loan for the past year or so- maybe that?) and not at all trying to stick around for the long term. Which kind of sucks, given how unique this game was and how wonderfully it could have grown over its duration. In fact, that promise of what could have been with Wurm is the only thing that kept me coming back to it so many times over the years.

Oh well. About time to give up on that hope entirely, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jeston said:

Telling me I have no logical reasoning when I gave literally paragraphs on the last page to why you're wrong is just sad.

None of your replys were to me and your posts don't even say much other than "thing thing bad" and then you went "ree" about old accounts

living in your head rent free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2021 at 3:24 AM, Madnath said:

None of your replys were to me and your posts don't even say much other than "thing thing bad" and then you went "ree" about old accounts

living in your head rent free

Dismissal of what I wrote and the very fact you suggest Wurms amount of land is healthy really shows there is a fundamental issue with vets that cannot be fixed. The developers are scared of pissing off vets and don't dare burn their last bridge with the big hogs who pay for multiple alts and extra deeds on each server. People who pay for one account and one deed (like myself) are fully moot and ignored opinion wise. Don't worry I am sure the North and South servers will be connected within a year of this exact post and you will no doubt love it. Just cause this stuff lives rent free in my head doesn't mean its not true or valid.

Edited by Jeston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont think madnath thinks wurm is healthy at all nor has he said that much, he's just jabbing at the "xd vets fuel the game's downfall" mindset (which i lowkey agree but only parts of the veteran community)

way bigger problems than just the vet community though, i think you're overstating their value.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RainRain said:

dont think madnath thinks wurm is healthy at all nor has he said that much, he's just jabbing at the "xd vets fuel the game's downfall" mindset (which i lowkey agree but only parts of the veteran community)

way bigger problems than just the vet community though, i think you're overstating their value.

 He doesn't understand anything outside of one of the most toxic mindsets the game can experience. The issue never lies with devs, the gamplay or its features, or how anything is managed. It's the vet players.

But yeah, he's trying to tell me my opinion for me, which is funny because he's got it the most backwards he can get. Especially given I've left my piece on server merges publically already. And given a lot of my complaints are the lack of handling of issues the "grinding vets" experience, it's really easy to pick apart what is said and nae nae him into the sun like I did when he tried to imply we're all "poop sockin min max" whatevers. A statement so silly, it's still said in GL for a cheap laugh.

Lets also ignore I'm a single deed player, and haven't ever founded a deed myself...

 

Onto your actual post though, I am curious why you think some vet players are the games downfall, especially only some part/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Madnath said:

 He doesn't understand anything outside of one of the most toxic mindsets the game can experience. The issue never lies with devs, the gamplay or its features, or how anything is managed. It's the vet players.

But yeah, he's trying to tell me my opinion for me, which is funny because he's got it the most backwards he can get. Especially given I've left my piece on server merges publically already. And given a lot of my complaints are the lack of handling of issues the "grinding vets" experience, it's really easy to pick apart what is said and nae nae him into the sun like I did when he tried to imply we're all "poop sockin min max" whatevers. A statement so silly, it's still said in GL for a cheap laugh.

Lets also ignore I'm a single deed player, and haven't ever founded a deed myself...

 

Onto your actual post though, I am curious why you think some vet players are the games downfall, especially only some part/s

 

Going to bring up that old spat about how you wanted fatigue to be removed since you supposedly sit down for 8+ hrs grinding nonstop daily "with perfect actions" and that is just not enough. If that not poop socking I don't know what is.

 

Also its vets and devs both, I attack devs fairly on things and dont rest everything on them.

Edited by Jeston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Madnath said:

 He doesn't understand anything outside of one of the most toxic mindsets the game can experience. The issue never lies with devs, the gamplay or its features, or how anything is managed. It's the vet players.

But yeah, he's trying to tell me my opinion for me, which is funny because he's got it the most backwards he can get. Especially given I've left my piece on server merges publically already. And given a lot of my complaints are the lack of handling of issues the "grinding vets" experience, it's really easy to pick apart what is said and nae nae him into the sun like I did when he tried to imply we're all "poop sockin min max" whatevers. A statement so silly, it's still said in GL for a cheap laugh.

Lets also ignore I'm a single deed player, and haven't ever founded a deed myself...

0xEszNm.png

 

1 hour ago, Jeston said:

Going to bring up that old spat about how you wanted fatigue to be removed since you supposedly sit down for 8+ hrs grinding nonstop daily "with perfect actions" and that is just not enough. If that not poop socking I don't know what is.

Also its vets and devs both, I attack devs fairly on things and dont rest everything on them.

 

Xl23xLA.jpeg

I enjoy your lack of knowledge for when discourse starts on things.

 

About your claim: that's not correct, repair actions are going to take 8 minutes plus once you account for my mind logic. It's incredibly, INCREDIBLY easy to think "hmmm yes I should check how far along I am" and requeue. It's also incredibly easy to have a PC on if you're working from home. It's honestly disgusting to attempt to enforce a horrible mindset you have on anyone who can manage to do things in a game pretty much built around timers. There's nothing "perfect" about it and the thread mentioned easy things to do that will easily nuke your fatigue if you don't know about it.

 

And as for that other comment, and other comments made.

When you try and force a poorly backed up argument about how some evil players are doing evil and not backing it up with anything significant, you are painting that target on yourself. You turned yourself into a lolcow by making a poor comment with no idea on how things actually worked. And it's very, very easy to work with.

Because you lack the ability to actually back up your claims of the bad things done, it doesn't look like you're making a point. What you do, and what you've continued to do, is just spout hate and slander against a group of players you've decided you don't like because they don't play your way, or following your mindset. The reality is, you're no more or no less ignored than anyone else in these threads. What I'm saying isn't even just random things I'm plucking from the air, someone who knew you has literally said that you used to be chilled out but are now going against other players.

Stop victimising yourself. Stop throwing random hatred towards groups of players. Stop enforcing that toxicity in posts where it's not relevent, needed or deserved. I did the same thing, I was in the same position, and the only thing that got that really out of me was a break.

 

tl;dr touch grass

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2021 at 9:33 AM, Archaed said:

I forgot crez uses a wide variety of his alts to hide just how much he talks

 

Bruh, ...

 

$ ./21stats.sh ''|grep -i "Crezena\|Jennasoi\|Nsaspybot\|Talia\|Crazygnome\|angryhermit\|gau\|jaghag\|archaed\|retrograde"
#1962   4       0.00123338%     <Crazygnome>
#1927   4       0.00123338%     <Jeanbaptistedegaulle>
#1013   17      0.00524187%     <Gau>
#908    21      0.00647525%     <Crezena>
#638    37      0.0114088%      <Talia>
#623    39      0.0120255%      <Jennasoi>
#296    125     0.0385431%      <Jaghag>
#215    210     0.0647525%      <Retrograde>
#46     1221    0.376489%       <Archaed>
#9      4883    1.50565%        <Nsaspybot>

$ ./20stats.sh ''|grep -i "Crezena\|Jennasoi\|Nsaspybot\|Talia\|Crazygnome\|angryhermit\|gau\|jaghag\|archaed\|retrograde"bbb
#5485   2       0.000282877%    <Crazygnome>
#3086   7       0.000990068%    <Talia>
#1095   46      0.00650616%     <Angryhermit>
#978    55      0.00777911%     <Jaghag>
#578    119     0.0168312%      <Nsaspybot>
#321    276     0.039037%       <Gau>
#107    877     0.124041%       <Archaed>
#72     1392    0.196882%       <Retrograde>
#4      25492   3.60555%        <Crezena>
#2      33311   4.71145%        <Jennasoi>

 

 

But while I'm here allow me to contribute data science to the data science discussion.... (or at least data, you can draw your own conclusions)

 

Month of 01
#1      5603    9.44061%        <Blazecraze>
Month:  01      Total messages logged: 59350    Total players seen: 1017
#1      4901    7.78542%        <Shydow>
Month:  01      Total messages logged: 62951    Total players seen: 1753
#1      6340    12.446% <Crezena>
Month:  01      Total messages logged: 50940    Total players seen: 717
*******

Month of 02
#1      11229   15.6816%        <Blazecraze>
Month:  02      Total messages logged: 71606    Total players seen: 856
#1      3196    6.81435%        <Shydow>
Month:  02      Total messages logged: 46901    Total players seen: 1447
#1      6045    10.0794%        <Crezena>
Month:  02      Total messages logged: 59974    Total players seen: 847
*******

Month of 03
#1      5975    9.83636%        <Blazecraze>
Month:  03      Total messages logged: 60744    Total players seen: 926
#1      3911    7.00871%        <Shydow>
Month:  03      Total messages logged: 55802    Total players seen: 1426
#1      4493    10.4764%        <Crezena>
Month:  03      Total messages logged: 42887    Total players seen: 750
*******

Month of 04
#1      5590    13.307% <Blazecraze>
Month:  04      Total messages logged: 42008    Total players seen: 903
#1      2182    5.02997%        <Shydow>
Month:  04      Total messages logged: 43380    Total players seen: 1351
#1      4619    13.1263%        <Darwin>
Month:  04      Total messages logged: 35189    Total players seen: 802
*******

Month of 05
#1      1401    4.64107%        <Grifo>
Month:  05      Total messages logged: 30187    Total players seen: 865
#1      3572    7.50846%        <Fiveeight>
Month:  05      Total messages logged: 47573    Total players seen: 1414
#1      3945    9.79516%        <Darwin>
Month:  05      Total messages logged: 40275    Total players seen: 714
*******

Month of 06
#1      2239    7.97876%        <Madnath>
Month:  06      Total messages logged: 28062    Total players seen: 780
#1      2789    6.03092%        <Dessie>
Month:  06      Total messages logged: 46245    Total players seen: 1316
#1      2844    7.58198%        <Crezena>
Month:  06      Total messages logged: 37510    Total players seen: 661
*******

Month of 07
#1      3078    9.51321%        <Blazecraze>
Month:  07      Total messages logged: 32355    Total players seen: 744
#1      1902    6.36717%        <Cowglue>
Month:  07      Total messages logged: 29872    Total players seen: 1149
#1      4526    5.73863%        <Jennasoi>
Month:  07      Total messages logged: 78869    Total players seen: 2108
*******

Month of 08
Month:  08      Total messages logged:  Total players seen: 0
Month:  08      Total messages logged:  Total players seen: 0
#1      6642    7.7237% <Eyerobot>
Month:  08      Total messages logged: 85995    Total players seen: 2203
*******

Month of 09
Month:  09      Total messages logged:  Total players seen: 0
Month:  09      Total messages logged:  Total players seen: 0
#1      5813    7.09915%        <Jennasoi>
Month:  09      Total messages logged: 81883    Total players seen: 1540
*******

Month of 10
Month:  10      Total messages logged:  Total players seen: 0
Month:  10      Total messages logged:  Total players seen: 0
#1      6262    9.68885%        <Jennasoi>
Month:  10      Total messages logged: 64631    Total players seen: 1185
*******

Month of 11
Month:  11      Total messages logged:  Total players seen: 0
Month:  11      Total messages logged:  Total players seen: 0
#1      5931    8.20854%        <Jennasoi>
Month:  11      Total messages logged: 72254    Total players seen: 1008
*******

Month of 12
Month:  12      Total messages logged:  Total players seen: 0
Month:  12      Total messages logged:  Total players seen: 0
#1      4456    7.87071%        <Jennasoi>
Month:  12      Total messages logged: 56615    Total players seen: 1006

Thats  GL in 2021, CA in 2021, and GL in 2020 shown for each month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez, Blaze talks too much.

  • Cat 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Madnath said:

 He doesn't understand anything outside of one of the most toxic mindsets the game can experience. The issue never lies with devs, the gamplay or its features, or how anything is managed. It's the vet players.

But yeah, he's trying to tell me my opinion for me, which is funny because he's got it the most backwards he can get. Especially given I've left my piece on server merges publically already. And given a lot of my complaints are the lack of handling of issues the "grinding vets" experience, it's really easy to pick apart what is said and nae nae him into the sun like I did when he tried to imply we're all "poop sockin min max" whatevers. A statement so silly, it's still said in GL for a cheap laugh.

Lets also ignore I'm a single deed player, and haven't ever founded a deed myself...

 

Onto your actual post though, I am curious why you think some vet players are the games downfall, especially only some part/s


i'd be better able to speak about it in dm's because i don't want to point anyone out, but there's a certain subgroup of people in this game who are prominent players who A. are actively against changes being made that greatly impact the game and B. believe their opinions are superior than others due to their long term experience with the game

yes, there are boomer players who will feed the game like whales and will be satisfied with anything, and while those players are issues they are hardly the singular cause (they're just the last thing that needs to go before this game dies, since it seems wurm will sooner peter out than it will improve). but i think the more egregious side of the vet community are those who not only think massive change is bad, but who actively think the current state of mechanics are the best state of mechanics and only want minor tweaks, who bastion long-standing bugs as being mechanics. nothing screams this harder than people who think abusing the combat swing timer by rapidly leaving/entering combat should be seen as a skillful feature of the combat system that should stay, rather than an unfortunate side effect of a bad system

another problem is because these vets are the only people who stick around on the long term, the devs are only going to really receive their input- instead of input from people that matter (people who quit the game, newbies, etc). these people aren't interested in the growth of the game, they're interested in keeping it mostly as-is while modifying it in minor ways to suit what they perceive as fun (or more commonly, what they find advantageous). the best time to take in input is when the masses are here and able to respond, and unfortunately staff sat around twiddling thumbs instead of enacting real change, so i fear there won't be another chance for that for a while.

 

17 hours ago, Jeston said:

 

Going to bring up that old spat about how you wanted fatigue to be removed since you supposedly sit down for 8+ hrs grinding nonstop daily "with perfect actions" and that is just not enough. If that not poop socking I don't know what is.

 

Also its vets and devs both, I attack devs fairly on things and dont rest everything on them.


fatigue is a bad subsystem that exists for no real reason; they even disabled it for the start of the steam server launch because they knew people would be hitting it constantly, and then silently re-enabled it after a bad interaction with the vynora spell was found instead of fixing the spell. also the fatigue action system and how it calcuates how much time to eat is a buggy mess, particularly notable when grinding mining or other long actions.

Edited by RainRain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, RainRain said:

yes, there are boomer players who will feed the game like whales and will be satisfied with anything, and while those players are issues they are hardly the singular cause (they're just the last thing that needs to go before this game dies, since it seems wurm will sooner peter out than it will improve). but i think the more egregious side of the vet community are those who not only think massive change is bad, but who actively think the current state of mechanics are the best state of mechanics and only want minor tweaks, who bastion long-standing bugs as being mechanics. nothing screams this harder than people who think abusing the combat swing timer by rapidly leaving/entering combat should be seen as a skillful feature of the combat system that should stay, rather than an unfortunate side effect of a bad system

 

I can understand why you'd see this as an issue and would agree absolutely.

 

54 minutes ago, RainRain said:

another problem is because these vets are the only people who stick around on the long term, the devs are only going to really receive their input- instead of input from people that matter (people who quit the game, newbies, etc). these people aren't interested in the growth of the game, they're interested in keeping it mostly as-is while modifying it in minor ways to suit what they perceive as fun (or more commonly, what they find advantageous). the best time to take in input is when the masses are here and able to respond, and unfortunately staff sat around twiddling thumbs instead of enacting real change, so i fear there won't be another chance for that for a while.

 

I semi understand but I don't feel this is an issue that should be pinned onto "vets" alone or very heavily given the nature of it. Taking feedback from people who quit or left, and working with that, is something that is on the staff. (Just to clarify, I know you're not pinning this soley on vets there, but it's just how I feel)

Edited by Madnath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this