Sign in to follow this  
RainRain

A year in review.

4 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I can understand why you'd see this as an issue and would agree absolutely.

I semi understand but I don't feel this is an issue that should be pinned onto "vets" alone or very heavily given the nature of it. Taking feedback from people who quit or left, and working with that, is something that is on the staff. (Just to clarify, I know you're not pinning this soley on vets there, but it's just how I feel)

Yeah absolutely, i'm more just saying it is a problem, not that its their fault ofc (although some people definitely do think their opinions are better because they've been around longer than new players)

In short: We must not listen to those playing the game, but to those who left or else do not play. Certainly a successful advice.

1 hour ago, RainRain said:

Yeah absolutely, i'm more just saying it is a problem, not that its their fault ofc (although some people definitely do think their opinions are better because they've been around longer than new players)

One of the main reasons is because sadly, a lot of new players AND veterans either don't understand the fundamental limits of a game, and end up suggesting changes that are literally impossible, or haven't been around long enough to know that the changes they suggest/want to see, have been implemented before and reverted and they've failed to produce the desired outcome.

Players suggest gameplay features that just don't work with Wurms current systems. 
Players suggest drastic changes to core features of the game, which would require re-working and rebalancing the entire game.

They suggest new content that would either completely invalidate old, current content, or require features to be reworked extensively that the game just can't afford.

We have a lot of veteran players stuck in their ways, but more than that, we have an educated veteran playerbase that DO know better because these 'new' suggestions and ideas are obvious concepts that have tried and failed previously, and upon attempting to educate the newer masses, receive the generic 'you're stuck in your ways' or 'you don't want change' response.

Wurms a very hard game to work with, its on an old system, its limitations are greater than its possibilities, and its balancing skilling, pve features and pvp features together on a fine balance. Vets want to see positive change, they do..but the positive change suggested on these forums just aren't it, fam. They just aren't possible or have been tried and failed. Both veterans and new players need to understand this. 

Also Wurm staff is made of volunteers and is going to forever be stuck in a pit of mud until they can properly hire impartial, paid staff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RainRain said:

yes, there are boomer players who will feed the game like whales and will be satisfied with anything, and while those players are issues they are hardly the singular cause (they're just the last thing that needs to go before this game dies, since it seems wurm will sooner peter out than it will improve).

You lost ALL credibility when you resorted to this line.

• Cat 1

removed

Edited by Ekcin

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

In short: We must not listen to those playing the game, but to those who left or else do not play. Certainly a successful advice.

Unironically true and I agree with you, I do talk to many who have quit wurm daily and have relayed their concern to the pearl clutchers here but it falls on deaf ears as you know.

Edited by Jeston

3 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Certainly many. You and who else?

Me