Sign in to follow this  
Kiama

Chat Duplication on non-login servers in cluster

Players on my non-login servers see doubles of global messages sent from their server. It happens with no mods installed on any server. I can't rule out the mod loader being the cause because I am not going to mess with uninstalling that on the servers with how long it took to get the cluster setup working.

I believe I have come across this issue playing on WO. I have no idea how to go about resolving it since as I say it happens with no mods installed.

Any ideas?

Edited by Kiama

Was able to find this on steam wurm unlimited forums, but unfortunately no solution listed:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/4/451851477867647434/

This might be relevant however:

• Non-login servers do not need to handle WcKingdomChat messages. In the current implementation, discord messages sent to the in-game chat are duplicated per server the app is running on. You can comment out the else and "wc.sendToLoginServer();" in the code, forcing the login server to handle and distribute all Discord chatter, as it should be.

•  It goes on every server and will not duplicate. The mod no longer has anything to do with something being a login server or not. When a player sends a message, the server that the player is on processes the message through the DiscordRelay that's on that current server to send the message to Discord. If a message is sent from Discord, each server individually processes it and adds a message to their own GL-Freedom channel directly instead of "broadcasting" the message as a global message. This prevents duplication of the messages entirely. If the login server is offline, and a message is sent on another server, it will still relay to Discord if the mod is installed on that other server. Equally, any server running the DiscordRelay mod will have any messages from Discord processed to their GL-Freedom channel.

Unfortunately most of this is over my head but maybe you can tell whether it is relevant 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Unfortunately most of this is over my head but maybe you can tell whether it is relevant 

I did see this but I am sure it isn't the same issue since we get the duplication regardless of having mods installed. It can't be anything to do with the discord relay. The issue seems to be a vanilla one where clients on non-login servers are hearing messages both from the login server and their own non-login server and not registering that they are the same, or something. In any case, our discord relay is working perfectly as far as i can tell - and the fact that the discord relay mod doesn't pick up the duplicates makes me think it is a client problem rather than a server problem.

It is annoying and to be honest when I am not on Stormfall I will probably tend to use discord to chat instead of in-game global until we figure this out.

Update: Today we added a server to the cluster, which is on a separate machine. It doesn't have chat duplication. The non-login servers on the same machine as the login server still have chat duplication. So it seems to be related to having servers on the same machine as the login server.

I can remember seeing something like that. It had nothing to do with having servers on the same machine it was just a configuration error. Cannot remember which one though