Sign in to follow this  
Egard

Raid Windows - Chaos

2 hours ago, Miket said:

Panda running on alts 24/7 but can't defend deeds. -1

Oh and this ^^

On one side its a attempt to try and focus pvp around certain time windows where there are more people around but in the other it would make it impossible for some people to raid deeds at all
Say we take 3 time zones

utc+2(rome)
utc -4(new york)
utc+12(auckland)

say your enemy sets their window for 8am utc+2 that means its 2am for new york or 6pm for auckland

now say the raid window is 6 hours so by the time it finishes
utc+2 2pm
utc-4 8am
utc+12 midnight

your enemy is europe based its their morning(sure not the best time for their raid window but just an example) now you in new york and other east coast timezones of usa leading into central will either have to stay up way late on a workday or have a busy evening meanwhile those in say eastern australia or nz or korea/japan and so on will start around dinner time going into the evening
now wurms population in those last few countries isnt enough to form their own kingdom so they would be stuck playing with mostly usa based kingdoms due to "hey i get of work at 5 im home at 6 oh look usa its 10-11 west coast time" so most of their interactions are with usa peeps until way later on

now id say go for it add raid windows watch how the different kingdoms that are also divided currently by timezones end up setting windows in favor of them and against the enemy to the point where no one will care to do it at all

any pvp in any game makes a group that is setup all in a similar time zone have to struggle being attacked by those in others and frankly raid windows never worked well in other games and it obviously didnt here either

i for one would say go for it add it watch how pvp will die out even more right when its finally coming back and you are getting annoyed at the fact that "oh they hit us when we where asleep" well ya thats their play time because they are so far ahead of you timezone wise that raid window you want? will be setup to be during your sleeping time as well so good luck on that ❤️

now again if it gets added i myself being from new zealand would be either at work or asleep depending on usa/europe based raid windows or only seeing the end or start of one and thus never being able to pvp with anyone if i choose to do so again
this was 1 of the reasons why i never saw much pvp during wu unless i stayed up till 8am because "we cant go out and pvp with so few numbers" or "the enemy has too many players we have to wait till the europe crew come online"

thats a thing even now and its why sure i see myself part of a kingdom on chaos but im not there i just play on a toon there because my usual playtime(if we account for work) is the time where europe is asleep or at work and usa is either going to sleep or relaxing for the evening and doesnt want to go out to do anything now imagine raid windows set in those times where either of those want to do something and otherwise they are never around/grinding skills then to me chaos would be just another freedom server

long wall of text short +1 add it watch chaos become a pve server for players who dont play in the enemy kingdom's preferred time zone and everyone quit chaos again

-1 to the way it's implemented on defiance, it definitely doesn't promote pvp..

The only way I could see this work is to make it high risk - high reward, as in.. you can either keep raids as is (I would love to see a disband on 5 consecutive drains), or you can opt in for raid window but you get a one drain for full coffers drain and deed disband.. 

• Like 3

the sandbox giveth, the sandbox taketh. 

Panda/TC offline raiding - thats how the game is supposed to be played, boasting about offline drains and digging down empty deeds

Panda getting offline raided - game bad plz change

• Like 4

Honestly i can see both sides....There are some people(myself included) who are very attached to things in this game, and RL is a thing as well. On the other side are those who are here for the experence. they think the game is fine the way it is. 

Personally i think those who are here for the experence are missing out on the best part by not attempting to engage with their toon.

+1

Edited by Tomatoes

Replace the stupid warbonus buff with warbonus being the strength of your raid window if you have 30 war bonus you get a 6 hour raid window. If you have 0 war bonus then you can be raided whenever. That way it requires work and you have to decide if it's worth doing on a dumb wardeed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, user said:

Replace the stupid warbonus buff with warbonus being the strength of your raid window if you have 30 war bonus you get a 6 hour raid window. If you have 0 war bonus then you can be raided whenever. That way it requires work and you have to decide if it's worth doing on a dumb wardeed.

Better yet make it available for ONLY the primary deed of a kingdom. that way all other locations are fair game.

13 hours ago, necroe said:

Not much pvp on chaos either when groups leave because 2-3 people get a kill against the 15 man group. Or just flat out leave because 5 people show up to defend.

honestly when it comes to Toxicity towards PVP and how 6 months ago Chaos was in a space where you just had to turn up to get pvp to what it is now, to what defiance has been for months, i can't agree with Necroe more. 

Not just this comment but the others made, like the soul and point of pvp for VD seems to be to want to "run" people off the server which clearly they aren't going to do, because Malice is still standing and you're against a community of players who I believe are now fighting for more than just a kingdom, but fighting for the life of Chaos itself, because under VD rule there is no future for chaos, but insteadt toxic game play. 

I'm personally against Raid windows, wurm should be a sandbox pvp where you can turn up with 1-2 people away from peak hours to hit a bigger group where maybe at that time they can Just Match you, but at the same time with people as toxic as what multiple servers are now facing/have faced I understand that people don't want to destroy the sandbox but want at least protection from this toxic "turn up at 3 am to run if possibility of pvp will occur" brain damage. Like look at the post asking to remove Far Walkers and 3 boats running because the possibility of pvp which they clearly don't want might happen.

Leaves me no choice but to +1, even though I hate raid windows and the pro's and cons could be spoken about, it's all about protection from Toxic group that doesn't plan to fight but wants to cause the damage.

I still remember the days when VD converted Panda and TC stood there and Carried on raiding/fighting/getting kills. 
I remember when KJ turned up to Panda deed Road-House and carried on fighting/we had a fight outside the deed. 

Can't even be shocked that players who want a schuelded raid to actually have chance to engage at PvP instead of waking up at 3 am just to see 3 boats run are asking for this.

If you wanted pvp you'd +1 this thread. If you want pvp but don't want the raid windows, you'd stop avoiding the direct confrotation of a peak time raid.

+1

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Egard said:

The raid windows are focused on giving players control over when people can attack so defending it is not a 24 hour job and people are not trying to find off hours to attack with no defenders.

I saw one MMO that implemented such an idea, it was the only MMO where players actually had major battles. All other ideas that force defenders to play 24/7 died out over time.

Edited by Darnok
  • Like 1

dunno how raids work in chaos and if people ever raid when theres active defenders, but the raid system on defiance is not what "killed" it nor even a large contributing factor (the lack of updates, shitty combat system and bad faith system are)

seems to me that most people doing these raids don't really like raiding when the bulk of defenders are on (which is understandable, mind you) or when there's an active defensive force at all, and will raid preferably when a village is dead/dying or when offpeak hours are around- as has been seen by a majority of defiance raids

raiding, both on the offensive and defensive parts, doesn't seem to be in an amazing spot right now at all- and if the two choices are "raid windows exist so people can only raid when defenders can defend" or "raid windows dont exist and many villages get stomped out because nobody is online to defend them"- it seems to me that the former is the overall better choice

raid windows seem like a better alternative to open ended raiding, even if they arent an amazing solution either. realistically the best solution is to do something overall about the game's raiding system being trash and the  heavy advantage of defenders, but haha imagine ever getting good updates

Part of what makes Choas awesome is what is unexpected and the apprehension that goes along with that.

keep it as is.

16 hours ago, Drayka said:

-1 If you want to play with raid-windows, play on Defiance. We could do with the population boost of experienced and dedicated players to entertain those who are too OP for the rest of us to catch up with and retain on our own server.

I stand by my -1 vote. If you want to play with raid windows - which are already in game - make them work on Defiance, where they are implemented already.

Otherwise suggest some NEW mechanic for Chaos, instead of saying 'It would be better to do things like Defiance' whilst not playing Defiance.

Chaos is not Defiance. We are not able to move items/mobs off-server or onto-server. Therefore all production facilities and stores must be held here, and THOSE get raid window protection.

Just post a notice on your deed boundary

No attacking between the hours of __ and __

The idea that people will only attack you when it's convenient for you seems kind of silly. Anyway, since raid windows are already in place, on Defiance, then either go there and enjoy them, or work out why more people aren't enjoying them and address the issues.

Edited by Sheffie

7 hours ago, user said:

+50

Okay, this is not a deliberate troll post, and I don't play on Chaos or know how things work there. -1 to this, taken-as-read, and not posting this as a separate suggestion.

This is a weird idea to hopefully get people to start thinking outside the box of what has been done before, for commenters to come-up-with-something-better-than-this.

How about if Spirit Templars/Shadows were changed to represent 1/5th (assuming you can only hire 5 on Chaos) of the total citizenry's FS and Stats as a Defence Pool.

As players log in, Spirits log out.

So when everyone is logged out in a village, a full guard of Spirits have the same fighting strength as the entire village, concentrated into 5 avatars.

When every citizen is logged in at a village, there are no Spirits, even if you have hired 5 of them.

If a citizen has LEFT the server, by Epic Portal or by boat, their skills and stats are not counted in the Spirit Defence Pool.

If a citizen has not logged in on the server for X amount of time, their skills and stats will no longer be counted towards the Spirit Defence Pool.

Obviously, total skills and stats in the pool would not be the same as the sum of the skills, so for example:

• 5 players, all at 30FS, with 5 Spirits hired, WOULD result in 5 Spirits of 30FS, when they are all logged out. And if only 3 players were online, 2x 30FS Spirits would also be online.
  • 1 player with 50FS, with 5 Spirits hired, would NOT result in 5 Spirits of 10FS, but in 5 Spirits with 1/5th of the skillgain curve to 50FS
  • 10 players with 10FS, with 5 Spirits hired, would NOT result in 5 Spirits of 20FS, but in 5 Spirits with 1/5th of the skillgain curve to reach 10FS 10x
  • 1 player with 80FS and 1 player with 20FS would NOT result in 5 Spirits of 20FS, but in 5 Spirits with 1/5 of the skillgain curve to reach 80FSx1 + 20FSx1
  • 10 players with 80FS, with 5 Spirits hired ≠ 5x 160FS Spirits, but 5x Spirits with 1/5th of skillgain to reach 80FS 10x

Therefore, clearly, no deed can ever have more than 5x Spirits which themselves can never be more than near 100FS, (or near 100 in all stats) no matter how many high level citizens are part of the deed, with everyone is logged off. (There's definitely a point of diminishing returns, as Spirits are not at all complicated in their threat response.)

This would also mean that having lots of 1FS alts in addition to high-level players, would not tank the Defence Pool - having a low-FS sermon group logged in with no fighters online, would still allow 4x Spirits (80% of total citizen fight skill) to be available to defend them.

Maybe Alliance Spirits could even be coded in, in some form. Perhaps a small cavalry of ghost-riders (no more than 5x with the entire Alliance logged off) that could chase as far as tower influence extends, and must respawn at the nearest Allied deed when killed. They only react when attacked, or when an alarm is raised on an Allied deed, and they have to travel from wherever they have wandered to, to react to a threat.

Okay, over to you to play spot-the-exploits, if they exist. :)

On 7/25/2021 at 10:17 AM, user said:

+ 10000000

This.