Sign in to follow this  
Synjor

NFI Map Dumps When

So ya did nothing for the 1 year anniversary of the steam cluster

Could we at least get the map dumps now?

• Like 2

whoa now, your asking too much effort of them synjor

• Like 1

"Asking too much",  that must be sarcasm, right?

They already have the code to make the maps and just have to run it. It takes minuets or less for the code to do it's thing (based on the map dump code in Wu and I'm confident it's the same here). I suspect they could make the maps and put them up on a torrent in less then 15 minuets. I say a torrent because then they don't have to pay for bandwidth host them for download.

3 hours ago, Ogare said:

"Asking too much",  that must be sarcasm, right?

They already have the code to make the maps and just have to run it. It takes minuets or less for the code to do it's thing (based on the map dump code in Wu and I'm confident it's the same here). I suspect they could make the maps and put them up on a torrent in less then 15 minuets. I say a torrent because then they don't have to pay for bandwidth host them for download.

I'm confused, you can't work out if the above post is sarcasm, now I can't work out if your post is sarcasm. 

Part of the releasing a map dump process is reviewing it to see if any of the displays show any in-game terraformer's intent of displaying any 'rude' text or symbols as well.  That takes time, so it's not simply the time required for the digital dump of the data.

20 hours ago, Tristanc said:

Part of the releasing a map dump process is reviewing it to see if any of the displays show any in-game terraformer's intent of displaying any 'rude' text or symbols as well.  That takes time, so it's not simply the time required for the digital dump of the data.

like that guy who had a QR code on Xanadu map and it linked to a html page that said "pee pee" I was pretty shook after seeing it and had to take a break to recover

Edited by Jeston

2 minutes ago, Jeston said:

like that guy who had a QR code on Xanadu map and it linked to a html page that said "pee pee" I was pretty shook after seeing it and had to take a break to recover

Your obvious sarcasm aside, there has been the occasional thing removed. 

All in all, none of this is about the capability of doing so, SFI map dumps are there, this is a question relating to them not being released yet as an intentional decision

23 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Your obvious sarcasm aside, there has been the occasional thing removed. 

All in all, none of this is about the capability of doing so, SFI map dumps are there, this is a question relating to them not being released yet as an intentional decision

No that actually was a thing, I scanned it with my phone on the community map

edit here it be the old text-

nR0UnrG.png

seems he changed the text on it though now in current dump

Edited by Jeston

On 7/25/2021 at 5:35 PM, Tristanc said:

random people draw ....... on the map with tiles?

they certainly beg for attention..