Sign in to follow this  
validate

today is the steam 1 yr anniversay? anything happening sales? events? server connection north to south? or na we got our money from steam

41 minutes ago, Madnath said:

But the fact something like this was slipped over really speaks volumes about how things are going. Something that was celebrated as a massive success a year ago, is now not even on the mind of anyone. This shouldn't have been a thing that only you should have remembered. The staff list is varied, on multiple levels. The fact that seemingly nobody piped up with "hey, we launched on here on X date, maybe something should happen?" is a very big let down.

Where is the passion?

couldn't have said it better myself

Am i the only one who doesnt see the big deal? Im about as disheartened as the next player about the state of things but it didnt cross my mind that there should be some big deal made of a sole year anniversary. Part of me expects that should there have been some celebration the posts would be instead joking about what exactly there is to celebrate on the dead servers. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Am i the only one who doesnt see the big deal? Im about as disheartened as the next player about the state of things but it didnt cross my mind that there should be some big deal made of a sole year anniversary. Part of me expects that should there have been some celebration the posts would be instead joking about what exactly there is to celebrate on the dead servers. 

Its about just mentioning it, I didn't need any celebration but simple acknowledgement would suffice. Maybe info about major updates in the distance as well with said post.

• Like 2

It's now also been 15 years since wurm went gold, 6/6/2006

• Like 2

So many missed chances to interact with the community. To show appreciation to the paying customers. 

Nothing had to be given away or designed or done outside of the team saying a simple Happy Anniversary.

Not even a post.

This would have been a great Valrei International...just a simple something. At this point the all around silence speaks more to a paying customer base then anything they could ever say at this point. The lack of interest, lack of passion, lack of concern that appears to be from all members of the team is sad. If they show no appreciation for the community, why should anyone else care, why should anyone continue to pay and give their hard earned cash to a company that treats their customer base this way.....I guess as it is said, a fool and his money is soon parted.

• Like 3

I guess I'd just much rather them fix some things than say "hey it's been a year wow!" actions speak far far louder than words imo, I'd probably likely be angry if they did say something while still ignoring more pressing issues.

Edited by SmeJack

40 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

ignoring more pressing issues

dont worry you are probably going to get that

Edited by Jeston

It could have been an opportunity to entice lost players back, with a discount on Premium or in game rewards etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SmeJack said:

I guess I'd just much rather them fix some things than say "hey it's been a year wow!" actions speak far far louder than words imo, I'd probably likely be angry if they did say something while still ignoring more pressing issues.

I don't think people want some major celebration that'd rip away dev time, just something small to say "hey this is an important day, lets run an event and maybe do some giveaways"

We had it last month for the 15th anniversary, even if it was just IRC quiz...

That was the turn of the wurm calander a little more exciting than one year

8 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Same here, though at the same time I do understand where people are coming from. Just look at 2020 for example, we had a couple of events that year, sometimes combined with skill gain bonus weekends, etc. That pretty much started with Covid, then another was run in combination with the Steam launch and if I remember correctly there was one around black friday as well? Then we enter 2021 and there's been exactly nothing events wise, even though there were plenty of opportunities, for example:

• Year 1100 in game
  • 15 year anniversary since Wurm went Gold (6/6/2006)
  • 1 year anniversary since the Steam launch

In September we're also coming up on the 10 year anniversaries for Exodus and Deliverance. But I'm sure they'll also let that opportunity pass without doing anything. Yet all of these things could have been used to bring the community together, perhaps draw some old players back into the game, etc. From a community management standpoint these are all missed opportunities and meanwhile the game is bleeding players. Not helping...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madnath said:

We had it last month for the 15th anniversary, even if it was just IRC quiz...

wow.  Looks like they really care.

1 hour ago, Ryaanna said:

wow.  Looks like they really care.

IRC in 2021?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Annivesaries from a PR / marketing / financial perspective are a great way to engage with the customer base. You can give out loyalty cards (or items), set up limited time offers for prem or silvers, engage with the community to increase the games visibility or encourage people to reprem and check out the new thingies on display etc. 

It's not a big deal in itself that it wasn't done but it was a huge lost opportunity from a business perspective. If you want to run a decent smart business you need to take into account such small factors since these small things can make or break a small company or give the push necessary to expand. 

Also, I agree with you that fixes are in dire need, especially after the AH update which is still in a broken state a month after it was released. 

P.S.  Is wurm IRC still a thing? I haven't heard of any players still using that for the past 5 years lol. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 2

Hello everyone,      I am a rather newer player of the game and can tell you from my view point I didnt even know the game existed till I was doing a search for something different to play on Steam and happened upon it. The game drew me in with the survival/world building play style and the way it is a non-instant gratification game. So in the aspect of the game the newer and usually younger gamers will not be attracted to the game and if so only to test it out and then vanish. I have to be honest that the main reason no new players to the game is the lack of PR and Advertising, which in this day and age has a huge free market out there with all the social media platforms available to advertise on.

Personally I am enjoying the game and I could not even imagine say 2k players on one server all with large sized deeds....what a cluster that would be and would more than likely end up driving me away from the game since I enjoy the solitude of many things and being able to get resources, animals( if I want them) and not have to hope that these things are left and not already gone.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Loneshade said:

Hello everyone,      I am a rather newer player of the game and can tell you from my view point I didnt even know the game existed till I was doing a search for something different to play on Steam and happened upon it. The game drew me in with the survival/world building play style and the way it is a non-instant gratification game. So in the aspect of the game the newer and usually younger gamers will not be attracted to the game and if so only to test it out and then vanish. I have to be honest that the main reason no new players to the game is the lack of PR and Advertising, which in this day and age has a huge free market out there with all the social media platforms available to advertise on.

Personally I am enjoying the game and I could not even imagine say 2k players on one server all with large sized deeds....what a cluster that would be and would more than likely end up driving me away from the game since I enjoy the solitude of many things and being able to get resources, animals( if I want them) and not have to hope that these things are left and not already gone.

Welcome to Wurm, I'm glad you have found your own place to fit in! I do agree with you 100% that if social media was used more that I think the game could grow...or at least retain some players. A dead or inactive social media means a dead or inactive game/community to many people. I know lots of people who won't try a game if the socials are not some what active, there are so many other games to play that it is easy to just skip over a game if they notice that there is not much going on at all. Its not rocket science, its just basic business...use the resources that you have to promote your product.....the Wurm team seems to be lacking in this regard.

Happy Wurming! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sklo:D said:

IRC in 2021?

It was sarcasm. Why it can't be on discord?

5 hours ago, Ecrir said:

Yet all of these things could have been used to bring the community together

I came back and re premed not because of anything staff did, but because Virus' Impalong started.

I wanted to do the imping and get my crap imped and fight in the arena and play the events and fish slapping and all that.

How is it that players can and have been organizing these things for years, out of their own pockets, and yet the wurm staff can't get a clue?

• Like 2

Grats on the one year anniversary of the Steam launch. I drank a 6 pack of beer to celebrate the event.

That said, what stats I'd be interested in, during this year of no RMT, is how many people have been caught and punished for RMT. Were there actually zero people caught? Did every single person obey the RMT ban? IMHO, It would be a public service for staff here to inform the playerbase, who (if any) was caught doing RMT, so the playerbase can adjust their purchase habits accordingly.  Thx.

3 hours ago, Gumbo said:

Grats on the one year anniversary of the Steam launch. I drank a 6 pack of beer to celebrate the event.

That said, what stats I'd be interested in, during this year of no RMT, is how many people have been caught and punished for RMT. Were there actually zero people caught? Did every single person obey the RMT ban? IMHO, It would be a public service for staff here to inform the playerbase, who (if any) was caught doing RMT, so the playerbase can adjust their purchase habits accordingly.  Thx.

I'm confused, why would it be a public service to list who was banned for RMT? 

Purchase habits are from the store only

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

Well, there is no harm in it is there?  It won't negatively impact the player base; just because you don't want to know (will others knowing really impact you?) doesn't mean others shouldn't.

Perma-bans are usually announced after all!

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

Purchase habits are from the store only

Players purchase merchandise in-game with silvers. If the seller was/is breaking the RMT rule, the players should have a right to know that, so they can decide for themselves if they wish to continue to purchase in-game goods from someone who reportedly broke the RMT rule. 

To add to this, having an "RMT violators" page, may just put the fear of being caught into many peoples minds. As has been said many times, "Your reputation is yours to protect".  So with that said, there is no reason for staff here to "protect' the reputation of those who have been caught violating the RMT rule.

9 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Well, there is no harm in it is there?  It won't negatively impact the player base; just because you don't want to know (will others knowing really impact you?) doesn't mean others shouldn't.

Perma-bans are usually announced after all!

No they aren't. 

Toxic player and high profile bans are announced to avoid rumourmongering going on about it. 

Any of these bans should be the same as macro bans, straight to the bin. 

Just now, Gumbo said:

Players purchase merchandise in-game with silvers. If the seller was/is breaking the RMT rule, the players should have a right to know that, so they can decide for themselves if they wish to continue to purchase in-game goods from someone who reportedly broke the RMT rule. 

To add to this, having an "RMT violators" page, may just put the fear of being caught into many peoples minds. As has been said many times, "Your reputation is yours to protect".  So with that said, there is no reason for staff here to "protect' the reputation of those who have been caught violating the RMT rule.

If you break it you're banned, it's not a timeout

2 minutes ago, Archaed said:

If you break it you're banned, it's not a timeout

But those who broke the RMT rule and got banned (for life?) on one acct., can still come back and play on another acct. , correct?