Sign in to follow this  
validate

today is the steam 1 yr anniversay? anything happening sales? events? server connection north to south? or na we got our money from steam

we will be launching Wurm Online on Steam on July 24th, 2020!

today is the steam 1 yr anniversay? anything happening sales? events? server connection north to south?  or na we got our money from steam.

would be nice if we connected at least. or hey store sale like black friday .  something .....

anyone else agree  or disagree. ?

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

9 minutes ago, validate said:

today is the steam 1 yr anniversay? anything happening sales? events? server connection north to south?  or na we got our money from steam.

would be nice if we connected at least. or hey store sale like black friday .  something .....

Something would be fun/cool.

6 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

western freedom isles on the epic games store

Delete this

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, validate said:

No surprise. No events. Nothing to celebrate.

Not even post on forum

51 minutes ago, validate said:

anything happening sales? events? server connection north to south?

wrong game

• Like 1

It is a shame no acknowledgement of this huge date. Indicative and sucks. More and more, I get the feeling I've had when playing other games that the developers are just about to abandon. Between the lack of responsiveness to major game problems, to fewer updates, and now, this profoundly ignored important date. Not a good feeling as a player, devs.

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 6

parent company is just milking and maintaining the game as cheaply as they can to fund their next failed gambling venture

never getting another dollar out of me lol

• Like 1

It's possible to further the game without puting lots of money into it. We have seen some really cool content for free from WU modders.  I think the big issue is developers who don't seem to care what the majority of paying customers want.

announce a sale. get some current players spend money for prem time and silvers. bring a few players back maybe .  gain extra income to the company 

announce server crossings from north to south. may bring players who miss the game but dont want to start over, a chance to come back and move to new lands with their main character and supplies . again gain extra income for the company

add events all week.  extra rift things, uniques other fun things. that bring current players and past players back. and I don't know maybe advertise it. and bring in new players......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, validate said:

add events all week.  extra rift things, uniques other fun things. that bring current players and past players back. and I don't know maybe advertise it. and bring in new players......

they were spoonfed the idea of holding a celebration event for ingame year 1100 and still missed it

demona went out of her way to hold a trivia contest herself which was nice, but it's clear those in charge have no interest or ability to reinvest and develop this game further.

10 minutes ago, validate said:

announce a sale. get some current players spend money for prem time and silvers. bring a few players back maybe .  gain extra income to the company 

announce server crossings from north to south. may bring players who miss the game but dont want to start over, a chance to come back and move to new lands with their main character and supplies . again gain extra income for the company

Definitely huge opportunities lost today

4 hours ago, validate said:

The player base is being milked. Change my mind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

western freedom isles on the epic games store

and eastern cluster next year on GoG?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MordosKull said:

announce server crossings from north to south

They're not going be connected for a couple of years more, this has been clearly communicated before.

58 minutes ago, CistaCista said:

They're not going be connected for a couple of years more, this has been clearly communicated before.

"A couple of years" was not what was communicated. In short, it was an undefined amount of time for fair establishment of NFI, if a connection ever were to take  place. The point of this whole thread, though, is the lack of fanfare around the notable anniversary and what players think about it.

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 1

Sorry guys, that's on me :( I didn't even think about the anniversary being an event and didn't even remember when they launched the new servers and launcher. I thought it was later in the year. That's me and my scatterbrain though, I'm bad at holidays and birthdays IRL too, lol!  Lemme see if I can get something going!

• Like 10
  • Cat 1

11 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Sorry guys, that's on me :( I didn't even think about the anniversary being an event and didn't even remember when they launched the new servers and launcher. I thought it was later in the year. That's me and my scatterbrain though, I'm bad at holidays and birthdays IRL too, lol!  Lemme see if I can get something going!

we can't blame you , we know you do what you can for us.  you also are not the only one who works for the game. at least i hope not LOL.  my guess is they are all on summer break and forgot too.  

• Like 1

Please don't take this as a personal target Demona, because it isn't that.

But the fact something like this was slipped over really speaks volumes about how things are going. Something that was celebrated as a massive success a year ago, is now not even on the mind of anyone. This shouldn't have been a thing that only you should have remembered. The staff list is varied, on multiple levels. The fact that seemingly nobody piped up with "hey, we launched on here on X date, maybe something should happen?" is a very big let down.

Where is the passion?

• Like 9

On 7/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, Ogare said:

Perhaps the powers that be don't want to remind the players of this:   https://steamcharts.com/app/1179680

It demonstrates how much trash these steamcharts are. "178 24-hour peak,146playing 41 min ago", lol.

Niarja reports 724 peak, 627 at this moment, as to much steam related NFI: 136 on Cadence, 111 on Harmony, 37 on Melody, 34 on Defiance. So only  146 of 318 players on NFI and none of the rest in Steam, or all alts on same accounts? Gimme a break, the "Steamcharts" are scam.

And I do not see that Demona is to blame, rather the management. Demona is under tremendous pressure with all our complaints about the minor and major disasters, and does not get useful information to communicate. It would have been the job of the company, and the head of staff, to observe this date, and prepare according events and celebrations.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

It demonstrates how much trash these steamcharts are. "178 24-hour peak,146playing 41 min ago", lol.

Niarja reports 724 peak, 627 at this moment, as to much steam related NFI: 136 on Cadence, 111 on Harmony, 37 on Melody, 34 on Defiance. So only  146 of 318 players on NFI and none of the rest in Steam, or all alts on same accounts? Gimme a break, the "Steamcharts" are scam.

Steam only tracks steam logins .  very few players use steam to log in.  Niarja is better or even  https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Server_graphs    is the most accurate  per server,  i watched harmony deed counts, go from over 1100  deeds last aug or sept. i forget.  down to 554 now.   makes me sad.