Sign in to follow this  
Roysta

Make Hip Slot more versatile

Hi,

It'd be nice to be able to carry a sword or an axe, besides a quiver, on the hip slot ... maybe even be able to carry a polearm on the back ... ?

Regards,

Roysta

• Like 3

Would be neat cosmetically, though you’d probably want to restrict it a bit to make sure things look good. Could also have a UI button to quick swap weapons. 

and adding simple keybind for swapping weapons rather then equip-unequip all the time.. i see no harm easily swapping 1h+shield to a bow or 2 handler.. Could be a passive weapon slot to equip that gets shown on the hip or back and toggled to active>inactive between those two.

4 hours ago, Skatyna said:

and adding simple keybind for swapping weapons rather then equip-unequip all the time.. i see no harm easily swapping 1h+shield to a bow or 2 handler.. Could be a passive weapon slot to equip that gets shown on the hip or back and toggled to active>inactive between those two.

I have suggested something like this in commenting on a few Suggestions - basically on the body model, two slots for weapons tools to allow switching.

On 7/24/2021 at 2:56 AM, TheTrickster said:

I have suggested something like this in commenting on a few Suggestions - basically on the body model, two slots for weapons tools to allow switching.

i was more about esthetics... but you can add weapons onto a toolbelt slot, right click to equip ... so switching is rather easy as is already...

Quiver + waterskin, possibly a second satchel, measuring jug, pottery flask, smallest version of each weapon, statuette/sacrificial knife, carving/butchering knife. All of these are totally understandably put in the hip slot.

• Like 1

This would also allow for showing off skinned items or tools not currently in the active hand slot, like this months blacksmith hammer skin.

Sheaths.  New item, sheaths.  They make them for swords, axes, hatches, knives, etc.  hip slot item.  Also reduces decay on items shealthed while taking normal smog itself.  Cloth, wool, leather, drake, scale, chain, and plate variants.

your welcome.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Sheaths.  New item, sheaths.  They make them for swords, axes, hatches, knives, etc.  hip slot item.  Also reduces decay on items shealthed while taking normal smog itself.  Cloth, wool, leather, drake, scale, chain, and plate variants.

your welcome.

• Like 1