Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

New Content Announcement - exploration update

Personally the "When" doesn't interest me as much as the "What?"

On 1/12/2022 at 8:00 AM, Karrde said:

+1 for this.

There hasnt really been any information about what the exploration update will bring, still theres no update that ha gotten me more excited.

On 1/12/2022 at 5:00 PM, Karrde said:

Except the "what" remains meaningless if the "when" is never resolved.  🙂.

E.g. 

I am getting a personal servant who will do everything I dislike doing, and pay me for the privilege.

When?

Probably never.

You know what I would really like?  Treasure chests. Not maps with those horrible Wurm directions.  Just chests spawned in areas not travelled for a long time, caves and mines long abandoned, with tools and weapons that have had skins applied to them.  Maybe skins from the monthly release, or the old Jackal skins, but also maybe completely new skins (possible even pre-release of upcoming marks store skins).  Items made of otherwise impossible materials (e.g a hammer made out of gold ore, a marble butchering knife, stuff like that).  This would mean that there would be items that could ONLY be initially acquired by going out and looking for them (and not a tile by tile archeology grind, but actual exploration of the Wurm world).

They wouldn't even have to be chests.  Old barrels and amphorae, cupboards etc.  It would be especially cool if those were skinned to identify them as something special (but then an explorer would probably have a poke around in them even if they were plain vanilla).

<sighs wistfully>

Of course, hanging stuff on walls, or at least display racks, would then become even more important.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

ducks and muskets - fun for the whole family 😃😀

also fun at pvp and target practice.. bonus points for mUving targets...🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

You know what I would really like?  Treasure chests. Not maps with those horrible Wurm directions.  Just chests spawned in areas not travelled for a long time, caves and mines long abandoned, with tools and weapons that have had skins applied to them.  Maybe skins from the monthly release, or the old Jackal skins, but also maybe completely new skins (possible even pre-release of upcoming marks store skins).  Items made of otherwise impossible materials (e.g a hammer made out of gold ore, a marble butchering knife, stuff like that).  This would mean that there would be items that could ONLY be initially acquired by going out and looking for them (and not a tile by tile archeology grind, but actual exploration of the Wurm world).

They wouldn't even have to be chests.  Old barrels and amphorae, cupboards etc.  It would be especially cool if those were skinned to identify them as something special (but then an explorer would probably have a poke around in them even if they were plain vanilla).

<sighs whistfully>

Of course, hanging stuff on walls, or at least display racks, would then become even more important.

make your own suggestion?

could be looking in specific areas of the map(archaeology).. and chances at 0.000whatever.. to find fragment of xxxx item.. upon completion you unlock a new recipe of some new unique item(similar to achievements for tracking completion, rather than collecting actual junkpile of items and trading them, scaling with alts etc), even if it's identical amphora to what you can already make.. idea is to be one of few players able to make that new (skinned) item.. for a while.. and in theory could keep crafters busy looking for such unlocks for months

guess it's something like gathering inspiration for details from the found progression; could even be unlocking the whole item by having 0% initially. and later having higher % chance to create such item.. but we all know how that will go.. people will spam creation with 0 cost to crafting thousands of items.... unless locked to mms.. then still few will do it.. and be epic wasted content effort hooray 

Edited by Finnn

19 hours ago, Finnn said:

make your own suggestion?

could be looking in specific areas of the map(archaeology).. and chances at 0.000whatever.. to find fragment of xxxx item.. upon completion you unlock a new recipe of some new unique item(similar to achievements for tracking completion, rather than collecting actual junkpile of items and trading them, scaling with alts etc), even if it's identical amphora to what you can already make.. idea is to be one of few players able to make that new (skinned) item.. for a while.. and in theory could keep crafters busy looking for such unlocks for months

guess it's something like gathering inspiration for details from the found progression; could even be unlocking the whole item by having 0% initially. and later having higher % chance to create such item.. but we all know how that will go.. people will spam creation with 0 cost to crafting thousands of items.... unless locked to mms.. then still few will do it.. and be epic wasted content effort hooray 

I am just wishing a bit.  I don't know anymore if suggestions are worth making.

I wouldn't see this as gaining the ability to craft merchandise.  I certainly wouldn't want it to be an archeology grind.    But then, I explore because I enjoy the activity and the discovery, and perhaps what you are describing is something to incentivize exploration for those who need to see something more obviously profitable in it.