Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

New Content Announcement - exploration update

3 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

When?

Can we focus on getting the last update working first? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

We don't do that here.

• Like 7
  • Cat 1

5 hours ago, Archaed said:

And where was this mindset for the last few years

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chihuahua said:

You just get donkeys? Dont be greedy.

I don't do AH, and I don't NEED a donkey to ride, so I am waiting on a) exploration enhancement and b) hanging stuff on walls.

• Like 1

careful what you wish for

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update
  • Like 1

Curious, what new gameplay are we expecting from an exploration update?

If it works like the AH update we will get teleported every 15 minutes a random distance into a random direction while the map and our compass get disabled and we have to find our way back. That way it will be ensured we explore enough. As seen in the AH update player really like RNG surprise mechanics.

Edited by Bekador

7 hours ago, CistaCista said:

I have no idea, but really to date exploration (in PvE) has no direct reward or benefit apart from being something the player enjoys doing.  There is a bit of salvage to be had, but again only worth the enjoyment of salvaging and restoring/recycling.

I have hopes for some kind of actual benefit for putting in some miles off the beaten path and having a good poke around.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CistaCista said:

• They could go for something like the treasure chest mod on WU, find old maps giving you direction to a spot where you can dig for a chest. Would need some new items to be found inside them to keep them interesting, or maybe some new runes or new statue fragments?
  • New exploration could finally mean the little goblin and troll camps dev's have spoken about many many years ago (trolls/gobs in said camp have a higher chance of dropping a rare or better recipe, maybe new cooking recipes in the droplist). -> already have the riftcamp mechanic in place so probably not to hard to replace riftmobs with trolls/gobs and the riftstones/trees with troll/gob huts and cooking pots
  • Maybe new specific butchering products for each animal/agro out there? -> this could expand the alchemy skill ALLOT, we already have potions to smear on our stuff from unique hunts, maybe add some new ones to it (already very detailed topics about this in the suggestion forum)
  • Maybe finally add a taxidermy feature, so when we kill unqiue stuff out there while exploring, we can bring it back to stuff it to put on display
  • New (rare) flower types to be found in the wild
  • New foraging and botanizing stuff to be found (maybe resulting in new ingredients and new cooking recipes to be discovered)
  • Could possibly be the time to indroduce a very crude form of cartography?
  • Add visible underwater ruins/coral reefs, where we have to dredge/fish to find new statue fragments, new fish, new materials, etc..
  • Even some simple stuff, adding in more traveling/hunting/etc achievements so we can get some more karma (might need some more uses for karma tho ;))
  • Add a new"exploration journal" with new goals (besides the current journal we have now), that unlocks special rewards every time you finish a chapter in said journal (exploration/hunting related rewards)

Seriously, you can go so far with something like "exploration update", they got an insane amount of money from the steam launch, making this exploration update really big, could be a very solid way to get some steam players who quit, back into the game (lots of new players seem to like sailing/running around the wilderness).

Edited by Lycanthropic
  • Like 5

Funny how we have received 0 word on anything thats been said last october. 

In a weeker form somthing like this? But this would need new code so unlikely.

But I like you list becous it feels like it fit better in Wurm

10 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:
  • They could go for something like the treasure chest mod on WU, find old maps giving you direction to a spot where you can dig for a chest. Would need some new items to be found inside them to keep them interesting, or maybe some new runes or new statue fragments?
  • New exploration could finally mean the little goblin and troll camps dev's have spoken about many many years ago (trolls/gobs in said camp have a higher chance of dropping a rare or better recipe, maybe new cooking recipes in the droplist). -> already have the riftcamp mechanic in place so probably not to hard to replace riftmobs with trolls/gobs and the riftstones/trees with troll/gob huts and cooking pots
  • Maybe new specific butchering products for each animal/agro out there? -> this could expand the alchemy skill ALLOT, we already have potions to smear on our stuff from unique hunts, maybe add some new ones to it (already very detailed topics about this in the suggestion forum)
  • Maybe finally add a taxidermy feature, so when we kill unqiue stuff out there while exploring, we can bring it back to stuff it to put on display
  • New (rare) flower types to be found in the wild
  • New foraging and botanizing stuff to be found (maybe resulting in new ingredients and new cooking recipes to be discovered)
  • Could possibly be the time to indroduce a very crude form of cartography?
  • Add visible underwater ruins/coral reefs, where we have to dredge/fish to find new statue fragments, new fish, new materials, etc..
  • Even some simple stuff, adding in more traveling/hunting/etc achievements so we can get some more karma (might need some more uses for karma tho ;))
  • Add a new"exploration journal" with new goals (besides the current journal we have now), that unlocks special rewards every time you finish a chapter in said journal (exploration/hunting related rewards)

To be honest, I am hoping for something that rewards those who are already exploring for its own sake, and maybe attracts those who are kind of leaning that way, but not something that pulls everyone out onto the byways like some massive Easter egg hunt.

• Like 4

Announcement? Communication? You're expecting too much.

• Like 14
  • Cat 1

On 7/23/2021 at 3:08 AM, TheTrickster said:

I don't do AH, and I don't NEED a donkey to ride, so I am waiting on a) exploration enhancement and b) hanging stuff on walls.

I was joking donkeys are useless and it looks stupid when you see 2-6 donkeys every 5 min riding.

• Like 4

Update:

The exploration update merely involves the changing of the k on the maps to look less like an h.

I'm looking forward to it too! ;) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Muse said:

Update:

The exploration update merely involves the changing of the k on the maps to look less like an h.

I'm looking forward to it too! ;) 

One can dream, but I've relegated it to "will never happen regardless of frequent request"

Exploration of current gameplay in order to find a bug free experience?

Fixed caffeine, breeding, creature cage horse colors, k's and h's on map?