Sign in to follow this  
Ogare

Unfermented moonshine affinity mechanics

I've had people ask how to figure out affinities for beverages and I deiced to post this.

I don't manually figure out affinities. I use a program to run simulations so it can figure them out for me. Below is how the system works.

Python program on pastebin.com >>

Spoiler

Here is a excel spreadsheet showing the result of the simulation for unfermented moonshine. If you want to figure them out then don't look in the spoiler.

Spoiler

You'll need to change the A and B columns for your toon's data. All the ingredients are chopped and then fried or roasted. This extra step increases the complexity.
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AlQlwbwwMPmLgjvmTEYVu_LTIDO3?e=mZkNpj

- Modulo arithmetic -
* https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-science/cryptography/modarithmetic/a/what-is-modular-arithmetic
* There are 138 skills and that is the number we use as divisor in modulo math.
* The skill list starts at 1 yet modulo values will start at 0. we need to add 1 to the final result.
* Modulo has behavior where we can mod the parts and the finished results while still getting an equal value to not modulo on the parts. Modulo on the parts is helpful because the affinity shift will be observed as a the modulo value.

-Character offset-
I figure this out with algebra.
* toon offset: x
* cooker plain oven:  ID 178 or 40 (result of 178 mod 138).
* container pottery bowl:  ID 77
* ingredient raw whole pumpkin:  template  33 + vegetarian 22 + raw-whole 0 + real-template -10
* "[21:09:53] You think the breakfast might give you more of an insight about preaching!"
* 117, "Preaching"

For me this is:  (x + 178 + 77 + 45) / 138 = Q  remainder  116  where 0 <= x <= 137

I'm not sure if this always works:  
178 + 77 + 45  = 300
138 * 2 + 116 = 392
392 - 300 is character offset. And in Ogare's case that is 92.
I chose times two because it fit well with the summed 300 value. For other toons and different recipes it might be a smaller or a larger value. Quotient or Q is irrelevant for affinity math so whether it's a 0, 1, 2, ... it doesn't matter as long as  0 <= x <= 137.

-unfermented moonshine-
This is the best beverage item to make for affinities. If you want other beverage drinks a similar process applies with a different container or cooker.
Ogare's offset 92
oven cooker, 40
cauldron container, 75
water ingredient, 6
sugar ingredient, 47
fried pumpkin, 46

((92+40+75+6+47+46) mod 138) + 1 = 31 or Religion.

[18:08:44] You think the unfermented moonshine might give you more of an insight about religion!

- Cooker-

oven 178, campfire 37, forge 180, still 1178

- Container-

pottery bowl 77, frypan 75, cauldron 75, plate 69

- Ingredients -
All ingredients consist of this:  template + material + state + real-template. Summed values can be modulo by 138 if desired. All the identifier numbers are pulled from WU code, and yes they are correct for WO. Wurm code uses -10 for real template as an equivalent for none. Most ingredients don't have real template. Given the numbers come from WU it would be useful to have a list of all food stuff already extracted from WU code. But I haven't done that and I usually look up what I need. I realize this isn't ideal for others. I've wanted to make that list and have been putting it off.

• Like 3