Sign in to follow this  
Kiama

Stormfall: A New Nomadic Experience

5 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Lowkey, Stormguard Lvl2, White Cloud, 4 X Sleeping Powder.

And to be clear it really is fine if White Cloud wins this month and people just provide alternative suggestions to me.

I will post an alternative suggestion, but will do it in the right month this time!

• Like 1

Onefox, Stormguard Lvl1, White Cloud, 4 X Sleeping Powder.

• Like 1

Grochar, lvl 3 Stormguard, White Cloud,  4x Sleeping Powder

(Can the sleeping powder be delivered to Lujar on Haven?)

I must say I like the idea of the storm being impacted by the number of active players. I would prefer an option with a positive impact when more players are active. I will think of some options and share them here with you.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 11:39 AM, TheTrickster said:

Lowkey, Stormguard Lvl2, White Cloud, 4 X Sleeping Powder.

I would suggest that instead of the stated effects, reduction in Stormguard activity be reflected in reduction in Purchasing Office prices, maybe starting on the multipliers.

In my opinion negative effects penalize those who are in fact active, so while they bear the imposition there is nothing they can do about it.  This still applies to reducing PO pricing, but the POs are not (again, in my opinion) a core element and in any case they need to be rebalanced in some way. 

As to incentivizing active Stormguards, there is a possibility to maybe delay/diminish the storm, say a day for every two active Stormguards over the number from the previous month.  This could translate into extra $ cost to our host, though (I am not sure of that, but it does mean more servers active at the same time).  What about if every x-number of Stormguard votes a treasure is spawned?  Maybe even spawned only on Stormfall.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 5:05 AM, TheTrickster said:

I would suggest that instead of the stated effects, reduction in Stormguard activity be reflected in reduction in Purchasing Office prices, maybe starting on the multipliers.

In my opinion negative effects penalize those who are in fact active, so while they bear the imposition there is nothing they can do about it.  This still applies to reducing PO pricing, but the POs are not (again, in my opinion) a core element and in any case they need to be rebalanced in some way. 

As to incentivizing active Stormguards, there is a possibility to maybe delay/diminish the storm, say a day for every two active Stormguards over the number from the previous month.  This could translate into extra $ cost to our host, though (I am not sure of that, but it does mean more servers active at the same time).  What about if every x-number of Stormguard votes a treasure is spawned?  Maybe even spawned only on Stormfall.

The reason that I suggested deed increase rather than price reduction is that price reduction becomes more work the more offices there are. Changing the price of one office is already 10x the work that is involved in changing deed upkeep cost (for which I can just edit text documents without being in the game); changing the price of many offices (and potentially many more than currently exist) every month would burn me out.

Having the storm island open for longer when there are more Stormguards would be fine with me. There's no difference to me in cost whether the servers are shut down or not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiama said:

The reason that I suggested deed increase rather than price reduction is that price reduction becomes more work the more offices there are. Changing the price of one office is already 10x the work that is involved in changing deed upkeep cost (for which I can just edit text documents without being in the game); changing the price of many offices (and potentially many more than currently exist) every month would burn me out.

Yeah, fair enough.  

• Like 1

What perilous quests would we need to complete in order to have these mods?

And, for those who might like it (I tend to not use them, but I am only 1)...

Stormfall with distant trees rendered

20220107113541_1.jpg?width=1054&height=5

(I finally got a machine I would trust to run it, still a potato, but whereas the other is a spuddy-spud, this one is perhaps a sweet potato  😁)

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 12:30 AM, TheTrickster said:

What perilous quests would we need to complete in order to have these mods?

And, for those who might like it (I tend to not use them, but I am only 1)...

I vote for doing something with the Alchemy mod (I'll think of something). I expect the 3rd person mod is a client mod. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiama said:

I vote for doing something with the Alchemy mod (I'll think of something). I expect the 3rd person mod is a client mod. 

I expect you're correct.  I got a little over-excited finding the other two and didn't really think hard about that 3rd one.

Edited by TheTrickster

On 1/3/2022 at 6:05 AM, TheTrickster said:

As to incentivizing active Stormguards, there is a possibility to maybe delay/diminish the storm, say a day for every two active Stormguards over the number from the previous month.

I like the idea to delay the storm based on extra players. Other options could be:

* extra stormguard level if there are significant more players

* gate to the haven two way for one day

* small rift like event

(I think a delay in the storm the best option)

Regarding the mods:

I think Prina suggested one aswell, but cant remember which one.

Personally i would like those mods that warn regarding inbreeding and tell which tree/bushes are in season.

The quests/ mission to get sorting did sound easy to do. Would it be nice to be a bit more off a challenge so it does become a community effort?

15 hours ago, Kiama said:

I vote for doing something with the Alchemy mod (I'll think of something). I expect the 3rd person mod is a client mod

I agree

5 hours ago, Grochar said:

The quests/ mission to get sorting did sound easy to do. Would it be nice to be a bit more off a challenge so it does become a community effort?

Maybe not quite as easy as they sounded.  Probably a bit easer now, but it took some time building up timber variety before I could make 10 BSBs out of 10 different timbers.  Carting the bulk materials was a bit tricky for characters that had only rowboats and small carts (and I couldn't take the small cart into the Celestial College).

I did think that something that has to be done ON each of the storm islands would be interesting, or something that has to be done in a particular order or even within a particular time frame such that one person really couldn't achieve it alone.

(highly specific alchemy elements of minimum QL).

16 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I did think that something that has to be done ON each of the storm islands would be interesting, or something that has to be done in a particular order or even within a particular time frame such that one person really couldn't achieve it alone

Agree

I apologise for this month's Stormguard choices not interesting people. I hope this makes up for it.

The First Untangling

The First Untangling will begin when seven players have registered for it. To register, post "Tangle me" to this forum and let me know which character you will use. Once 7 are registered, each registered player will be assigned a number from 1 to 7 (not in order of registration).

There are two success conditions for the First Untangling:

1. The 7 players are on at least 4 different servers in the Stormfall cluster, including the Haven.
  2. You can draw imaginary 2D lines from each numbered player to the next (and from 7 back to 1) without overlapping.

Judgement

If you believe that you are all untangled, vote for Judgement by posting "I'm untangled" to the forum. Once 4 players claim they are untangled, I will check and post a map of where all the players are. I recommend staying put for the subsequent day or so, although it makes no difference whether you are on or offline. It is helpful but not necessary to be on the ground rather than a vehicle when you log out.

If it turns out that the players are NOT all untangled, the Untangling fails and votes for further Judgements are ignored for the following 7 days.

When the First Untangling succeeds, the Alchemy Mod will be added to the cluster.

Edited by Kiama
  • Like 2

Tangle me 🙂

Do i need to specify with which character or can i pick one based on what is needed?

Main is on Whitesand

Have an alt on Stormfall

Have an alt on The Haven

Update on January 20:

I choose you: Gragarius!

He is currently om Stormfall, also able to travel other servers if nescessary.

Edited by Grochar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grochar said:

Tangle me 🙂

Do i need to specify with which character or can i pick one based on what is needed?

Main is on Whitesand

Have an alt on Stormfall

Have an alt on The Haven

Uh yeah good point, let me know which character, your choice :)

Edited by Kiama
  • Like 1

Tangle me - Main is on Whitesand, Theia is on SF - whichever one is nto where Grocars character he chooses is on Ill take that one

• Like 2

Tangle me.  Igor will be the character (since part of his role is to go where he is sent).

In it's current form, I am not sure how this can be achieved, because there aren't 4 servers mapped to 2D that will be online concurrently. It would seem to require a player being stranded on a storm server, or mapping The Haven onto the cluster map somehow.  Part of the puzzle, I guess.  Do we know where The Haven would be geographically in relation to the other servers?

Either way, I don't think we will get this done in January, so I am thinking we work out who is in, and start to work out target locations once we have numbers assigned.

Just to make for-sure certain, this is 7 players, not characters, correct?  We can't double up with two already-in-play characters?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Tangle me.  Igor will be the character (since part of his role is to go where he is sent).

In it's current form, I am not sure how this can be achieved, because there aren't 4 servers mapped to 2D that will be online concurrently. It would seem to require a player being stranded on a storm server, or mapping The Haven onto the cluster map somehow.  Part of the puzzle, I guess.  Do we know where The Haven would be geographically in relation to the other servers?

Either way, I don't think we will get this done in January, so I am thinking we work out who is in, and start to work out target locations once we have numbers assigned.

Just to make for-sure certain, this is 7 players, not characters, correct?  We can't double up with two already-in-play characters?

Oh when I came up with the idea, I was thinking of the Haven as to the east of Stormfall (the server). I forgot it is now ambiguous where it is in relation to Stormfall since we use a portal. But treat it like it is to the east.

Yeah it is 7 players.

Edited by Kiama
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2022 at 4:33 AM, Grochar said:

Regarding the mods

Personally i would like those mods that warn regarding inbreeding and tell which tree/bushes are in season.

I would  like these too - the alchemy mod and the armor stand mod sound great too

Also do we even have 7 players that are active, this untangling may not be achievable

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 1