Sign in to follow this  
Kiama

Stormfall: A New Nomadic Experience

The Storm has momentarily subsided. This month, all islands will be open and new players will be given free ql 30 rowboats to begin their journey in Stormfall (ask in discord for the boat).

I'm discontinuing the Stormguard system. This month, anyone who was already a Stormguard can choose any of the rewards including a gold coin as their (for now) last reward.

I actually think the cluster will still work well without the storm but with one-way travel.  It still forces a nomadic approach, but driven by resource need (i.e. like IRL) but doesn't force the pace of it.

Stormguard:  If we had a Stormguard choice as per usual I would be at level 4 this month.  Could I possibly have two more personal merchants?   I am thinking of making a Procurement Office at the Stormfall spawn, for something easy-ish to get but paying low prices - like the "sell" function in WO but without relying on coins in kingdom coffers.  I would then also set up a merchant with some basics - mostly pelts really.

• Like 1

I agree with Lowkey that without the storm the need for resources will require us to travel form server to server. I even think that the one-way travel is required for that. For me it would make making a small deed on Farmarsh also more interesting.

Regarding the Stormguard I was hoping for the gold coin this month. Then I can deed the spawn area to set the permissions for the startertown correctly and continue building the town without the need to start repairing what I have build 😜

• Like 1

It looks to me to be past time to repurpose all these resources. I am sorry to say I am going to stop paying for this cluster. If someone else wants to take over the cluster (or if no one wants to take over the whole thing, any one of the servers, including Mirage Island and the Haven), I am happy to transfer the files to them to do so. If anyone is wondering how much it would cost to try to do this whole setup, it was about £38 a month for all 6 servers. I obviously can't justify that with this level of activity.

• Like 1