Sign in to follow this  
Kiama

Stormfall: A New Nomadic Experience

If we don't reach 7 people this weekend I will force my two brothers to get involved, so that's a Sunday evening midnight deadline if you want to get involved.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kiama said:

If we don't reach 7 people this weekend I will force my two brothers to get involved, so that's a Sunday evening midnight deadline if you want to get involved.

Ah, the "big sister" approach.  😁

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 3

So I think my brothers would essentially be unmoving totems so I have a better idea - I'll just randomly assign a location for two tangled totems. This may go badly but let's have a go...

Rhianna: 2

Lowkey (Igor): 1

Grochar (Gragarius): 4

Onefox: 5

Kiama: 6

Ancient Totem: 7 [Whitesand: 873x.1454y]

Wild Totem: 3 [Stormfall: 292x.928y]

Edited by Kiama
  • Like 1

ahh the totems are on the only 2 islands I have a char on so don't think I'm untangled or can be.

42 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

ahh the totems are on the only 2 islands I have a char on so don't think I'm untangled or can be.

Actually, I was only thinking of your character on WS, but either one is quite achievable.  It's the step from Onefox to Aethara that could be the doozey (it has to go right through Stormfall).  I think it might need Onefox in the SW corner and Kiama as far West and North as she can get without cutting off the Wild Totem/Gragarius link.

Wild Totem is a bit East of the Western border and close to the NS centre-line - in the greenery near the western coast of the spawn landmass (I am guessing somewhere near two tar patches I can see on the map).

Ancient Totem is as far as I can see (in my head) a bit South of Stone of Soulfall across the channel from the wolf den (so a bit south of due east from Whitebay, maybe near the eastern greenery that has been planted).

If Igor goes east of that, and Brianna goes south that, the next link goes to Wild Totem.  Gragarius would be pretty safe near the spawn, but could even go north a bit and or east for an added margin.  Then to Onefox (SE from Gragarius) then WNW to Aethara, NE to Ancient Totem, East to Igor, and Bob's your uncle. 😉

Someone might want to check that graphically, as I am just going by mental eyeball.

Edit:  @Rhianna if you want to use your Stormfall character, then the Celestial College area would be fairly safe.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

SO where does brianna need to go? Have no idea

Do you know where the wolf den is?  The eastern landmass has a little projection pointing west across the mouth of the channel between it and the Whitebay landmass - you should see plenty of wolves on it.  On the Whitebay landmass, not far from the NE corner of it, there is a Stone of Soulfall.  If you draw two lines from that - one going east, and one going south - anywhere in that SE "quadrant" should be safe.  A bit of distance from that spot would help, but try not to go too far east, as the link from you has to go to the western side of Stormfall.

I will move Igor tonight (our time) and leave him in place for as long as needed.  I will take Bob the rowingboat, so you will be able to see roughly where Igor is.  I will put him on the eastern shore of the Whitebay landmass, a little way north of the little humpback bridge. I might try my hand at drawing this but I have woeful graphics skills.  It's why I rely on mental maps etc.

If we can't get this done before the end of the month, the shape will be considerably different.  With Aethara on Stormfall, an anticlockwise circuit would probably be more workable (especially with Redmyst available).

The two fixed (and invisible) totems actual make this quite challenging.  I like it.

Edited by TheTrickster

Im gonna move now and work out where I should be - Ill let you know the coordinates so you can check

tqe43lK.png

Congratulations on being part of the first Untangling! It was super tight between Brianna and Igor.

• Like 3

Ooh nice! Special thanks to TheTrickster for all the calculations and planning!

• Like 1

Thanks for the challenge!  Yeah, Igor was parked only a stone's throw from Brianna. It seemed like an easy way to be sure of the connecting line.  I think he freaked her out a bit.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Thanks for the challenge!  Yeah, Igor was parked only a stone's throw from Brianna. It seemed like an easy way to be sure of the connecting line.  I think he freaked her out a bit.

lol

I have started a whole new chapter, purely related to the Stormfall cluster.  

I will be telling my stories my way from my perspective (and let's face it, you should all know by now that my perspective is a bit... er... different to the norm), but if any of you want to share a campfire tale about life in the Stormfall cluster, feel free.  The yarnier the better.

Or maybe we should start a Stormfall dedicated yarn thread.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I will be telling my stories my way from my perspective

Awesome tale. Very recognisable! 

February: Seasons and Secret Gardens

For this month, I am introducing a game, not exactly a "choice". You can still post your reward choice as normal.

From now on, each of the five islands will have a unique seasonable mod. To change the seasonable mod, you must:

1. Make a garden on any island

2. Keep the garden for longer than anyone else has yet on that island

3. Have that garden be found by someone

To start a garden, find somewhere on any of the five islands that you believe is sufficiently remote and place at least a wooden or stone bench, a trellis, and some flower pots. You may additionally adorn it however you like; try to make it unique. Do not deed the land. Post a photo of your garden to this forum, and try to stage it with as few contextual clues as possible.

If you find someone else's garden, you may post a photo of the garden you found to this forum. Then, if the player whose garden was found has set a record for the longest maintained secret garden (on that server), that player gets to change the seasonable mod of the island that the garden was on. The mod they choose has to be one that isn't currently a seasonable mod on another island. If the mod turns out to be incompatible with the server, they may choose another one.

When someone else finds your garden, you may immediately start a new one and post the photo here. You can only have one garden at once.

Edited by Kiama
  • Like 2

20220202181052_1.jpg?width=1120&height=6

Oh: Also...

Lowkey, Lvl3 Stormguard, 4x sleep powder.  😉

Edit:  I just remembered I left my meditation rug on Whitesand.  Oh, well.  Easy enough to make a replacement.  I reckon I have half a middling chance of getting a love tile sooner or later with all the flower tiles I planted.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2