Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Darnok's creature suggestions

13 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Well, one thing for sure, Wurm could have more variety of monsters.

damn too right.. get rid of anacondas, scorpions and crocks then can add something new instead 

15 hours ago, Darnok said:

Marked by a wolf

For a month, the player can howl like a wolf and other wolves or werewolves within range will respond and he gets better vision at night.

I'm sorry I was reading this over again and this broke me

this utterly broke me

I'm just imagining the devs hiring some random guy from Cameo or something with a £2 mic AWOOO'ing for the sound effect

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Darnok said:

Yes, but 300x300 is large area and I would really like to have that kind of reward and if you are scared don't leave your deed at night 😄

You vastly underestimate how much I dislike certain people.

Jokes aside, this kind of spawn mechanic is a little too haphazard; might make a nice mob for nights when all three moons align though...

• Like 1

how exactly is this fun or engaging, besides forcing you to throw your sht(whole inventory and gear) on ground so you can be a dumb-ass npc that is what player-npc-troll/werewolf, you get to spam local with howls and you drink your blood? 

While being marked, if player drinks werewolf blood during the night, he turns into a werewolf. His equipment and inventory are thrown to the ground. Other players cannot see who he is, they see a mob the same as a werewolf NPC.

what the hell did I even read there

d8p19a4-8b9b6558-6432-4897-95e6-f34272fde990.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzM0ZGQ1Y2Q5LTk1OTEtNDcxZi05YjQ1LWU2NTAxY2ExYWViZlwvZDhwMTlhNC04YjliNjU1OC02NDMyLTQ4OTctOTVlNi1mMzQyNzJmZGU5OTAuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.70Yha-HYc3BFfiGwr9KUKSW3bOVRf4txm--55hY9Sv8

we have wolves, we have worgs.. we're now expanding the pack to get what, more useless fur?

so .. champions aren't tough to kill, but a normal weewoo wolfy will be?

lets see how that works... you might not know about fog-spiders.. but they were intended to be annoying creatures..

- who fights fog spiders? nobody.. if you have better kill in sight.. it's like fighting anaconda.. slow, you might get poison if your setup is not good.. making it good choice to evade to not look for another creature to heal with LT or use farmer's salve to get rid of the fog-spider's poison wounds..

so wee-woofy is what, useless creature that just marks you and forces you to toss your items so you can rearrange your inventory later.. if you find it and somebody else haven't looted it before you?

how many things can not go wrong with a dumb creature mechanic like this, how balanced do you see it to fit around other creatures, does it look 'a bit spiky' in all sorts of odd directions?

4 hours ago, Madnath said:

I'm sorry I was reading this over again and this broke me

this utterly broke me

I'm just imagining the devs hiring some random guy from Cameo or something with a £2 mic AWOOO'ing for the sound effect

I'll do a set of werewolf foley seeds, if someone wants one for a WU mod. 😉

I don't have the fancy software to make it sound truly epic, but passable canine vocalisations aren't hard IRL, and there's a lot of potential emotes to try to cover for a player-character...

10 minutes ago, Gawain said:

-1. This isnt really skyrim. 

Oh, so archers can't target knees, then.

6 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

You vastly underestimate how much I dislike certain people.

Jokes aside, this kind of spawn mechanic is a little too haphazard; might make a nice mob for nights when all three moons align though...

Ok, this just part of idea and it can be removed, while werewolves could be normal mobs, but spawned only during night, if some people thinks they are too strong or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gawain said:

-1. This isnt really skyrim. 

Ok, but maybe? 🙂

1413530-werewolf.jpg

Edited by Darnok

10 hours ago, Skatyna said:

damn too right.. get rid of anacondas, scorpions and crocks then can add something new instead 

I am all for more, especially more stronger mobs, but don't see why removing the above. I like crocs, hate condas (they are good fighters though ;) ) and highly respect scorps for their use to train shield. Would miss them all. Would love if croc hide would turn into crocodile leather 😎

• Like 1

This is needlessly stupid and overcomplicated for no reason. 

51 minutes ago, atazs said:

This is needlessly stupid and overcomplicated for no reason. 

I would say;

It is extremely whimsical, and amusingly complex for reasons that are not immediately apparent. 🙂

• Like 1

Werewolves.

In a world where there are four moons that are always full?

We already have wolves

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Werewolves.

In a world where there are four moons that are always full?

We already have wolves

For each moon there can be a werewolf of a different color (black, brown, silver and gray) 🙂
Combined with the drops that can be used to make armor pieces, this will give you some variety.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:41 AM, Darnok said:

Ok, this just part of idea and it can be removed, while werewolves could be normal mobs, but spawned only during night, if some people thinks they are too strong or something.

8 hours ago, Darnok said:

For each moon there can be a werewolf of a different color (black, brown, silver and gray) 🙂
Combined with the drops that can be used to make armor pieces, this will give you some variety.

Oh I LIKE the idea of different uberwolves for different moons. I'm not sure how it could work, but I DO like the idea of them being associated with different moons.

Also, if having player accounts turn into them is dropped, you can change the name to direwolf or something, and lose the unwanted implications of werewolves. Yellow potions already serve in some capacity to cater to shapeshifting desires. And Fo priests have some mob-themed combat buffs already.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:31 AM, Drayka said:

Oh I LIKE the idea of different uberwolves for different moons. I'm not sure how it could work, but I DO like the idea of them being associated with different moons.

Also, if having player accounts turn into them is dropped, you can change the name to direwolf or something, and lose the unwanted implications of werewolves. Yellow potions already serve in some capacity to cater to shapeshifting desires. And Fo priests have some mob-themed combat buffs already.

I still like the werewolf better, if it was too difficult as a normal NPC it can spawn only when the rift shows up to make things more interesting not only for people who are going in there.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:13 PM, brattygirl said:

Can you please post a picture of multiple players having 100's of animals on their deeds?

Top 1, for now

https://imgur.com/a/vmpCAW3

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

Top 1, for now

https://imgur.com/a/vmpCAW3

sorry, who are you again to judge who pays for a big-er deed and utilizes the creature ratio as intended?

3 minutes ago, Finnn said:

sorry, who are you again to judge who pays for a big-er deed and utilizes the creature ratio as intended?

In fairness, he was asked to supply evidence of his claims, not justify his judgement whilst doing so. A request has been fulfilled within parameters upon request. Kudos for that.

Finns right.

We have the animal ratio there, if someone wants to spend all the hours, silver and time into large scale deeds for animal husbandry, farming, breeding etc - thats how they want to play, and its fine if they are within the ratio.

9 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I am a player who came back to the game after a break of several months and sees that gray wild horses are rarer than colored ones with several trait.

If someone would start game today and would like to have as many animals as this player whose collection I showed, then he would not have a chance to achieve his goal.

I'm not saying that such players do something wrong, because the rules of the game allow it you to have large collection of animals, but in my opinion, these rules should be slightly changed so that the player who starts the game 1 year after start of  map can also achieve same goal, otherwise joining the map, which is only 1 year old no longer makes sense.

I suggest to solve this problem like that... animals that are outside during winter should get sick and die.

Grass should not grow in winter, so if animal eats everything from a given tile, it starts to starve.

In my opinion, these two changes would be enough to improve the game and level the playing field in animal husbandry.

There would still be no limit to the maximum number of animals you can keep, you could even buy 5 of such deeds and have 5x more animals than in the picture, but the game would require you to take care of them a little more actively, so in winter you would have to lock them in stables and feed.

Simple, realistic, rewarding for active players.

So if you take a break from the game for a week, whether its work or personal reasons, you come back and the animals you've spent 3 years breeding to get the names you like, colours, traits etc, the money you've spent on enchanted tiles etc is all gone because the games very short winter has come and gone during your IRL activities? 

Most of these animals can live through winter IRL perfectly fine for decades, not every landscape has grass that dies during winter, and all it would do is trouble players who can't dedicate every day or every week to the game as well as increase to what is already a somewhat non realistic game, instead of adding realism.