Sign in to follow this  
Holar

More skill and stat gain from building walls

I've spent over 3 hours building stone walls using sleep bonus and only gained .04 masonry (sub 80 skill) and next to no body stats. Would be nice to actually be rewarded for building walls instead of just sitting semi idle improving mine doors for skill. 

• Like 2

+1  

Masonry gains from building stone bridges are even worse iirc. You'd think that activity would definitely build up skill.

• Like 2

I found masonry gains when building bridges to be really good. House walls, fair. 

Perhaps the gains aren't very high once your Masonry skill approaches 80, but that's consistent with the idea that such work just isn't very challenging.

sigh. Another complaint about something that benefits PvP.

i wouldnt mind this but its how Wurm works and i doubt it will change.

Best skillgain = doin something useless.

• Like 2

You could always grind it on your local PvP server instead. That way, PvP would get good minedoors at least.

theres a shitload of things you can do for actual skill and stat gains but they just have to be within a reasonable difficulty range below your characteristics/skills

In my opinion the gains are fair...

Got 98 masonry and only grinded SC. The rest came from towers, many bricks, houses and bridges, wich I think they give very good gains.

Also know a bunch of peeps with +90 masonry... Really not a hard skill to raise.

• Like 3

not talking about masonry skill in general, I'm talking about gains while building walls. I can be sweaty like everyone else and sit semi afk in a mine grinding on doors. I'm just specifically speaking about building stone house walls.

Isn't this really getting at 2 features of the skill system 

1. Creation actions give 1/3 of the skill of imping actions per unit time with some exceptions
  2. Skillgain chance is tied directly to success chance, if you success chance is too high you don't get skillgain

Prayer has now been made an exception which is interesting on the 2nd point. Is this what you are after for building or removal of the 1/3 reduction or both?