Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

Action Timer vs. Action Completion

Having played Wurm for quite some time, I still forget and mix up which skills gain based on the length of the action timer and which gain simply based on action completion. I haven't been able to find any conclusive list anywhere that helps with this, so I'm hoping, with other players' help, I can get a pretty good list going here for myself and others' reference. 

For those who don't mind helping out, it'd be awesome if you could list some of those you know here in reply. Thanks in advance for any contributions!

Is there any skill that doesn't either directly use action time or use something as a substituent for it? Cooking for example uses the difficulty of the meal as the action time.

Here are some helpful tips related to this:

* Action times are hard caped at 30 seconds for skill gain purposes.

* 2 of 30 second actions and 6 of 10 second actions are the same skill gain potential on average. The main difference is you need less targets for the 30 second one. But longer timers don't give more skill compared to doing more shorter action where total action time is equal in both cases.

12 minutes ago, Ogare said:

Is there any skill that doesn't either directly use action time or use something as a substituent for it?

IIRC Butchering? Meditating?