Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Darnok's creature suggestions

2 hours ago, Locath said:

I really begin to think you are 100% trolling here.

Numbers don't matter at the slightest and X and 10% were used as examples.

If there is 5 bisons in total on player deeds on a server and they are taken out of the mob count on a server, that makes 5 more slots for non-aggro mobs on that server.

I'll do the math once more:

If it's 10, not 5 bisons on player deeds and they are excluded from the total count it will make 10 (ten) slots for new animals to spawn.

If it's 8749 bisons and horses combined on player deeds and they are not counted against the total mob count, that makes 8749 more slots for new animals to spawn in the wild on the server.

Even then there is no guarantee what type of animal spawns. It could be all hens, whether your suggestion or mine releases the slots for new animals.

First, show me current Cadence stats for horses and bisons: on deeds and branded vs wild.

If the statistic is close to 50% - 50% I will never write any suggestions again, but if it is closer to 5% (wild) - 95% (on deed and branded) you will like every suggestion I have written so far.
Do you agree?

Second

Your idea gives me the opportunity to collect 5,000 animals on a small deed and melt every player's computer that comes close to it or crash server.

Yeah, no. Active breeders would still breed way more to offset the animals that die to punish them for having animals, even further reducing the available mob slots in the wild.

Active players should be rewarded or there will be no active players in Wurm. If you increase the size of the herd before winter, it will die anyway 🙂

Edited by Darnok

11 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

i go out and kill them for weapon skill all the time, maybe you're not looking in the right places.

i've got a fun challenge for you. grind 50 animal husbandry, using only wild animals, on a new account. bonus points if you don't move for 3 seconds each time you embark/disembark to simulate your other suggestion about armor penalizing your horses or w/e it was. you'll learn very quickly why it's a requirement to collect tons of animals on your deed to grind with.

You can use grooming while sitting on your horse.

11 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you posted not 20 minutes ago about balance > p2w and now you're saying p2w is good

That's right, but the mere fact that when you pay more you buy a bigger deed is technically p2w.

In the case of hay for silver, it would be additional upkeep, because of how animal spawn mechanics works.

I rest my case. Might as well be arguing with a bot for all the impact that social cues have. A REAL troll would be paying intense attention to the social information being presented, not trying to make sense of your presented-data and trying to compute the impact of it on his suggestion. It's just a different way of interacting with the world.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

There are 32,095 registered users on the forum, ~8 don't like my suggestions, so my ideas are FANTASTIC quality? 😄

No, roughly 32,000 don't care about them and over your umpteen or so suggestions you have probably less than 10 instances of positive reaction to them. 

I am still waiting for a picture of some of these deeds hoarding 100's of horses..... You post all these claims but then don't post evidence. Yet when someone else makes a claim, you then tell them they need to post evidence. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

I am still waiting for a picture of some of these deeds hoarding 100's of horses..... You post all these claims but then don't post evidence. Yet when someone else makes a claim, you then tell them they need to post evidence. 

vo1f04b.jpeg

I know some deeds that have way more normal horses than this, but it's a long ride to go get a screenshot of them.

14 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

Read carefully everything I wrote, there is a link 😉

13 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

I know some deeds that have way more normal horses than this, but it's a long ride to go get a screenshot of them.

That pic showed 61 horses if I counted correctly.

4 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Read carefully everything I wrote, there is a link 😉

Ok so I found the link. That is just the one deed. Do you have evidence of further deeds? The way you talk about it, it sounds like everyone and their mother had deeds loaded to the rim with horses. I mean maybe it is different on NFI then SFI. 

4 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

Ok so I found the link. That is just the one deed. Do you have evidence of further deeds? The way you talk about it, it sounds like everyone and their mother had deeds loaded to the rim with horses. I mean maybe it is different on NFI then SFI. 

This is the largest I have found for now, but not the only one with 100+.
I just don't see the point showing all the screenshots, if someone is playing on NFI he knows how many of such 100+ can be found in here. Spawn character or two and check it for yourself.

6 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

Moreover, I tried to count the animals in https://imgur.com/a/vmpCAW3  and found less than 75 visible ones. Maybe it sums up to 100 with those not visible, or not. It is in no way proof for "hundreds of creatures" in many deeds.

A max 101 animals deed already costs 15s17c in creation and 3s3c in upkeep. Not everyone wants to spend even more. Cadence has 800 settlements, and 50,000 creatures, 15,000 aggressive (14872 54000 right now to be exact).

Personally, I have 34 creatures atm (including a goblin and a cat, both champs), on a 17x37 on Xanadu. Having watched streams from NFI, I reckon that well 90% if not more of active NFI deeds have similar creature counts. And there are not few inactive ones with no or few creatures.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Moreover, I tried to count the animals in https://imgur.com/a/vmpCAW3  and found less than 75 visible ones. Maybe it sums up to 100 with those not visible, or not. It is in no way proof for "hundreds of creatures" in many deeds.

Only 75? ok 🙃

Now tell me that harsh winter is bad idea.

0vihFRf.png

GC2b140.png

NcSnj7Q.png

PveJeJc.png

30 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

A max 101 animals deed already costs 15s17c in creation and 3s3c in upkeep. Not everyone wants to spend even more. Cadence has 800 settlements, and 50,000 creatures, 15,000 aggressive (14872 54000 right now to be exact).

That means maybe 10 wild horses, 3-4 wild bisons and lots of donkeys, cows and bulls 😄

Edited by Darnok

5 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Now tell me that harsh winter is bad idea

Its a very bad idea.

I think this thread had stated why too many times.

• Like 1

like them all... or 99%, seriously unbalanced tamagocci ideas - high maintenance and time sink... even if you push that nonsense to only f2ps.. you'd see some decline in player base.. push that to customers.. see .. well they'll show a few mimics and gestures as they leave

this is mostly casual game, understand it at last, nobody wants realism or high maintenance, people want more items/mechanics/customizations to express various interests, but they do not want to spend 99% of their free and not so spare free time to maintain pixel world.. and pay for that at that.. it's not unreasonable.. it's stupid to do it; this is not a desktop game you save, the world keeps spinning while you're offline, you demand various bad elements to keep happening all the time for no reason - unreasonable

The first rule of Dunning-Kruger Club is, you do not know you’re in Dunning-Kruger Club. 

The second rule of Dunning-Kruger Club is, you do Not. Know. You’re in Dunning-Kruger Club. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Finnn said:

like them all... or 99%, seriously unbalanced tamagocci ideas - high maintenance and time sink... even if you push that nonsense to only f2ps.. you'd see some decline in player base.. push that to customers.. see .. well they'll show a few mimics and gestures as they leave

After implementing both of my ideas animals training (to get better traits) and harsh winters, players would value quality over quantity.
Even small herds of well trained horses would be enough for most of needs.

19 minutes ago, Finnn said:

this is mostly casual game, understand it at last, nobody wants realism or high maintenance, people want more items/mechanics/customizations to express various interests, but they do not want to spend 99% of their free and not so spare free time to maintain pixel world.. and pay for that at that.. it's not unreasonable.. it's stupid to do it; this is not a desktop game you save, the world keeps spinning while you're offline, you demand various bad elements to keep happening all the time for no reason - unreasonable

Then make your herd smaller. Who forces you to have so many animals that it would be boring for you to deal with them?

10 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Then make your herd smaller. Who forces you to have so many animals that it would be boring for you to deal with them?

Maybe some players enjoy having that many animals. Every player plays wurm for a different reason. What's to say that some of these people don't play to be a shepherd or a breeder to then sell some high tier animals to other players? Who are you to dictate how players play and what they can or can't do? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

Maybe some players enjoy having that many animals. Every player plays wurm for a different reason. What's to say that some of these people don't play to be a shepherd or a breeder to then sell some high tier animals to other players? Who are you to dictate how players play and what they can or can't do? 

You're right and I like the fact that I can be a hunter who rides on one horse and hunts for the mobs that interest me at the moment.
But I would like to have a 100x100 deed with 200 tiles perimeter, can I have it for free and without upkeep? Not?

So who are the people who forbid me to do this and dictate style of play? 😄

To be interesting, a game must offer various possibilities and allow for different styles of play (How many times have I already suggested that different branches should improve their items differently?),

but this does not mean that everything has to be available for free.

You want to own 500 animals, I see no problem and I do not forbid you to do so, but build the appropriate facilities that will allow you to keep them alive in that numbers during winter.

But you want to own 500 animals and having fun hunting same amount of time I am hunting... and that is thing I do not like and I will call it unbalanced!

Edited by Darnok

3 hours ago, Darnok said:

Only 75? ok 🙃

Now tell me that harsh winter is bad idea.

That means maybe 10 wild horses, 3-4 wild bisons and lots of donkeys, cows and bulls 😄

it's not a bad idea

it's awful, terrible and does nothing to fix or improve anything. stop telling this joke of "if we did MY suggestions the game would be better off" because not only is it wrong, your idea isn't even unique to you and it's incredibly disrespectful to people actually working on development of the game, as much as we question their actions

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

You're right and I like the fact that I can be a hunter who rides on one horse and hunts for the mobs that interest me at the moment.
But I would like to have a 100x100 deed with 200 tiles perimeter, can I have it for free and without upkeep? Not?

To be interesting, a game must offer various possibilities and allow for different styles of play (How many times have I already suggested that different branches should improve their items differently?),

You want to own 500 animals, I see no problem and I do not forbid you to do so, but build the appropriate facilities that will allow you to keep them alive in that numbers during winter.

But you want to own 500 animals and having fun hunting same amount of time I am hunting... and that is thing I do not like and I will call it unbalanced!

go touch grass

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

you're unreal bro lmao

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

3 hours ago, Jore said:

you're unreal bro lmao

yup.. using the outdated engine

11 hours ago, Madnath said:

it's not a bad idea

it's awful, terrible and does nothing to fix or improve anything.

Once again it's your opinion that comes from your experiences and cannot go beyond that, I believe this would fix how AH and spawn limit work.

Imagine that for the mining industry there is a limit of mined tiles (miners would certainly be happy about it).

Everyone who bought a huge deed has the right to mine every tile on their deed, after all he paid for it and pays upkeep, so why not, right?

But because of the limit, the problem is that the average player or a completely new player who wants to mine entrance to his mine has to wait for tile collapse on deed of those who played from the day map started, when 1 tile is collapsed/released for the limit pool then new player can make his mine entrance on his own deed.

The fact that someone collects a lot of animals is not bad in itself, but the fact that there is a limit that blocks the development of other players who would like to start creating their herds and see how AH works on wild horses, without traits, is already a problem, which should somehow be resolved.
I propose a solution that will be the most fair in my opinion, because those who want to play will be rewarded, but those who want to own a lot of horses and at the same time do something else in the game, than take care of their animals,

will have to pay for it in silver by buying hay from NPC or other players or they can start taking care of their animals more often or reduce size of their herds.

There are many options what you could do after harsh winter would be implemented.

Each upkeep reduces the advantage people have when using p2w. And Wurm is a p2w game by design, after all, a free account cannot win against a premium account.

When you buy a bigger deed you should be able to claim for more resources just for yourself, it is fine, but that doesn't mean that you should be able to cut off other players resources.

What if there was a limit for animals with all traits from a given group (speed, draft, combat), so if I have 100 horses with full speed, you cannot breed any more horses with all traits from that group, because other combinations will be generated during breeding. Would you like this solution?

stop telling this joke of "if we did MY suggestions the game would be better off" because not only is it wrong, your idea isn't even unique to you and it's incredibly disrespectful to people actually working on development of the game, as much as we question their actions

If it is offensive to describe your ideas for improving the game, then entire section of suggestions from forum should be removed.
As for my ideas and saying that they would fix some aspect of the game, I can't stop repeating it, because if I didn't believe that they could fix the game, what would be the point of writing these ideas?
Devs have their own ideas for the game, sure, but no one is omniscient and they have the skills to code, but maybe I have some skill that they lack and my idea will make the game really better.

Edited by Darnok

17 minutes ago, Darnok said:

I believe this would fix how AH and spawn limit work

compared to how it works now where non cared for animals die in 2-3 winters already, your suggestion of grass not growing in winter doesn't actually kill them as mobs can survive without food for weeks with no food so you'd be recoding the entire animal hunger system for it aswell as animal traits, probably wanting enchanted grass ruined for your idea too, you want all of this changed for a feature that you just get around by buying hay and wont actually help the whole creature cap thing you keep saying its supposed to help, all it does is add tedium to the game by forcing you to move mobs around and plant grass once a month.

2/10

27 minutes ago, Darnok said:

If it is offensive to describe your ideas for improving the game, then entire section of suggestions from forum should be removed.

he's referring to you saying your ideas would have thousands of players, no need to victimize yourself

36 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

compared to how it works now where non cared for animals die in 2-3 winters already, your suggestion of grass not growing in winter doesn't actually kill them as mobs can survive without food for weeks with no food so you'd be recoding the entire animal hunger system for it aswell as animal traits, probably wanting enchanted grass ruined for your idea too, you want all of this changed for a feature that you just get around by buying hay and wont actually help the whole creature cap thing you keep saying its supposed to help, all it does is add tedium to the game by forcing you to move mobs around and plant grass once a month.

I hope hunger is coded as only single value that can be changed, so penned animal wouldn't be able to survive single winter without additional food.

Another element is cold, if the hunger is so complex, you can add temperature and penned animals just die of the cold, around mid-winter, to give a chance to build a stable for players who will not know that the cold is deadly.

OR

best combination of both, the colder it gets the more food animal needs and even locked in stable it should require such amount of food it would not survive winter without additional feeding from player 🙂

The question is, would it be better or worse for priests if winter would remove their spell and they had a new clients in spring?

Edited by Darnok

16 minutes ago, Darnok said:

I hope hunger is coded as only single value that can be changed, so penned animal wouldn't be able to survive single winter without additional food.

Another element is cold, if the hunger is so complex, you can add temperature and penned animals just die of the cold, around mid-winter, to give a chance to build a stable for players who will not know that the cold is deadly.

OR

best combination of both, the colder it gets the more food animal needs and even locked in stable it should require such amount of food it would not survive winter without additional feeding from player 🙂

The question is, would it be better or worse for priests if winter would remove their spell and they had a new clients in spring?

What's the core gameplay loop here and what reward does it bring the player?