Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Lighting is pretty dark in caves

Just checking to see if it is just me or what, but I fired up WU again and feel like my lanterns barely add any light at all.  Really hard to see in my caves and honestly, not great above ground either.  Are there lightning mods to address this?

yes Sindusk has a good one, Cave Vision:

You can adjust via properties exactly how bright it gets, so if you only want a minor adjustment you can do that, I think default is quite bright.

My understanding also is that there is a major difference in using MODERN vs LEGACY renderer, but I haven't looked at the differences between them re: mine lighting.

For above ground you could also try out BDew's TimeLock that lets you determine the exact time of day (only affects lighting).   If you get frustrated at night you can just hit F1 and on the fly change the time of day to something you enjoy more. whether it is dusk noon dawn or whatever time of day pleases you.

• Locks the time of day to a given time
  • In console type "timelock 12" to make it always noon or "timelock 12:34" to make it 12:34 (= 1:34 pm)
  • In console type "timelock off" to disable

That's for above ground only, so you'd need both mods if you want to tweak both above and below ground.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

This is great Brash!  Just gave it a try (the cave lighting) and it works great.  I have to play with the settings as I'd like it a little less bright that full daylight in there.  Great to see your name pop up in posts still :)