Sign in to follow this  
Zuelatak

Something feels terribly wrong with trolls

Champion female troll breaks her way out of her pen even though she has food z9mjQ7k.jpeg

It makes its way out of the mine through a mine door (We assume perms don't matter when exiting)

oMIydXY.png

It then makes its way through a locked door and kills a player 

IJlOaso.png

Working theory backed by CA is that since the troll is branded it's considered a citizen. However, I don't understand why it'd break its way out its pen if that's the case. And if that is in fact what is happening here then I would like to suggest that branded animals are not considered citizens. I'm not sure what advantage that brings.

• Like 2

trolls seek(make) way out of fenced areas afaik.. having food means nothing, as for the minedoor.. idk if that includes npcs

The reason that the Troll can exit the mine door without smashing it is because it is part of the Freedom Isles. Having that permission checked on the mine door permissions allows it to enter and exit as it pleases.

6 minutes ago, BattleWall said:

The reason that the Troll can exit the mine door without smashing it is because it is part of the Freedom Isles. Having that permission checked on the mine door permissions allows it to enter and exit as it pleases.

We tested it and even if all the perms are removed it'll still walk through

3 minutes ago, Zuelatak said:

We tested it and even if all the perms are removed it'll still walk through

Have you tried unbranding it? and seeing if it still walks through the doors?

None of the trolls we have branded on Melody act this way. They do occasionally smash a fence down and try to eat us if they are pregnant and we havent fed them.

Edited by BattleWall
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BattleWall said:

Have you tried unbranding it? and seeing if it still walks through the doors?

We have not, but I'm pretty sure as for the mine door it's because perms don't effect those on the inside. Pretty sure players can leave a mine door if they don't have perms to it.

Players can leave a mine door but it doesn't open when your inside a mine without permissions. Mobs in the game don't just leave a door that doesn't open. Trolls can't pass a locked door without smashing it. If the door doesn't actually have a lock then they can due to them having thumbs and being able to open doors like any humanoid in the game.

Players can leave a mine door but it doesn't open when your inside a mine without permissions.

This is contradictory? Players can but can't? 

Trolls can't pass a locked door without smashing it. If the door doesn't actually have a lock then they can due to them having thumbs and being able to open doors like any humanoid in the game.

Mine doors are pre-locked, and the house door that it went through was also locked. 

Trolls only bash when hunting. I've kept penned trolls happily penned for months as long as they have food but the pregnant ones ignore this and become bash happy even when not hungry.

The other escapes we've had are from having a pen up against a cave wall. I haven't seen what happens but every troll I've penned up against walls has escaped unless I build a fence along the cave wall.

"Being branded does not make an animal count as a citizen."

That comes directly from one of Keenan's posts on Branding here on the fourms. 

I've been informed that we have tested an unbranded troll and it still went through the mine door. I'm trying to test different perms in combination with it being branded on a house door, but it's stubborn and won't go through.

Tick on the Freedom Isles Permissions only That is the only permission i know of that allows trolls to pass

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BattleWall said:

Tick on the Freedom Isles Permissions only That is the only permission i know of that allows trolls to pass

Will be testing that when our Mag priest is free. I hope that's not the case cause then we can't give public access without also allowing trolls to walk in and murder people.

Trolls should not count as freedom isles. wtf...

I got a pet troll. She lives in 2x1 cave room, behind 2 locked gates (which DO block her movement because she doesn't walk out of them to attack anyone).

But every now and then, she just, somehow, magically warps out to the ground above the cave. I know she doesn't walk out from the mine door, because it has happened about 10 times and she's always above the cave room, which is pretty far from the doors. Never seen it happen, though.

So I am not sure if your troll actually walks out, or has the same magic powers to warp out.

Either way, the have something crazy skills.

On 7/25/2021 at 3:13 PM, Shmeric said:

I got a pet troll. She lives in 2x1 cave room, behind 2 locked gates (which DO block her movement because she doesn't walk out of them to attack anyone).

But every now and then, she just, somehow, magically warps out to the ground above the cave. I know she doesn't walk out from the mine door, because it has happened about 10 times and she's always above the cave room, which is pretty far from the doors. Never seen it happen, though.

So I am not sure if your troll actually walks out, or has the same magic powers to warp out.

Either way, the have something crazy skills.

Are any of the walls of your pen a cave wall instead of a fence or building wall? Our Mag Priest found that after making all our troll pens not include cave walls they no longer teleported onto the surface. 

A few months ago I had a horse warp out of its pen and into the neighboring pen. Don't know if that's related...

4 hours ago, Keridwyn said:

A few months ago I had a horse warp out of its pen and into the neighboring pen. Don't know if that's related...

there was a bug where creatures could climb up above ground through "reinforced" or "not reinforced mine-wall", you must have witnessed that one

Edited by Finnn

On 7/28/2021 at 4:30 AM, Zuelatak said:

Are any of the walls of your pen a cave wall instead of a fence or building wall? Our Mag Priest found that after making all our troll pens not include cave walls they no longer teleported onto the surface. 

Originally all were stone house walls, but she broke a couple and I didn't bother to fix it. I guess I'll try again.