Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

fish dumping encourages sea creatures to multiply

As far as I know, it's not possible to make most sea creatures into pets, therefore breeding is unavailable.

However, I would think that dumping a pile of fish on the same tile as a sea creature - or them moving onto that tile - might encourage them to think that having more of their kind is not totally in their worst interests.

Might be an interesting hobby for avid fishermen, to throw their small-fry to sea creatures, and see how many extra sea-creatures result from that. Maybe a player could even get passive Animal Husbandry ticks from it somehow.

• Like 2

Only if fishing in an area has a corresponding, and opposite, effect

14 hours ago, Sheffie said:

Only if fishing in an area has a corresponding, and opposite, effect

Do you mean that fishing in an area where sea-creatures are being encouraged to spawn, increases the difficulty of fishing?

I think fishermen would love that mechanic. They'd have more control over their skill gains.

P.S. I might be totally wrong, as I've yet to use the new fishing rods. I do like the new fishing nets though.

Edited by Drayka

I’d also like the fish to be more common if you make the appropriate sacrifices out beyond Devil’s Reef, but that is just me

Oh, so if you sacrifice a sea creature there, that tile gets a fishing bonus for X amount of time, kinda thing?

That could work well, especially on Defiance, where our seas even at border aren't deep enough not to force a nerf on deep-sea fishing.

Edited by Drayka