Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

How to Locate Uniques

I have played Wurm for the better part of 6 years, and I've never been able to find a unique. This is with countless devoted days over the years searching high and low in the backwoods across all SFI servers. Can any of those players who regularly find them kindly offer any tips on how it is that they do what they do? I'd be so happy to find at least one someday. I understand this is often a firestorm of a subject but am looking for a bit of a gesture of goodwill from those in the know. Tips on finding uniques are welcome from anyone, but in particular, I'd appreciate hearing some pointers from those who regularly locate them. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

most people find them going to rifts/looking for traitor mobs or normal hunting if they're not actively searching for uniques

search 8x8 servers, check niarja for last slay times on that server as they cant spawn for 14 days after last one spawned, check recently founded deeds for ones that sound like alts of people who find them, if ones slain and a deed disbands an hour later that's the unique pen and add 14 days to the founding date for a time to start searching, have a map of where all the deeds are because they don't spawn on deed, set graphics to low and mob/building/tree render distance up high as it's easier to spot them on low graphics

• Like 9