Sign in to follow this  
Tahlula

The Goblin Leader

My friend and I were all over the lands twice and never found anything. Where was the goblin leader finally found?

Personally I consider private GL slayings a certain degree of assholiness. In fact, a finder does not lose anything by inviting to a public slaying, but miners lose the chance to get bloods from the rare occurrences of goblin leaders.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Personally I consider private GL slayings a certain degree of assholiness. In fact, a finder does not lose anything by inviting to a public slaying, but miners lose the chance to get bloods from the rare occurrences of goblin leaders.

Yea they slayed the forest giant private on Indy a few days ago also. So now the greediness has gone to a whole new level; not only do they want to control the scale market, but also imbues.

22 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Yea they slayed the forest giant private on Indy a few days ago also. So now the greediness has gone to a whole new level; not only do they want to control the scale market, but also imbues.

I was in on the F giant, I believe it was deli server. The "hoarders were there too" That is a name I've chosen for them as they take almost every unique.  I mean they are not bad people, they are really nice to talk to, but they do not bend when it comes to letting others have a chance at the uniques.  They hunt constantly. It was not my find, so I could not make public. I was just invited after the rift. I normally try to yell out in GL and ask if anyone wants to come,  if I don't have anyone to trap the unique. However, the G leader on pristine, they trapped and slayed private. To each his own I guess, they followed Enki's unique rules. I always try to share and even give my hide and scale away for bonus loot. But you can not change things unless you go out and hunt them. I spend many days hunting and then boom they find and kill it.  I think what really should be done is that we all STOP buying from them. If they can't move the hide/scale they may chill out some. LOL I seen on trade someone trying to sell .01kg for 90c. I about fell out me chair laughing. Then I seen one comment, something about supply and demand..... hahaha there is no supply cause they have it all. anyways that's my two cents about it. 

Edited by ShenjiWurm

20 hours ago, ShenjiWurm said:

I was in on the F giant, I believe it was deli server. The "hoarders were there too" That is a name I've chosen for them as they take almost every unique.  I mean they are not bad people, they are really nice to talk to, but they do not bend when it comes to letting others have a chance at the uniques.  They hunt constantly. It was not my find, so I could not make public

The forest giant was found by someone who went for the rift and was out hunting in the area before the rift started.  When the rift ended, they announced in local that anyone who wanted to help kill it could come.  I agree the word could have been spread better but I didn't consider it a private slaying, just that the person who found the FG wanted to head back to their deed and not remain on the other server.

• Like 1

Yeah, The F Giant was not really a private slaying. Basically if you were in local you got invited. I thought that unique was handled very well in terms of sharing with the public. My point in my original statement I think got lost. I was trying to say that the person that found F Giant was not greedy about it at all. I guess I was rambling to much and accidently left it out hehehehehe

Edited by ShenjiWurm

10 hours ago, ShenjiWurm said:

Yeah, The F Giant was not really a private slaying. Basically if you were in local you got invited. I thought that unique was handled very well in terms of sharing with the public. My point in my original statement I think got lost. I was trying to say that the person that found F Giant was not greedy about it at all. I guess I was rambling to much and accidently left it out hehehehehe

I didn't get that impression from your post at all.  You said -

"I was in on the F giant, I believe it was deli server. The "hoarders were there too" That is a name I've chosen for them as they take almost every unique."

I take offense to this statement.  You have participated in 29 slayings in just under a year.  There have not been anywhere close to that number of public slayings in that time.  Think about your words.

10 hours ago, Thalorane said:

I didn't get that impression from your post at all.  You said -

"I was in on the F giant, I believe it was deli server. The "hoarders were there too" That is a name I've chosen for them as they take almost every unique."

I take offense to this statement.  You have participated in 29 slayings in just under a year.  There have not been anywhere close to that number of public slayings in that time.  Think about your words.

Just have to drop this in here. I checked my own stats and within one year I have participated in 25 unique killings. I have never been part in any private groups and I try to attend every public ones arranged AND posted in advance (I wasn't at Deli rift so missed that FG for example). Pretty sure I also managed to participate in all of the announced ones this past year but not completely sure *. Out of these 25 at least one was found by Shenjiwurm and made public. I'm sorry I can't remember all of arrangers. But she is not hypocrite and does not need to think about her words. 

* (One of public ones was also my find and handed over to Stanlee to arrange, due to circumstances).

Now to add, this last 12 months has been very high in public slayings, compared to most years before. BUT, private slayings still outnumber public ones heavily.

• Like 2

I want to add (beneath that I respect and like Shenjiwurm, and think that disputes should be civilized) that the FG slaying was obviously ok. I did not participate either, for the same reasons as Nestangol. And generally spoken, I am not against private slayings, especially when it deals with drakes and dragons. It is a decision up to anyone whether to share the scale and hide with the community, or get a reasonable chunk in a private slaying.

But with the other uniques things are somewhat different. It is up to every finder, and that applies to drakes and dragons, too, whether or not to share the loot, or to keep it, or parts of it, such as tome or bone, and nobody is in the rights to criticize that. And therefore, a finder of GL, FG, TK does not lose anything when making the slaying public.

It is also ok, when in a hurry, to announce it on short note, even if the time of the day is not ideal, or many cannot make it in time, though it is ofc best to give a large part of the comm the chance to get a blood. Denying that chance altogether is quite egotist and petty. I cannot resist to mention that it is not uncommon with a certain sort of PvPers (fortunately not all of them) who consider generosity weakness towards "Freedumbers". 

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Thalorane said:

I take offense to this statement.  You have participated in 29 slayings in just under a year.  There have not been anywhere close to that number of public slayings in that time

I am sorry if you take offense to my statement, Yes I have been in a number of private slayings, but only five of them I have found. One I made public. The others were announced in GL freedom for anyone to attend of which I do not really call private but maybe you do. I am not sure what part offended you, but you have met me.  I am not a mean person and surely didn't mean to offend anyone.  If it was the hoarder statement? lol it is a funny joke I make about a certain group that hunts the uniques like crazy. I like them all but they do not share I.e. Hoarder. :)

12 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I want to add (beneath that I respect and like Shenjiwurm,

Thank you, was very sad I upset them.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:17 AM, ShenjiWurm said:

I was in on the F giant, I believe it was deli server. The "hoarders were there too" That is a name I've chosen for them as they take almost every unique.

I just want to clear up this mess. I was replying to the statement that was made saying that the people with the Forest Giant were GREEDY and  I WAS TRYING TO DEFEND THEM! The statement above was saying that the group that hoards the uniques were there too, but they were only there because they attended the rift and was invited when the nice person invited us all to kill the F Giant.  I accidently left part of my statement out on my first post :( In my defense I am usually playing wurm half asleep cause I never got to sleep cause I'm playing wurm lmfao, so I made a bad typo there. I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I was taking up for you not trying to join in on the bashing of your choice of how to slay YOUR unique. This made me very sad :( that I upset the finder in any way. I'm very sorry my first statement was not clear.