Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Butchering grind

I have some questions about butchering. My recent level is 49.56, and I did some experiments with meat on lava as I heard that should raise difficulty.

Where can I see the diff in butchering? My experiments showed no difference in skill gain for filleting meat between 0 and 48 damage. Butchering tool was a ql5 serryl butchering knife with coc 104. Butchering from a corpse, as well as filletting, did yield 0.0017 .. 0.0018 skill gain (SB on).

Interestingly, dicing and mincing with a cutlery knife (seryll ql10 94coc) gave double the skill gain, 0.0034 .. 0.0035 .

Any recommendations? Is lava only effective on much higher skill?

get woa on that butchering knife(stamina or action speed doesn't affect your skillgain, you'll save yourself time and some sleep bonus)

use ql1 if possible (sunder+mend or repair should do it), just for the odd chance to add more diff/rng from low ql tool

else either damage tons of meat or go hunt with a wagon at nearest forest/desert/steppe(whatever near you have many mobs)

sleep bonus/aff meal you'll be fine

Thanks but ..

As I wrote, skill gain does not differ between meat without and with dmg, max dmg so far 84. SB and affi sure.  And that interests me: when is decay (lava) a thing?

Ok woa will help, as skill tick seems to be calculated at the end of the timer, and not influenced by timer length.

keep damage within 20 from your skill

--edit

sad.. had a better tip as pm but that ignore costs you, anyway

Edited by Finnn

I don't know what to tell you because the dif of the butcher action when fileting is the damage of the meat.

If you aren't using the grinder then you really should so you can actually manage meat diff with knife QL. I'm still using a 90ish QL butchering knife for filleting 64-ish damage meat for best gains at 68 skill

d05a582bed48dcc5cf5fe48c03022027.png

it is easy, no doubt, and pretty pointless to grind, in the end or start.. all you need is several butchering imbue potions to always get ql100 and your skill doesn't matter that much

--edit btw I don't grind this, it's just from hunting, and I barely ever hunt

Edited by Finnn

Ekcin it sounds like your just looking at skill gain tick size. What's important is the gain frequency. Sure, do all you can to increase tick size like coc, sb. If you get the task difficulty versus skill/tool-ql optimized you'll get gains more often. This is the point of the lava tile.

(49 butcher skill + 5ql knife) / 2 - 20 =  approximate ideal difficulty or in this case how much damage the meat should have.  So 7 damage for your setup. And remember that formula is an estimate.

If your going to use the grinder app https://www.dreamsleeve.org/wurm/grinder/ use the fixed bonus (channeling) tab.