Sign in to follow this  
kittenkhaous

White dye

Why does White Dye have little to no coverage.  I mean to ask that if I "paint" say pine wood with white ((214, 214, 214) no effect is seen when I color sample in Photoshop.  Is this a bug or is it a feature I do not understand?

Thank You 

Kit

Sadly Kit, you've run afoul of a long-standing "bug" in the way that Wurm renders colors.

The unfortunate side effect is that 'white' dyes have a barely noticeable effect, and that effect is not to give things a white color.  :(

On the bright side - dyes with a white base that add additional RGB elements to it can show up, but they can often be very subtle.  I can provide some examples if you're curious to know more.

• Like 1

I can fill in here Do Yellow insteed its Best filler but not best for what u want. i had same problem for all years, but yellow is got for fog and contrast so yea, anyhow welcome to dye world theres alot of things need2know ill guess... U notice have a good day ( as lantern this is lamps and so on )

Edited by MrCoolMan
adding for Visual in air at painted areas its nogo

Thank You Both that was very helpful.  Sidereal that would be helpful to know.  Is the quality of the dye have an effect other than the colors starting point?  I thought is might effect an alpha channel and low quality would be more see though.  But if the color model is jacked it might not even consider RGB Alpha channel.  I am sorry if I am not writing this clear enough I might be over thinking it.  But thank you again

• Like 1

Glad to help, kittenkhaous!   With regard to your other questions:  quality of the dye does not make a difference.  I don't know the technical details about things like alpha channels, but I can at least provide a demonstration:

The sail on the left has been dyed with 85ql white dye (RGB 238/238/238)
The sail in the center is the natural sail color without dye
The sail on the right has been dyed with 55ql dye (RGB 176/214/222) 'Powder Blue'

White dyes are barely perceptible - the whiter they are, the more they approach being perfectly transparent.  The further any of the RGB elements is away from 255, the more visible it is.

qJf4RFG.png