Sign in to follow this  
Toby

Add "Expand All" To Inventory Groups

Inventory groups are great, lets make them better and add an "Expand All" option for convenience. Then you can keep your cluttered inventory neat and efficient for imping. 

Currently, if you "Expand All" to imp a bunch of items like armor sets while encumbered with other items, you may suddenly create a inventory list so obnoxiously long that you have to scroll and take time to locate the items.

I know I always keep my main full of things and it gets to be bit much at times, but I wont have it any other way. This sounds like a lovely quality of life improvement that sounds easy to implement, no?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toby said:

Inventory groups are great, lets make them better and add an "Expand All" option for convenience. Then you can keep your cluttered inventory neat and efficient for imping. 

Currently, if you "Expand All" to imp a bunch of items like armor sets while encumbered with other items, you may suddenly create a inventory list so obnoxiously long that you have to scroll and take time to locate the items.

I know I always keep my main full of things and it gets to be bit much at times, but I wont have it any other way. This sounds like a lovely quality of life improvement that sounds easy to implement, no?

WHAT?

You hate it all expanded.. but you want... what exactly?

- right click open the inventory group with your armor or w/e... you improve and you can sort things by damage/ql/imp/name in only that window... it's just like a container.. if you keep items in backpacks.. you can do the same with backpacks.. opened from inventory as separate windows on your screen.. in case you improve armors for playerA, playerB, playerC ... at the same time and for *no reason* you need all on your screen

On 7/10/2021 at 10:10 AM, Finnn said:

WHAT?

You hate it all expanded.. but you want... what exactly?

- right click open the inventory group with your armor or w/e... you improve and you can sort things by damage/ql/imp/name in only that window... it's just like a container.. if you keep items in backpacks.. you can do the same with backpacks.. opened from inventory as separate windows on your screen.. in case you improve armors for playerA, playerB, playerC ... at the same time and for *no reason* you need all on your screen

I've never used that feature before! I will now. It definitely does the job I suggested.

If my suggestion is still relevant, it would be in that such a feature would remove an additional window needed on the screen. I like to keep armor in a "Group" and suddenly imp it when running between tasks. I was in the idea of optimizing that experience. "Expand All" would be a faster response, however without individualized filters. I dont always need the filters included in the "Open" feature in short periods.

I suppose this isn't the most needed suggestion, just a convenient option.

Or better still ... tabs for the different groups.

I like that idea. 

Edited by Toby

14 minutes ago, Toby said:

I've never used that feature before! I will now. It definitely does the job I suggested.

If my suggestion is still relevant, it would be in that such a feature would remove an additional window needed on the screen. I like to keep armor in a "Group" and suddenly imp it when running between tasks. I was in the idea of optimizing that experience. "Expand All" would be a faster response, however without individualized filters. I dont always need the filters included in the "Open" feature in short periods.

I suppose this isn't the most needed suggestion, just a convenient option.

unsure what it was .. but some wont open as containers.. backpacks I think.. you can still do it from inventory with 'keybind r open'

just a tip