Sign in to follow this  
Yserin

delete

packed it, killed the horses. done trying. ty for your replies.

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

I've been noticing this constantly as well, about half the times i ride out my horse is decently slow and i have to force feed it a couple of pieces of food

I felt something fishy was happening the moment I kept noticing the new generation of horses not getting fat on enchanted grass, at least not on a consistent basis. 

They achieved and lost fat status a few times over the course of two weeks. Some do have the "graceful eater" trait but the rest don't have the "it looks constantly hungry" so that's not a variable in this scenario. I initially assumed they lost fat status maybe due to breeding, guess my mind went with the idea that breeding caused them to eat more or something, but maybe the eating interval ticks for horses are a bit screwy. Upon inspecting not one of them are hungry, they can be bred, so there's no issue there, but they can be force fed. But most of them win and lose fat status quite randomly at times without having negative traits. 

Edited by elentari

I had a venerable sheep in a 2x1 enchanted grass pen.  It seemed to stay fixed in the NE corner of the pen and was staying on the 'thin' graphic for a couple of days after shearing.  I don't know if wool production is timer based, or based on how well the sheep eats.  After leading the sheep to the other enchanted tile (South across the border of the pair of enchanted tiles to the NW corner of the neighbouring enchanted grass tile) it started to produce wool again and the 'fat' graphic returned.

Can you give me a little more info on the situations with the horses that this is happening with please. Enclosure/non enclosure? Hitched to posts or carts/wagons? 

I've run a test but mine are grazing.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/184655-enchanted-grass-and-mycellium/

Doesn't matter if they are hitched to a post or not happens to both and certainly in pens but it doesn't matter because it happened before they cared if they were penned or not.

They do graze but not always when they need to so will be too hungry to breed unless you feed them sometimes, its not something you are going to notice unless you are trying to breed when they forgot to eat

Edited by SmeJack

-

Edited by Yserin

-

Edited by Yserin

-

Edited by Yserin

3 hours ago, Yserin said:

is there actually a young bush on this tile

I took a look: this tile indeed has an enchanted raspberry bush. On the screenshot you can see clearly that it looks different from the adjacent tiles:

Wk8XFyT.png

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin

9 hours ago, Yserin said:

Short of digging it up again and planting flowers again and enchanting it again I cant keep this tile from starving my horses. because apparently there is an immortal bush that I cant get rid of.

55 minutes ago, Yserin said:

I mean if I remove the enchanted grass pack it pave it, unpave it plant it, enchant it this shouldnt be here. why are bushes spreading to my enchanted grass?

6 hours ago, SmeJack said:

just cut it, it will stay enchanted grass after

you do not need to go through all those steps just cut it and it will be enchanted grass, the bush must have been there from the beginning as they certainly do not spread. Perhaps you used a sprout to plant and thought you cut it down before enchanting, either way just cut it and its fixed without all those steps you think you need to go through

nope I know what I did. As in I already did those steps. thanks

Edited by Yserin