Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Darnok's gameplay and UX suggestions

11 hours ago, Jore said:

jesus what are these suggestions

🤣 I am learning to view them rather like I view enemy chat in Local during a raid.

23 hours ago, Finnn said:

I'm 97+ fs..

congrats! My highest FS is 73.84, currently 72.72, after having died 5x to trolls for being too stubborn to care about skill loss.

On 7/10/2021 at 2:45 PM, Darnok said:

Collisions with other players and animals, as well as vehicles.

Non-aggressive animals should become aggressive after colliding with a player moving at high speed.

Vehicles (cart and wagon) should take damage when they collide with a tree or a player-created object (unless it is vehicle owner deed, on your deed you can collide for free 🙂).

Nothing in Wurm is set up for this. It would cause such a cascade of bugs it is never going to happen. Accept that now. Wurm is a minimum-collision game. I already can be dehorsed-bugged from running full-tilt headlong into a tree, or a wall. I've fallen onto walls and ended up teleporting, spammed with orange alert text in event. I when I relogged, I was still on the side of the fence I was on originally, but my horse had seemingly bugged onto the other side of the fence (though I could still lead it and managed to get away with it, that time).

Jump is not going to be added to Wurm.

Collision with other players, animals and vehicles, is not going to be added to Wurm.

This is a JAVA game. The 3D is not 'proper-stable-3D'; it's outsourced to another language (I'm told).

That we can put plates on a table and sit on seats is a massive, recent-years victory.

That we have functional bridges, is a massive, recent-years victory.

Vehicles should also take damage if the player tries to drive over too steep terrain. I don't see why players use carts or wagons for exploration and not horses.

Have you actually met any new-to-Wurm players recently? I'm guessing not, given that you 'don't see why'. Getting hung up on steep cliffs whilst being chased by trolls whilst driving a cart/wagon is mechanic enough. It's bad enough with a horse that at least has a decent turn of speed to get you away from the train of mobs trying to corner you. And buggy enough. I don't want you to start suggesting that horses should go lame on steep tiles either!!

A player armed with long spear while riding a horse (after exceeding a certain speed) during collision with mobs or other players should deal to them very high damage. Armored horses with draft and combat trait should additionally enhance the damage dealt during a collision.

You could reword this as an optional attack move - like throw is available, this could be 'charge' - so that as one passes through the wireframe of an animal you are targetting, it tries to deal piercing damage. However, due to desynch bugs between the client and the server rendering, you might find yourself trying to change at a creature that's 2 tiles or more away from where you think it is. Which I think everyone would find extremely frustrating and disappointing.

Goblins should have spears and deal extra damage to riders.

1. Not spears, too sophisticated. Maybe crude knives. 2. Mounted/unmounted combat already works this way!

The bears, mountain lions and wolves should scare the animals led by the player. So right after combat with the bear starts, all the animals that the player had lead start to run away for a few tiles.

I'm not even going to start to comment on how badly that would affect PvP AND PvE players, or how inconsistent it would be with the rest of the animal mechanics. I'll stick with: "This is not some pen-and-paper D&D-style game where you get a fear-factor roll."

Spiders should throw a web on a random tile around them once every few attacks, the player, after stepping into that tile, is additionally slowed down.

Have you ever spent literally 1 hour being chased by a train of champ, greenish and huge spiders, hellhounds and trolls, next to a guard-tower with guards bugged in a cave, on a cliff edge, lost, and suffering from arachnophobia? Spiders are dangerous enough, thank-you.

Scorpions should deal extra damage to players without a shield.

Have you actually USED a shield yet? Because I haven't, and scorpions do me a plenty of damage.

Crocodiles, hell hounds and anacondas should attack and damage the horses and the player simultaneously (the horses attached to the vehicles as well).

Are you deliberately trying to suggest things to make new-players ragequit MORE often?

Trolls should perform a special blow (random, can trigger only if troll is below 50% health) that would knock the player off the horse or vehicle.

Son of Nogump - Wurmpedia
Category:Valrei Creatures - Wurmpedia in general

Collision detection: very expensive, in terms of server CPU. That runtime cost is in addition to the development cost. Not sure what the benefit is, because...

Lag. What's your response to the player whose cart hit a tree, or who is now in a fight with a venerable bison, because they collided due to lag?

• "Serves you right for playing on Xanadu" ?
  • "You should have been moving slower" ?

The rest of the proposal is dependent upon a general overhaul of the combat engine that takes weapon length into account and which — while it might provide a good deal of added realism — would definitely upset the current meta and could leave us, as a community, with hundreds of very annoyed huge axe wielders. So I'm not at all sure it would ever happen.

vNfw5og.jpg

On 7/9/2021 at 7:10 AM, Darnok said:

You probably didn't read it thoroughly, but I wrote that stamina should gradually regenerate slower and slower, which is not suggesting an absolute ban on tunnels beyond deed, only limiting its length. If you need a highway tunnel, you can divide it into sections.

Well, try to guess why the mountain roads in real world look like this? 😉

[photo of winding mountain road]

Did you even google "mountain tunnel" before you made that spurious statement? There are some breath-taking photos of RL, hand-hewn, historic tunnels.

So you're coming up with some 'fantastic ideas' of how to 'change the game', then realising your suggestions would probably break the game, and instead of doubting that thes 'fantastic ideas' are anything less than perfect, you then proceed to invent a MASSIVE nerf to the existing mechanics, that are guaranteed to break the game.

Frankly, you just don't have the pizzazz to be a snake-oil salesman. Pick insulting people, or snake-oil sales, but don't try to do both at the same time. #fail

• Like 2

The whole concept of these bonus things by targeting specific corners or wiggling your mouse just won't work with the game engine - the game doesn't even update your mouse position or your character position until you interact with a left click, and they work off of corners, not portions of the tile. The tunnelling drawbacks for stamina regen/health drop are ridiculous. 

Your suggestions fail purely on the impossibility of their function in Wurms existing form.

2 hours ago, Blazecraze said:

The whole concept of these bonus things by targeting specific corners or wiggling your mouse just won't work with the game engine - the game doesn't even update your mouse position or your character position until you interact with a left click, and they work off of corners, not portions of the tile. The tunnelling drawbacks for stamina regen/health drop are ridiculous. 

Your suggestions fail purely on the impossibility of their function in Wurms existing form.

you know there's free-look option(you can look and point with mid-screen crosshair).. pretty easy to use positioning.. fishing uses click on specific screen location...

playing ******* OSU in wurm .. will be ....... disgusting though

Spoiler

giphy.gif

no ty

none of these ideas are good upgrades or making anything interesting.. it's just making it a pitiful experience.. in already heavy micromanagement gameplay, the way to make things more 'interesting' would be.... what the hell would I change to get even 1 friend to try wurm online, the reasons that a new person wouldn't try the game.. or play it longer term is the part that needs changing to make the game more interesting

Edited by Finnn

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

you know there's free-look option(you can look and point with mid-screen crosshair).. pretty easy to use positioning.. fishing uses click on specific screen location...

playing ******* OSU in wurm .. will be ....... disgusting though

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

no ty

none of these ideas are good upgrades or making anything interesting.. it's just making it a pitiful experience.. in already heavy micromanagement gameplay, the way to make things more 'interesting' would be.... what the hell would I change to get even 1 friend to try wurm online, the reasons that a new person wouldn't try the game.. or play it longer term is the part that needs changing to make the game more interesting

omg, I've read so many of these now I'm not even taking in the OP properly anymore. Just struggled through it, and you're quite right: My knee-jerk reaction to that was disgust. Absolutely fascinating! Disgust is seemingly quite distinct from insult.

I'm gonna go read it again, see if I can figure out what is so exhausting about reading it, so I can improve the style in which I write my own suggestions.

45 minutes ago, Drayka said:

omg, I've read so many of these now I'm not even taking in the OP properly anymore. Just struggled through it, and you're quite right: My knee-jerk reaction to that was disgust. Absolutely fascinating! Disgust is seemingly quite distinct from insult.

I'm gonna go read it again, see if I can figure out what is so exhausting about reading it, so I can improve the style in which I write my own suggestions.

tl;dr it introduces annoyances and nothing to compensate for new struggle, calls it 'fun', 'interesting' even.. when it's not... and yea.. there's nothing more to it.. it's just bad content added for no reason and playing by it gives you nothing more, it's general nerf

normally in games you get new content being mechanic/gear/drops... having a new struggle to fight to win something better that was previously not obtainable or not that easily obtainable(but at a price with annoying/'interesting' new mechanic).. YES, CONTENT we are familiar with; often this is not changing existing content.. but adds new 'zone' or dungeon to explore.. new items to drop/change etc.. seasonal content with nerfs and rebalancing - sure.. general game remains the same.. and tiny parts but NOT ALL creature fighting changes with it...

creature AI is normally changed when it's needed.. old or really bugged boring ai.. doing poorly to entertain.. buff drops, buff it's reaction and events..

none of that is possible in wurm.. buffing creatures to be eventful with their responses.. unless players also get a dodge(limiting to 1 is annoying) or 2-3, special moves to use and do more damage.. based on your gear etc mainly.. and not mostly rng, you're fighting a badass mob? - well at 90+ fs you're a ********* badass yourself.. missing to hit a sheep is ridiculous, etc etc..  

39 minutes ago, Drayka said:

so I can improve the style in which I write my own suggestions.

Frankly, your suggestions don't hinge on "i have a solution, now i just have to find a problem for it" which is the case for most of the @OP's threads.

Basically blowing out of proportion non-issues like resource availability or, of all things, minigames in a perfectly relaxing game, and so on. 

You can't discuss the pros and cons either because @OP will do both things in one response; make up new non-issues AND ignore your valid points.

At this point i honestly think he's just trolling to entertain himself, trying to stir mud in a game he doesn't play. 

I'm not sure if there is any point wasting perfectly good bytes of transfer replying to suggestions (yes, i see the irony of my self replying here) which are clearly not viable technically or logically and are not posted in good faith.

There are people who have good suggestions but don't understand the system limitations or requirements and suggest things in good faith but once explained, they understand the counterarguments.

Then there are users who shovel things like this en masse and accept no criticism (constructive or not) or explanation, seemingly just to bump their post counter on their profile.

For years i used to be a "keyboard warrior" and defend my opinions, often in anger. I have learned that most of the time, the simplest and healthiest solution for all involved is to read what they have to say and then promptly close the browser tab. No matter how much i want to punch my fist though the monitor. It took a lot of work and i often still type up a whole elaborate post with all kinds of acid spewing but i re-read what i wrote few times until i'm certain that posting it will bring any value to the conversation.

Your suggestions are usually well thought through and list the scenarios which are relevant, good or bad. No need to change your writing style, 

Keep on keeping on.

@Darnokokay, let's see if we can do something about your suggestion style, with some targeted feedback. You open with a line that alienates your readers:

On 7/5/2021 at 8:58 PM, Darnok said:

As I mentioned, I am testing WU and even there mining with increased speed of action and reduced number of rock hits to 20 is boring.

The solution to your problem is to stop expecting the game to be completely overhauled just so that every aspect of it suits you personally. This is an MMO. The whole point is to be bored by some aspects of the game, and thus learn to value other players who are not bored by the aspects of the game that bore you.

There are people who REALLY LOVE certain mechanics as they are now, and you are disregarding their contribution to this community as dross, unworthy of your attention to value. Instead, the entire game should be made to revolve around making this game so intensively rewarding to you alone that you could solo-play this game for the rest of your life and never be bored, whilst/by eliminating all positive interaction opportunities with others.

I would otherwise be the first person to encourage evolution of the game, but your personal issues with other players taint every suggestion you make:

On 7/5/2021 at 8:58 PM, Darnok said:

First It would be nice to limit the size of the mines beyond the deeds.

It would seem that you want the entire community to be imprisoned on deeds. To have to pay, and pay, and pay, to have any right to be here or do anything. You do not acknowledge that anyone has any right to make changes to any land that they have not paid for outright.

So let me turn this around on you, to try to illustrate what your attitude to game mechanics in general sounds like to other players:

The problem with this game are all these bloodthirsty hunters roaming around the map as if they have the God-given right to KOS everything they see for fun. They are complete sociopaths with no respect for life, or other people. In RL, such behaviour would never be tolerated. I can't even step off deed to forage for vegan berries without some thug in armour turning up to murder the local wildlife, as if this were some hooligan's street violence game where you get points for killing pedestrians with your car.

I propose that killing animals off-deed should be less rewarding, to discourage such behaviour. Introduce a fear-factor based on distance from a deed, so that for every tile you are from a deed you are a citizen of, your skill gains suffer a 10% penalty.

• Make all armour take damage that cannot be repaired.
  • Make all weapons take damage that cannot be repaired.
  • Make tower guards and spirit templars attack players who are carrying weapons.
  • Make tower guards and spirit templars join in with any fights with wildlife on the side of the wildlife.
  • Make it impossible to target any animals that are not farm animals.
  • Make all corpses and animal butchering products take 10 damage every 10 seconds they exist.

There's nothing inherently invalid with such a perspective. It is true that in RL, in many countries, bloodsports are illegal, and carrying weapons in public is illegal. There's nothing wrong with being vegan either. But should Wurm be required to be a 100% vegan-biased product because 1 player, who doesn't even play the game, is demanding it be made so before they will even consider playing this game or recommending it to their friends?

On 7/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, Drayka said:

Nothing in Wurm is set up for this. It would cause such a cascade of bugs it is never going to happen. Accept that now. Wurm is a minimum-collision game. I already can be dehorsed-bugged from running full-tilt headlong into a tree, or a wall. I've fallen onto walls and ended up teleporting, spammed with orange alert text in event. I when I relogged, I was still on the side of the fence I was on originally, but my horse had seemingly bugged onto the other side of the fence (though I could still lead it and managed to get away with it, that time).

Jump is not going to be added to Wurm.

Collision with other players, animals and vehicles, is not going to be added to Wurm.

This is a JAVA game. The 3D is not 'proper-stable-3D'; it's outsourced to another language (I'm told).

That we can put plates on a table and sit on seats is a massive, recent-years victory.

That we have functional bridges, is a massive, recent-years victory.

I'm just suggesting things that IN MY OPINION (Your opinion may be otherwise, but it doesn't mean that mine is worth less, it would be good to remember that when criticizing someone else's ideas) would be useful.
It's not my job to know the limits of the Wurm engine.

Have you actually met any new-to-Wurm players recently? I'm guessing not, given that you 'don't see why'. Getting hung up on steep cliffs whilst being chased by trolls whilst driving a cart/wagon is mechanic enough. It's bad enough with a horse that at least has a decent turn of speed to get you away from the train of mobs trying to corner you. And buggy enough. I don't want you to start suggesting that horses should go lame on steep tiles either!!

So we have collisions with terrain, trees and structures built by players. I don't understand how collisions with animals or vehicles would be any different? If your and my character are on the same tile, the direction of movement is calculated, or any other calculation is made, which will enable collision detection. Your character, while moving in the terrain, must also be located in some way with each tile so that the game knows which path you can move and which you cannot.

Have you actually USED a shield yet? Because I haven't, and scorpions do me a plenty of damage.

And?

Are you deliberately trying to suggest things to make new-players ragequit MORE often?

Beginner players don't fight these NPCs but run away from them, so I don't understand what this has to do with them.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:55 PM, Sheffie said:

Collision detection: very expensive, in terms of server CPU. That runtime cost is in addition to the development cost. Not sure what the benefit is, because...

Lag. What's your response to the player whose cart hit a tree, or who is now in a fight with a venerable bison, because they collided due to lag?

• "Serves you right for playing on Xanadu" ?
  • "You should have been moving slower" ?

The rest of the proposal is dependent upon a general overhaul of the combat engine that takes weapon length into account and which — while it might provide a good deal of added realism — would definitely upset the current meta and could leave us, as a community, with hundreds of very annoyed huge axe wielders. So I'm not at all sure it would ever happen.

Granted, collision detection would cost more CPU than no collisions, but the question is, wouldn't the game be much better then?
As for lags and accidental collisions, the same is the case right now, if you are driving through the forest and have lag then you may end up fighting a few animals that have moved, but you haven't seen it because of the lag.

The fact that the two-handed axe is used by most players is the best indication that something needs to be done about it, because the fight or weapons are unbalanced.

Edited by Darnok

18 hours ago, Drayka said:

@Darnokokay, let's see if we can do something about your suggestion style, with some targeted feedback. You open with a line that alienates your readers:

The solution to your problem is to stop expecting the game to be completely overhauled just so that every aspect of it suits you personally. This is an MMO. The whole point is to be bored by some aspects of the game, and thus learn to value other players who are not bored by the aspects of the game that bore you.

There are people who REALLY LOVE certain mechanics as they are now, and you are disregarding their contribution to this community as dross, unworthy of your attention to value. Instead, the entire game should be made to revolve around making this game so intensively rewarding to you alone that you could solo-play this game for the rest of your life and never be bored, whilst/by eliminating all positive interaction opportunities with others.

I would otherwise be the first person to encourage evolution of the game, but your personal issues with other players taint every suggestion you make:

It would seem that you want the entire community to be imprisoned on deeds. To have to pay, and pay, and pay, to have any right to be here or do anything. You do not acknowledge that anyone has any right to make changes to any land that they have not paid for outright.

So let me turn this around on you, to try to illustrate what your attitude to game mechanics in general sounds like to other players:

The problem with this game are all these bloodthirsty hunters roaming around the map as if they have the God-given right to KOS everything they see for fun. They are complete sociopaths with no respect for life, or other people. In RL, such behaviour would never be tolerated. I can't even step off deed to forage for vegan berries without some thug in armour turning up to murder the local wildlife, as if this were some hooligan's street violence game where you get points for killing pedestrians with your car.

I propose that killing animals off-deed should be less rewarding, to discourage such behaviour. Introduce a fear-factor based on distance from a deed, so that for every tile you are from a deed you are a citizen of, your skill gains suffer a 10% penalty.

• Make all armour take damage that cannot be repaired.
  • Make all weapons take damage that cannot be repaired.
  • Make tower guards and spirit templars attack players who are carrying weapons.
  • Make tower guards and spirit templars join in with any fights with wildlife on the side of the wildlife.
  • Make it impossible to target any animals that are not farm animals.
  • Make all corpses and animal butchering products take 10 damage every 10 seconds they exist.

There's nothing inherently invalid with such a perspective. It is true that in RL, in many countries, bloodsports are illegal, and carrying weapons in public is illegal. There's nothing wrong with being vegan either. But should Wurm be required to be a 100% vegan-biased product because 1 player, who doesn't even play the game, is demanding it be made so before they will even consider playing this game or recommending it to their friends?

You don't understand my suggestion of limiting the length of the tunnels. After all, you could still mine one long tunnel through the entire map from N to S. The only difference would be that with some reasonable distance you would have to put deed with the tunnel exit. You know that the world of Wurm is 2D and if you mine a tunnel, another player can no longer mine through the same tile at a different height, so such a limitation should exist for a long time so that people do not get super long tunnels.

2 minutes ago, Darnok said:

The fact that the two-handed axe is used by most players is the best indication that something needs to be done about it, because the fight or weapons are unbalanced.

how's that an indicator? huge axe isn't even the best weapon in the game people liking it doesn't mean anything's wrong, it just means big hits on mobs releases dopamine in your brain

5 minutes ago, Darnok said:

As for lags and accidental collisions, the same is the case right now, if you are driving through the forest and have lag then you may end up fighting a few animals that have moved, but you haven't seen it because of the lag.

are you arguing for or against collision there, because it seems like you're giving an example of where collusion would teleport you around and get you stuck in a fight you can't react to

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

how's that an indicator? huge axe isn't even the best weapon in the game people liking it doesn't mean anything's wrong, it just means big hits on mobs releases dopamine in your brain

are you arguing for or against collision there, because it seems like you're giving an example of where collusion would teleport you around and get you stuck in a fight you can't react to

You are really like to use straw man on every post 😄 but please don't use it on my ideas.

1 minute ago, Darnok said:

You are really like to use straw man on every post 😄 but please don't use it on my ideas.

technically speaking what you just posted here is a strawman, so bad form. got an answer for the question or nah

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Darnok said:

I'm just suggesting things that IN MY OPINION (Your opinion may be otherwise, but it doesn't mean that mine is worth less, it would be good to remember that when criticizing someone else's ideas) would be useful.

When you stop acting like an evangelist at my door disrespecting my beliefs because you don't share them, I'll go back to respecting yours by not hanging evangelist intimidators in my porch. You think this game is so . you won't play Online and make a point of telling everyone so, over and over. I, however, think this game is worth my entire disposable income. You threw away the respect you were given for free as worthless to you, and now you call me critical? Certainly not compared to yourself.

It's not my job to know the limits of the Wurm engine.

It's OUR aspiration as Suggestors - our meta established through hard-earned experience - to aspire to accurately guess the reasonable limits, not only of the Wurm engine, but the socio-tolerance of our readership which include the Development Team. And just because the forum mods do not strictly enforce the posting rules to-the-letter, does not mean any of us get to disregard the reason they exist in the first place with absolute and indefinite impunity. The best way to be respected by others, is to be respectful of others yourself. It's a learning curve, and if you do not consider it your moral obligation at the very least, then your attitude will continue to be interpreted as by the users - who are entitled to their opinion, especially when it's an opinion shared collectively by a large body of users - as trolling. That's a core principle of sapient social group dynamics.

So we have collisions with terrain, trees and structures built by players. I don't understand how collisions with animals or vehicles would be any different? If your and my character are on the same tile, the direction of movement is calculated, or any other calculation is made, which will enable collision detection. Your character, while moving in the terrain, must also be located in some way with each tile so that the game knows which path you can move and which you cannot.

When Wurm was first created, there wasn't even gravity. There's a semi-famous quote from the earliest days of Wurm, of Rolf inspecting a bit of terraforming that had been created for his inspection, and saying that if they were to turn gravity on, this example would kill players. Moving a camera/avatar around at a height relative to a deformed plane called a terrain wireframe, is not the same as those avatars having the ability to slide down extreme slopes, taking simulated falling damage along the way. Wurm does not use a prepackaged game engine; they coded their own from scratch. There's no inbuilt functionality to switch on by calling an industry-standard function. There is no collision code for mobs. Not animals, not players, not vehicles. There is very-buggy collision code for static structures that can only exist on tile-borders (walls, fences, cave walls) and 1/9 points on a tile (tree trunks). There are ongoing issues concerning where the client thinks the camera is, and where the server thinks the 'avatar' is. Enabling real-time collisions between mobs is not a reasonable aspiration at this time.

And?

What is your basis for implying that scorpions do not already do more damage to players without shields?

Beginner players don't fight these NPCs but run away from them, so I don't understand what this has to do with them.

You are suggesting that aggro mobs should target not only the players, but all animals hitched to vehicles at the same time. Even ignoring that this is not how mob combat does or reasonably can work in the foreseeable future, your suggestion - whyever you suggested it - would affect new players massively, whilst barely affecting the gameplay of comfortably established accounts. And I am pointing out that you have overlooked the collateral damage of making the beginning-game MUCH harder, when we have more than enough problems retaining new players in the first place.

Your entire premise for starting to post in this forum whilst not playing the game yourself, as I understand it, was because - you said - Wurm Online was not doing enough to attract new players to the game. I'm pointing out that you are making lots of suggestions - not just this one - that would decrease Wurm Online's popularity with new players, by tanking this game's playability for those who have never played it before.

You _ don't _ understand _ what _ this _ has _ to _ do _ with _ them _ ??

If you aren't thinking about the potential, unintentional consequences to new players, every, single time you post a suggestion, then you are undermining the only reason I am prepared to give you the time of day on this forum.

Edited by Drayka

You don't understand my suggestion of limiting the length of the tunnels. After all, you could still mine one long tunnel through the entire map from N to S. The only difference would be that with some reasonable distance you would have to put deed with the tunnel exit. You know that the world of Wurm is 2D and if you mine a tunnel, another player can no longer mine through the same tile at a different height, so such a limitation should exist for a long time so that people do not get super long tunnels.

I understand that you think that "long tunnels" should be illegal unless "rich people" pay for the privilege of building them. I also understand that you unintentionally do not have the community's best interests at heart, and have developed tunnel-vision that this standard functionality offends your personal ideology of what players should not be allowed to do, on your watch.

You OP is extremely arrogant, as you have not considered the consequences to free-trial players whatsoever. In fact, you sound like you are on a campaign in most of your posts against remembered incidents with other players you consider to live in blissful ignorance of your desires to have fun too. And that is hypocritically selfish in the extreme as you are doing precisely the same to free-to-play-accounts, let alone anyone else you judge as inconsiderate to 'others'.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:45 PM, Darnok said:

Collisions with other players and animals, as well as vehicles.

Agreed to an extent, it would make the game, pvp especially more interesting, by encouraging shield wall type formations and other tactics. 

Between players, yes. Between vehicles? No, not unless we had jumping mechanics. Otherwise what's stopping a freedom griefer surrounding your deed with locked carts so you can't get out? Too many possibilities for abuse. But player collision would be fun. 

Vehicles (cart and wagon) should take damage when they collide with a tree or a player-created object (unless it is vehicle owner deed, on your deed you can collide for free 🙂).
Vehicles should also take damage if the player tries to drive over too steep terrain. I don't see why players use carts or wagons for exploration and not horses.

We use em for obvious purpose such as hunting since we can't carry 500 kg of hides to our deeds on 1 horse, or 1000 kg of meat. Other uses include = bringing a cart to a rift with supplies for people : cotton, food, water, tents, etc. 

Other than that, it's not GTA and due to the hap hazard nature of...well nature and trees, your suggestion would ruin carts/ wagons in 24 hours. It would make navigation a nightmare and just add frustration. Many people still aren't a fan of tree collision anyway. Some of us (moi included) miss the old days of no-tree collision. 

A player armed with long spear while riding a horse (after exceeding a certain speed) during collision with mobs or other players should deal to them very high damage. Armored horses with draft and combat trait should additionally enhance the damage dealt during a collision.

Wurm has collision detection issues also due to the lag between your client and the server. Sometimes the client can freeze for a second and your char gets a desync message. Lancing in pvp would be an interesting tactic, but not sure we have the tools to support such a suggestion. 

An initial attack for animals such as the bison, bull, male deer, ram, unicorn, lava fiend would be a charge that deals damage to players and vehicles (if the player is in a cart or wagon). If the player runs away from the animal, his attack would also be a charge causing collision with the player or his vehicle.

Not a useful thing. Dying due to your own charge would be silly. Wurm has too much RNG as it is, no one wants to roll the die every time they charge. 

The bears, mountain lions and wolves should scare the animals led by the player. So right after combat with the bear starts, all the animals that the player had lead start to run away for a few tiles.

For breeders of various animals, this is simply a frustration fest. Wurm mobs are everywhere and realistically, sheep aren't afraid of a troll near the, why should they suddenly be afraid of a wolf? Wogic yes, but things are better as they are. 

Spiders should throw a web on a random tile around them once every few attacks, the player, after stepping into that tile, is additionally slowed down.

Not against this suggestion to be honest. I find spiders as being quite squishy (no pun intended) when it comes to killing them. They are scary when you have 10 FS but once you get a decent weapon and armor they are pretty harmless. 

Scorpions should deal extra damage to players without a shield.

Sure, makes sense if it's a tail /piercing attack. In medieval times , archers and infantry sometimes carried metal spikes + a hammer to pierce plate armor. 

Crocodiles, hell hounds and anacondas should attack and damage the horses and the player simultaneously (the horses attached to the vehicles as well).

No, not a good idea. Many wurmians care a lot for their mounts and make a lot of effort to keep their prized horses alive for years. We don't usually hunt using HH or tamed unicorns for that very reason. Too easy to lose your horse to a troll or a couple of hell hounds. 

Trolls should perform a special blow (random, can trigger only if troll is below 50% health) that would knock the player off the horse or vehicle.

Trolls are quite possibly the most annoying enemy in the game already due to their prevalence, damage they do on armor and insanely fast regeneration ability. Adding more virtues to them would make them a bit too deadly to new people, unless we reduced the troll population and increased FS gained from killing them. Still, would be pretty easy to archer for vets. Minus one for this one, unless their pop was reduced to make up for increased deadliness. 

Not sure if OP is trolling or not, but the only thing that really caught my eye was the player collision idea. 

But @Draykayou need to understand. Darnok does not like long tunnels......

On 7/8/2021 at 4:45 PM, Darnok said:

I don't like long tunnels 🙂

"people who make or go in long tunnels should die".. naahh

idk I feel fine having tunnels through mountains.. that let me shortcut from A to B.. and save time.. lets keep these things around as they are. (<<fullstop)

1 hour ago, elentari said:

I find spiders as being quite squishy (no pun intended) when it comes to killing them. They are scary when you have 10 FS but once you get a decent weapon and armor they are pretty harmless. 

Oh I agree, they are very vulnerable to piercing attack at minimum. They NEVER stop being scary, even when they are blue outline and completely ignore you as per Fo mechanics. If the Libila-damned things are upgraded to throw webs when aggressive, I want an OP, no skill, repeating crossbow with unlimited ammo so I can kill them from far, far way. (If this is a purchase-only item, that only works on huge and lava spiders, gives no FS, leaves no corpse to butcher, and cannot contribute towards missions, I'm okay with that. In fact, if it makes them explode into an innocuous puddle of goo, I'll buy one tomorrow!)

1 hour ago, elentari said:

Not sure if OP is trolling or not, but the only thing that really caught my eye was the player collision idea. 

First tell me how the desynch issue can be solved. It's already a complete nightmare for PvP with the combat system as-is: Your enemy isn't where you think they are, so you can't hit them.

2 hours ago, brattygirl said:

But @Draykayou need to understand. Darnok does not like long tunnels......

Then he doesn't have to go in them. He's already said he doesn't like mining, so why not just stay out of tunnels completely?

I REALLY don't like spiders, but I wouldn't dream of suggesting having them removed from the game. Especially the fog spiders which are disturbingly realistic looking, but are an important part of Wurm mythology and history. Yeah, there's a phobia setting, no, I don't use it, because I suspect I would find it MORE disturbing to be chased around by a tiny question bag. *shudder*

• Like 1

All of these suggestions fail basic accessibility considerations.