Sign in to follow this  
Eleraan

Make Archaeology Tokens Smeltable

I am out of copper. Let me smelt down the piles of copper tokens to make more stills.  That is all. 

• Like 2

They were at one point, but that suddenly provided a source of glimmersteel so it got patched out. (If I'm remembering correct)

3 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

They were at one point, but that suddenly provided a source of glimmersteel so it got patched out. (If I'm remembering correct)

as far as I'm aware, they never were smeltable, and because they can come in moonmetals

6 hours ago, Lisabet said:

as far as I'm aware, they never were smeltable, and because they can come in moonmetals

same.. afaik

3kg smelted seems pretty op.. also some people have a ton of these, it's not so skill related, as rich history places giving you easy access to hoard a lot of these, pretty unbalanced.. and you can get 1-2 or more a day... for pve casual chill content vs doing rifts actively.. or pvp events, buying at token or players... seems too easy to get mm lumps from smelting tokens

if your idea is to smelt any normal metal tokens.. ok

...or smelt a little amount of metal out of them like it works already with tools with heavy wooden parts (you only get metal accounted for the metal part)

seems still too op for a casual action and rare resource, too easy to farm, there's no event or competitors.. you'll just print money by spamming actions with woa trowel on same place(s) and print money, only stopper is cooldown on tile, which is not that hard to work around once you turn it into a business and make a schedule for farming A,B,C,D,E... place every day...

Fair enough, smelting moon metals would be bad.  Mostly I just don't know what to do with the piles of the same ones I get when I make my rounds for arch wood around my deed.  That and I need that copper! 

+1 to smelting non-moonmetal tokens. Reasoning - moonmetal is metallurgically unsmeltable except by deities. 😛

+1 - I have a lot of tokens sitting about that would look better in a BSB :D but providing there is weight lost (like with the smelting of tools and such) I would not be opposed to having the MM tokens smeltable as well. The MM tokens are quite rare to get, at least from what I have seen and from talking to some players. Providing you don't end up with the 3kg, but let's say even 1kg. I can see that being fair. Providing the MM tokens keep being a rare token to find. 

Spoiler

On a side note we should be able to smelt hotas. Who doesn't want 150kg of glimmer or adamantine :P 

I tried melting down the arch statuettes too sadly no go. 

13 hours ago, Drayka said:

+1 to smelting non-moonmetal tokens. Reasoning - moonmetal is metallurgically unsmeltable except by deities. 😛

I think you mean, the melting point of moon metals  is higher than anything a forge can reach.

(Let's pretend that moonmetal veins don't exist, for now)

11 hours ago, Sheffie said:

I think you mean, the melting point of moon metals  is higher than anything a forge can reach.

(Let's pretend that moonmetal veins don't exist, for now)

(double-checks wiki: Rod of transmutation: It cannot create rock, adamantine, glimmersteel, seryll, or rock salt veins.)

No, actually I don't think moon-metals are anything that could conform to our periodic table, even as alloys. I think the lumps we get gifted, are like dog-food is to dogs. No canine could ever gain the necessary understanding of bio-chemistry, to provide themselves with the nutritionally-engineered pre-packaged food we provide them with, as our pets.

Currently moonmetal items can be smelted. Don't give an idea to devs to disable smelting unwanted seryll plate sets by lore ...

On 7/9/2021 at 5:38 PM, Jaz said:

Currently moonmetal items can be smelted. Don't give an idea to devs to disable smelting unwanted seryll plate sets by lore ...

My apologies. I honestly didn't know that was a thing. I no longer make anything smithable but bulk creation components - nails, arrowheads and I might make locks. I never saw a moonmetal anything when I played on PvE.

🙃 How about saccing unsmeltable things to the gods, and getting lumps dropped in your pockets in exchange?

To sacrifice a HotA statue, (which I assume will not fit in an altar) activate it in your inventory, and select Sacrifice at the altar. You get X weight of lump in return - nothing near to the original weight of the statue, and/or a Deed Faith Bonus since it's a metal item.

Archaeology tokens ought to have a far better rate of return, weight for weight.

Or is saccing them for deed faith bonus already a thing?

Sacrifice already has code to check for adding to Deed Faith Bonus, so it could be coded in for the gods to decide to regulate how much additional moon-metal enters the market via this method.

Edited by Drayka

check the price of mm lumps / hotas and you'll see how much 'wrong' such change could bring

only ones to benefit from this are few hota hoarders from times with no competition.. 

other sources are pve rifts and token shop.. barely any from journal goal; afaik chaos event spawned mobs dont give that anymore(? don't really care)

30 minutes ago, Finnn said:

check the price of mm lumps / hotas and you'll see how much 'wrong' such change could bring

Er, how?

run the numbers..

there's in-game trade channel/forum to check prices for .4kg and 1kg mm lumps..

A+ Something needs to be done with them all.  I've filled dozens of chests coffins and coffers with them.  Currently I can only sac them, as no space left to store them.  It feels like we are all waiting for a special purpose for them which hasn't materialised. :) 

or not? there's no purpose for half the low ql pottery or bricks/ shards from arhaeology, they are already sacrificed or combined and dumped in bsbs, with normal metal.. there's not much to gain.. nothing to lose implementing it.. but mms are a bit too much energy 

so much sugar..

Chocolate-mm-Balls-Beans-Shaped-Chocolat

I think, too, that smelting would be over the top. Maybe saccing with similar albeit much lower effect than valrei items would be a thing.