Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

Sound-proofing houses

I don't care is it's a sink for wool, cotton, hay, mixed grass, huge sheets of cork made from oak bark, or just a function of rendering. House walls, roof and floor should be able to be insulated somehow.

I'd like the option to reduce the event/sound spam of local, and local chat, if a house/room has no windows.

Which would also give a valid reason to add 'Knock' functionality to doors. Preferably with an optional brass knocker - very Victorian, I know.

For some weird reason I can very clearly hear when my neigbour imps metal items, when he is inside his stone house (at the far end), on the far side of a large boat shed, a little tool shed, and a courtyard.  It sounds exactly as loud as if he was using my forge in my house.

So yes, something is needed.  Whether it needs to be an actual form of soundproofing installed, or if it just needs to be some commonsense approach to environmental sounds, it could stand some improvement.

well since we don't have double insulated glass paned windows, you'd have to remove all windows in favour of walls.  We've asked, devs ignored us, no glassworking :(

I'd like them to bring back the microphone in local, while we're at it, would work well with noise blocking and limited range of hearing like this.