Sign in to follow this  
neopherus

Please re-add the option to use the external wiki when hitting the "wiki" key

bind H "toggle wikisearch"

I used to hit this button when I needed a reminder, type in the word(s) that would take me to the correct page on the wiki(without having to use the mouse), then read it on my second monitor.

After the in game wiki was implemented you have to use the mouse regardless and it takes longer to find the article you need.

I miss the old way and would love for it to be added back as an optional way of searching the wiki.

• Like 7

ONLY if that keybind is easy to remove.. idk why but mine kept being a thing every time I run the game.. H kept opening that input field.... no matter how many times I keybind it to "" or examine or just anything but opening browser tabs...

+1 for reviving that old mini wiki ingame ( that thing was not perfect but SO MUCH MORE USEFUL )

I think over all for new players the new wiki does provide a whole lot of use, it's easier to understand for the newer players to reduce the learning curve.

That being said, the old ingame wiki does have things in a really good consolidated container, having it as either a toggle under profile settings or re adding it as an additional feature would be a good thing!

3 minutes ago, Vogar said:

I think over all for new players the new wiki does provide a whole lot of use, it's easier to understand for the newer players to reduce the learning curve.

That being said, the old ingame wiki does have things in a really good consolidated container, having it as either a toggle under profile settings or re adding it as an additional feature would be a good thing!

The new in game wiki is great! I have no qualms with it, but the option to use get the old one back should be there.

47 minutes ago, Finnn said:

ONLY if that keybind is easy to remove.. idk why but mine kept being a thing every time I run the game.. H kept opening that input field.... no matter how many times I keybind it to "" or examine or just anything but opening browser tabs...

+1 for reviving that old mini wiki ingame ( that thing was not perfect but SO MUCH MORE USEFUL )

The suggestion isn't about the keybind, but the function. This suggestion wouldn't impact *your* keybinds at all.

• Like 1

Need a option to go external without copying a link and pasting on a browser. Also the new internal page needs to keep track of our history or go back where it was when we reopen it without hitting backspace. Voice commands would be nice too for search results.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shamgar said:

Voice commands would be nice too for search results.

z8mvor7.jpg

• Like 2

My problem with the new in-game wiki is that, even after the fix, I still have times where it fails to close and uses 100% CPU and memory hours after I close wurm. Having the ability to open the old wiki search that opens outside of the game would be awesome.

When one uses the in game wiki, the client creates a new 'connection' to the forums. every time. same for chat pm's and server crossings for the irc system. Wurm never closes them untill you close the game, and sometimes if you leave the game running for hours on end, they end up hanging in the system till you reboot the computer, even if you have restarted Wurm(somthing about moving inactinve, but open connections to paging)

^^^^ grant you this the best i can tell. Some of you may have noticed more then the normal number of repeated instances of svchost.exe going on just after a wurm crash at an impalong.

Edited by Tomatoes

So let me get this straight.... we can't unbind the wiki permanently according to Finn and each time we open it, even if we close it it still hogs up RAM? Lovely. 

Gotta test it tonight if I can unbind that sucker for good. Either that or use a software to disable the H key while playing wurm :)) 

9 hours ago, elentari said:

So let me get this straight.... we can't unbind the wiki permanently according to Finn and each time we open it, even if we close it it still hogs up RAM? Lovely. 

Gotta test it tonight if I can unbind that sucker for good. Either that or use a software to disable the H key while playing wurm :)) 

I've had problems unbinding it, but if you bind something else over it, it has always 'stuck'. 

ya, i 'moved' the bind: changed it to something i never press, then rebound the original key to some action. worked perfectly fine first time for every toon.

i have yet to fully test this part, mostly due to my physical issues, but i really wonder how that is effecting travel.....is it also opening a new connection every time you encounter another player in your local

I'd like to be able to right click a wiki link in game and open an outside browser myself, instead of being forced to open it in the ingame wiki window

• Like 2

I have long had the craziest dream.

In this magical dream world I play a wurm that has options for things. A world where we have the old text based in game wiki with wonderful quick copy paste and nice clean plaintext data, yet we also have the ability to spawn an external window, and even crazier the new in game browser deal (with the cursor starting in the search box and active). All these things could coexist and use the same bind with a setoption or profile toggle to select the action, or we could go super crazy and let you use them interchangeably opening each in the most convenient place for the player, the content, and the moment.

But choice is such a 20th century throw back. No one in the modern world wants choices. They just mean scary decisions...