Sign in to follow this  
Cowglue

Peat spreading

On 2/10/2022 at 12:18 AM, onefaithm said:

So i was asked to give screenshots of the spread. I do hope these will do.https://imgur.com/a/e57jaE9

I fear you misunderstood. We know how peat looks like. You were asked for coordinates of the additional tiles.

There is a distinct lack of before and after screenshots, along with a complete dearth of exact coordinated in this thread. I was curious so I took the recent map dump, isolated peat in both the original and the new one, then diffed the two. Here is the result. I coloured the changes in bright orange:

NESHUzC.png

Black background:

EvR0Goo.png

Peat has shrunk quite a bit, mostly due to a village in the Southeast destroying a number of tiles. There are a few additional isolated peat tiles, but they are clearly made by players (usually along with another clay tile). Other differences show players removing more peat.

Edited by Batolemaeus

I've done the same comparison for Melody. Created two images containing only peat tiles and changed the colours for each one. The original map is coloured red and has the text "Peat Original". The new map dump is coloured green and has the text "Peat February 2022". The two images were then overlaid.

Spoiler

wO5bAHB.png

Tiles that were originally peat and are unchanged are yellow

Tiles that were originally peat and where the peat has been removed are red

Tiles that were originally not peat and where peat has spread or been created are green.

Results are the same as @Batolemaeus saw on Cadence, a few red tiles where peat has been removed and a small number of isolated green tiles likely where people have created a peat tile on their deed.

I don't see any widespread green areas where peat may have spread naturally.