Sign in to follow this  
Cowglue

Peat spreading

If you guys can post screenshots as well as any landmarks that are near the spreading peat, it would help Devs to be able to find the area and see what the problem is.

Both deeds are on Cadence,both deed owners are in our alliance and can confirm this has spread naturally without any player intervention.

1st image is west of Happy Daze deed 2 nd image is looking North East from Ravenrest deed.Both areas were originally just 3-4 tiles.

https://imgur.com/a/ODPGnkh

More screenshots looking West from Happy Daze,the peat has now spread right to the paved tiles also added a screenshot looking East at Happy Daze to show the extent of the infestation.

https://imgur.com/a/vP1mgx2

I've added this to the list, thank you Cowglue for letting us know about this issue.

• Like 1

I can confirm that this is a problem as well in Melody, my deed is surrounded by peat and it's spread all the way up my mountain where I am trying to build a highway around it, which is now completely useless.  When this gets taken care of is there a possibility that GMs can change it back to stone?  If it keeps up pretty much 1/3rd of my deed will be completely useless and I already took a horrible hit over the horses randomly dying after the traits and losing all my bison because of that so this is a bit frustrating for me.

https://imgur.com/a/7j21lp9

https://imgur.com/a/wowWwAV

That's e22 melody, I did not have that peat up in the treeline or where my guard tower is before this happened, if you need more pictures I can help out, I know where the majority of it was before this happened so if it spreads I can mostly point out where it is, this area was getting cleared for my highway hookup but I need to rethink the whole thing now

Can this please be fixed, genuinely pathetic it's not been handled yet considering how damaging it can and has been.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 8:53 AM, Cowglue said:

I was asked to post here as ive noticed that peat is naturally spreading and slowly consuming large areas of the map

https://imgur.com/a/1Dw1wiZ

When I opened that link, I saw this...

KDzq3pm.jpg

I thot... wow.. peats everywhere.

Update: That image works ok in my other browser. Ya. But now I'm a run around check my local peat fields, this sounds bad.

On 8/4/2021 at 6:28 PM, TeeeBOMB said:

When I opened that link, I saw this...

KDzq3pm.jpg

I thot... wow.. peats everywhere.

Update: That image works ok in my other browser. Ya. But now I'm a run around check my local peat fields, this sounds bad.

I get that on other pics when i try to open them from an ig link. Found out was from having chrome zoomed in to 125%. Once i set it back to 100% pics appeared for me.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:17 PM, Synjor said:

Can this please be fixed, genuinely pathetic it's not been handled yet considering how damaging it can and has been.

Once the fix has been applied, all the affected tiles can be converted to something more reasonable. Exactly how many tiles and where they are that is left as Peat, will be up to the GMs, but I imagine they will do their best.

Another bug regarding peat is that now we can forage on it. Maybe peat now is traeted like grass thus spread issues?

I foraged few tiles and got garlic etc.

Also, do we get any peat removal from GM side? Transmutting so many tiles would be dramatic if we need to fix this by ourselves.

I previously had been told that trees and sand tiles would prevent peat spreading however a player at the Melody rift told me that peat has been spreading across sandy desert tiles for months north of his deed on Melody.

Any update on the peat taking over the world fiasco? Ive been trying to keep flowers surrounding em to keep it at bay but even that seems to be a losing effort as im constantly having to replace the flowers more then ever.  SW part of my deed (Minas Tirith on Cad) is almost all peat, over 400 tiles now. 

Same problem here. Trees and sand tile are not stopping it.

Peat is spreading like wildfire:

wurmlauncher64-exe-Screenshot-2021-10-16

I have been looking at areas of peat on different servers comparing the number of tiles of peat in game with the most recent map dumps

Pristine
date 06/10/2021
in game 340 on map 342
coordinate pristine.yaga.host/#1045,1406
on deed Mayhemville and its perimeter

Harmony
date 07/10/2021
in game 179 on map 179
coordinate harmony.yaga.host/#2554,2260
off deed

Cadence

date 21/10/2021
in game 207 on map 207
coordinate cadence.yaga.host/#2433,2861
off deed

Melody
date 23/10/2021
in game 281 on map 282
coordinate  melody.yaga.host/#845,1028
off deed

Two have not expanded and two have expanded by one or two tiles, or I may have miscounted slightly. I don't think one data point from each server is enough to draw any conclusions I encourage you to check peat patches near you and post more data here.

Seems the spread of peat has stopped or dramatically slowed but, the recent map dumps (early Oct 21) don't show how much had spread from when first started back before 1 July. If the spread has been stopped, is there no plans on helping revert our tiles back to what was before the spread?

I understand the Northern Isles map dumps are from when the servers were new so they should be showing the original terrain including the peat patches. If the peat is unchanged from then until now it hasn't spread.

• Like 1

well then everyone saying it has must be wrong then I guess.

well then everyone saying it has must be wrong then I guess.

I'm not saying they are wrong, I have only checked a very small number of peat patches and those have not spread.

I'm willing to believe that peat is spreading but since I can't check it all myself I asked for people to post some data about the locations and how much their patches of peat have spread.

So far nothing has been posted to change my conclusions.

Well I have no pictures to show what was there to compare to whats there now so cant give any evidence proving spread unfortunately. 

To transmute some of the 400 plus tiles of peat i have now on my deed will be costly :(

Edited by SouthPaw

Pictures aren't necessary. Go to a patch of peat that has spread and count the number of peat tiles, then count the number of tiles on the most recent map dump of your server. For the Northern Isles the map dumps are from when the servers were launched and for the Southern Isles from January 2021. Post your numbers here with a map link to show where you're looking.

So there still seems an issue as I have peat here that is spreading on cadence. N23