Sign in to follow this  
Vanzle

Hear me out

Ok so I'm sure a lot of you know of LIFE IS FEUDAL your own and the mmo. The devs for it abandoned the game but what if wurm and life is feudal MMO merged. So like wurm picked up the great parts of it and discarded the bad parts turning it all into wurm online. Now don't get me wrong I love wurm it's great, but life is feudal was supposed to be the best medieval game but didn't have the client base and wurm has a client base and I feel like if there was a merger it would attract all the people who would like a game like wurm life is feudal and mount and blade. Again just an idea

There's no company out there that would want to develop that lol

And what excatly do you think should be added to Wurm? i could like some of it but overall LiF was a terrible game in my opinion.

And yeah dont think this will ever happen :)

It would be great if we could just make an amazing rocket that could take us to other planets and we could start up humanity on another planet and..

... You name the post "hear me out" and then throw out an idea that .. well.. I'll just parrot what Jore said: Good luck finding someone who would want to sink the money and time required to doing such a thing. Maybe if you understood the scope of what you're suggestion, you might realize that it's hard to hear someone out who starts talking about how we should build a superdupermega rocket that could take us to mars in a week.

Merging two games isn't as easy as taking two lumps of clay and merging them. That's not how things work. It's probably easier to start it from scratch. You're basically asking someone to "Hey! just create this new game that I want!" in a random forum of a random game.

Edited by Borstaskor

dood.. isn't this .... game you mention inspired by wurm, didn't lif devs plagiarism sandbox mechanics from several games and just make their own mess-bag inventory and make it all into their own 3d game.. which is nothing more than a 'rust' that gets wiped every 2 weeks because of the server lags and it's impossible to play without clearing everything?

3 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

Merging two games isn't as easy as taking two lumps of clay and merging them. That's not how things work. It's probably easier to start it from scratch. You're basically asking someone to "Hey! just create this new game that I want!" in a random forum of a random game.

btw, there's nothing wrong with saying things like that here.

KKlteyu.png

• Like 1

Lif didn't have a good dev team. Wurm has a great dev team. That on its own is the biggest bonus, and I wasn't saying take all of lif and add it to wurm I was talking about pieces since it's been abandoned. Wurm has the superiority in skill gain, inventory, and resource collection as well as community. But what if you took things like character graphics, combat (as an option so that people could choose between it and the way wurm is now), you know just like picking some ideas from it not the whole entire game. Wurms great don't wanna ruin it just suggesting being as I enjoy both games and see an emense amount of similarities 

4 minutes ago, Vanzle said:

Lif didn't have a good dev team. Wurm has a great dev team. That on its own is the biggest bonus, and I wasn't saying take all of lif and add it to wurm I was talking about pieces since it's been abandoned. Wurm has the superiority in skill gain, inventory, and resource collection as well as community. But what if you took things like character graphics, combat (as an option so that people could choose between it and the way wurm is now), you know just like picking some ideas from it not the whole entire game. Wurms great don't wanna ruin it just suggesting being as I enjoy both games and see an emense amount of similarities 

You might do better phrasing it as a specific suggestion tailored to Wurm, inspired by the strengths of another game which you can use for reference, but detailing how it would work in Wurm and benefit the community here. Your pitch was too general and non-specific, for the vast majority of the most avid posters on this forum. ;) FYI, I've never played LiF, so I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

On 7/1/2021 at 5:08 AM, Vanzle said:

Wurm has a great dev team.

I disagree with this^

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update
  • Like 1

If you've ever played lif your own or mount and blade. The combat system is probably their best parts in my opinion. (Although is seems like lif took those from mount and blade as they didn't have the same combat in early lif games) as well as the character graphics (lif has good character graphics). Though as I said wurm has the superior skill gaining system, resource collection, and inventory management. I think working on the combat system and character graphics would make the game feel more smooth and well ferbished. I also think the "how close you are to your boat to work on it" needs to be fixed as I'm always needing to move around to work on my boat even standing in the center of it doesn't necessarily mean I can work on it. Though I do enjoy what the dev team has done with wurm this far its a very enjoyable game if not one you can spend hours and hours on. I will admit even with good internet and a good computer the last two updates have been troublesome to download because I've had to get them off the website due to the start up client crashing at 99%.

9 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

Maybe if you understood the scope of what you're suggestion, you might realize that it's hard to hear someone out who starts talking about how we should build a superdupermega rocket that could take us to mars in a week

I do understand that merging is difficult and I also understand that it would require a lot of resources time money ect. The title hear me out should have told you its a far fetched idea and not the best explained. But as I've stated parts of said game would in my opinion improve upon one thats working (meaning ideas from a game that used ideas from multiple games could help plan or be used as a baseplate for updates/patches) 

ITT: Dev from LIF tries to sell the idea of Wurm buying the game out

Love the idea of drawing inspiration from other games to improve Wurm. Though I suggest you reframe the post to be specific suggestions like. I enjoyed how the priests could bless you to improve your luck where in Wurm that could potentially increase rare and affinity rates or something. The strengths and weaknesses of things are subjective so you suggesting we should take all their strengths is difficult because we don't know what you consider a strength vs. a weakness.