Oblivionnreaver

Did anyone here play during the month of april

u play wurm unlimited april 2021?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. u play wurm unlimited april 2021?

• yes i play game then
    • game bad i no play but i loved it in may 2021 and march 2021

As per this post here 

there's doubt from darnok that there was a single person playing in the month of april this year, and that my opinion that everyone didn't quit for a month then all suddenly come back does not hold up against data, so i was wondering if anyone has CERTIFIED proof that they played wurm unlimited during this month. Maybe like a time stamped photo that has been certified by a Justice of the peace (or other local officials that certify government documentation in your country) or some undeniable proof that you indeed did play wurm unlimited in the month of april 2021 would be lovely to prove or disprove this theory. Any of the other months with 0 players would work, but I'm not too sure people keep documentation of wurm unlimited gameplay that old.

NOTE: THIS IS FOR WURM UNLIMITED NOT WURM ONLINE I KNOW YOU DONT READ THE SUBFORUM NAME

• Like 1

You should add if it was played on steam or any other platform that has the ability to count players 😉

I am afraid in April I was doing important stuff like filing tax returns and paying the rates.  I did however log into my steam account and visibly *look* at the Wurm Unlimited play button, but did not press it.  I don't know if that counts.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I traced every IP that launched Wurm Unlimited using a GUI I made in Visual Basic, and made every launcher open a new client I made for the Family Guy MMORPG, Family Guy Online.

Family Guy Online is a defunct massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) based on the animated television series Family Guy, developed in a partnership between Canadian studio Roadhouse Interactive and 20th Century Fox. Family Guy Online was free-to-play using the Unity game engine. The game originally launched into public beta on April 17, 2012. but on December 21, 2012 the developers announced that the game would not be developed beyond beta status and would be permanently shut down on January 18, 2013. The shutdown took place as announced, and the game is now closed. until May 2014, the game never left beta and redirected to the Fox website for the show.

Family Guy Online used cel shaded graphics. The game used typical MMORPG character classes such as having Stewie act as a ranger, Peter as a tank, and Lois as a healer. Players would create their own character using the Griffin family as a template. The actual characters from the show are reserved as non-playable characters (NPCs) in the game in order to give the player quests and advance the storyline. The NPCs in the game were voiced by the same voice actors in the show.

The game used two types of in-game currency: cash and clams. Clams are earned by completing in-game objectives.

Family Guy Online was first revealed by 20th Century Fox through social media and through its official website on June 16, 2011, with initial plans to launch the game in autumn 2011. People wishing to join the beta phase for the game were invited to register on the website, although registration did not guarantee entrance into the beta. The game would use the Unity game engine to run within a user's web browser. IGN's Nick Kolan said that the game's use of cel shaded graphics showed potential for the game, but worried that it "could also be a total no-effort cash-cow."

Rather than licensing the rights to create a game based on the television series, Family Guy Online was developed directly by 20th Century Fox, in partnership with Roadhouse Interactive and Sleepy Giant Entertainment. The publisher of the game wanted it to appeal to both casual and hardcore gamers, and to this end chose to make the game using the Unity engine instead of developing it as a game for Facebook.

The game was launched in 2012 and entered a public beta phase on April 17, 2012, but never moved out of beta. On December 21, 2012, an announcement posted on the Family Guy Online website stated that the game would be permanently closed on January 18, 2013. Real-money purchases that players had made within the 60 days prior to the announcement would be refunded to them.

I read on Kotaku that it's better than Civ 5 with the Brave New World expansion pack.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Madnath said:

... New World ...

about that.. yea.. soon

31 AUG 2021

EGdvJRGNWNUXHiu4_lULb6gXv477fz4DZKTbACapxJneboMN66bGQNbCWPw_4_qtpJISHuumRRXAqfFM-IveAnPB

Edited by Finnn

Well it may suffice to ask Sklo whether he closed his servers whole April ;) bet he did not. Ty Finn for the data.

32 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Well it may suffice to ask Sklo whether he closed his servers whole April ;) bet he did not. Ty Finn for the data.

Since I sometimes fear that people will raid my house when my server is just offline for a day, I can say for sure that everything was fine with Wurm Unlimited in April, since nobody stormed through my door.

Population dropped a bit in April but has already increased again since then, so things are great, no need to worry about WU. On my server there hasn't been a single second in which there were no players online for years. (expect around updates and restarts ofc)

I am also a bit confused about the purpose of this thread.

• Like 3

NO, I hardly get on these days.. I'm so busy with RL.  I miss peoples terribly but life comes first

• Like 1

I had a whole genuine comment here, before I realized that this is about someone complaining without proof that there was nobody playing in April - though obviously there were many. Next time I'll read more carefully and not assume it's a real issue, lol. 

Edited by Batta
  • Like 2