Sign in to follow this  
Muffinman

Server activities / deeds costs

Hello everybody,

I am a old exodus server player. I went back to the server after three years of absence and it's quite surprising to see the jungle and the disappearance of all the cities that I have known. It's part of the joys & sorrows of this game. 

I really hesitate to back to wurm online (I don't really like the unlimited version :(, even if it has a financial advantage :) for sure).

I have three questions :

- Is there a way to find out the population of the different servers (number of players / deed...), some must be more lively than others?

- Are the unkeep cost and the creation of a deed is reduced now or are they still the same?

- Is it still possible to travel between different servers?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Hello Muffinman!

- You can see the current playercount using this link: http://www.wurmonline.com/status-new/ <- link doesn't include all NFI servers, but it gives a rough picture

- Costs are pretty much the same, but having a Trader on deed gives you a 20% discount on upkeep.

- Yes, you can sail between each server of your cluster(Remember to plot course!). South Freedom(old) and North Freedom(new) are separated however.

Edited by neopherus

Heya! About a year ago they opened a new cluster (Northern isles). You can still travel between servers, but only within each cluster. So, if you have character on Exodus you can travel to the other south servers, but not the north ones.

About deeds, here is a list of current deeds pr server:

South cluster

Celebration 175
Deliverance 278
Exodus 161
Independence 567 (density: 142)
Pristine 196
Release 217
Xanadu 939 (density: 104)

North cluster

Harmony 569 (density: 142)
Melody 255
Cadence 850 (density: 212)

I added in density here as well, to compensate for the server size. Hope this helps, and welcome back!

Hey, welcome back!

I see that neopherus reply was complete. 

I would start in the new north freedom, with a new character I found an alliance, a lot of people and fun! 

As an Exodus player, it was amazing to see a lot of people! 

Hello, thank you for your very clear answers!

I really want to come back and rebuild my old deed on Exodus... I had really great times on this game, a great community !

I'm going on vacation next week but I'll seriously think about it :) ! A lot of work ahead to rebuild the deed but my old character who had improved a bit could make things easier.

This game has aged well I think the improvement of the graphics is nice.